Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (TiTs) Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• andywilkie35 26 Jan 2012 15:22:43 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still haven't got it as my willpower is holding out but really sounds excellent from those points...might hover over it tonight on the store and see how my willpower holds out then...

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• JinTypeNoir 26 Jan 2012 17:42:15 4,365 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:As with most JRPGs everything starts off very simply with basic missions and minimal story, however this develops in to the usual 'save the world' epic.
    I'd be careful with this assessment, while the last game in the series has yet to be completed, as of completing the fifth game, I have no idea if this is true or not. If you were to compare it to other RPGs, you might say it is easy to predict, but this is part of The Legend of Heroes series -- even the first two games were unusually complex for their time and since the third, none of the games have been about that. I think you could compare to Suikoden. There are various political events occuring in various countries that the characters get mixed up, but you neither go on an epic or save the world eventually, at least not yet.

I hope you don't consider it spoilers for the next games, I think you should know that what you're getting.

But, despite playing this game from start to finish and completing all but a few side missions, I still can't figure out why it's called Trails in the Sky...!
    You will know once you finish the second game. Remember, this was once one game, but it got too huge, but it was split into two. I'm not sure of the English title, but the Japanese title is First Chapter.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2012 17:59:56 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for the heads-up JTN. I know there's a second chapter - in fact I can't wait - but was trying to view the game in isolation :)
  • itamae 26 Jan 2012 19:33:11 9,827 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    I hope you don't consider it spoilers for the next games, I think you should know that what you're getting.
    Or not getting, more like. It has been awfully quiet on the localization front, except for some early tl;dtranslate. :-(
  • Deleted user 26 January 2012 20:47:43
    I think it'll be a year at least for SC, if we get it at all.

Last I read from Tom was him saying that there is a long way to go.
    They still haven't found a solution for the PSN thing either, so I'm thinking PC download is more likely (or PC & UMD simultaneous release).
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2012 22:19:49 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We need Ghostlight Ross here to let us know when the next one's coming!
  • Deleted user 27 January 2012 00:40:01
    I'm not sure Ross will be able to help in the current situation. Ghostlight are waiting on XSEED's translation and they probably know as much as us on the current progress (and if they did know more, I'm sure XSEED would keep them tight-lipped).

Would be great if I'm wrong though and Ross came in here with some breaking news :)

Oh, and good review Flying_Pig
    I agree, Olivier is pure awesomeness in videogame form! The sad thing is I hear he takes a greater role in the rest of the series, we may never see...
  • Mr_Brown 27 Jan 2012 00:42:29 931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finally buckled and brought this. Heard some comparisons to early Suikoden from an RPG podcast and had to get it on that basis.

The next one was only released in Japan recently wasn't it? I wonder if they will release it for the PSP over here. It'll be hard to get hold of as most retailers are replacing everything with Vita pre orders already. I hope it is though!

Vita: GameOverYeah

• Deleted user 27 January 2012 01:04:55
    No, the recent one was the fifth in the series.

This is how it goes:

1) Trails in the Sky
    2) Trails in the Sky, Second Chapter
    3) Trails in the Sky, Third
    4) Zero no Kiseki (Trails in the Zero??)
    5) Ao no Kiseki (Trails in the Blue??)

Ao was the one just released in Japan. The chances of us ever seeing that are pretty slim at the moment!
    To make things even worse, another entry has just been announced for release this year on the PSP, Nayuta no Kiseki.

And you should know that each one has probably more text in it than any other JRPG in existence, so they take aaages to translate, especially for a small company like XSEED.

They are translating the second game at the moment, but it may take a long time to finish, and they can't promise they will release it at all.
  • Mr_Brown 27 Jan 2012 01:24:00 931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha! Crap I didn't realise we were so far behind! I had heard the order of translation was pretty bad from East to West! I'm sure we'll see the 2nd at some point as Xseed/Ghostlight know their fambase will pick it up even if it's a year or two after the PSP is unsupported. They could always release it as a PSN only, I'd much prefer a physical UMD but anythings better than nothing I guess!

Vita: GameOverYeah

• Deleted user 27 January 2012 01:31:58
    Mr_Brown wrote:
    They could always release it as a PSN only,
    Fraid not haha.
    There is more bad news. The second game is so big, it exceeds PSN limits.
    It was so big it had to be released on two UMDs in Japan. I know FF Type-0 is on two UMDs and PSN, but that's a different story...
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2012 08:49:55 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But surely Vita games and some PS3 games are more that 5GB. I couldn't bare the thought of not seeing Second Chapter after the trailer at the end of TitS!
  • Deleted user 27 January 2012 11:19:56
    I don't know how the whole PSN thing works to be honest, whether there is a different rule for PSP games. It all seems a bit weird to me but I know XSEED are still citing it as a problem.

I am sure we will see it here one day, but we may have to make do with the PC vesion or hope that Falcom do a Vita port.
    If worst comes to worst, there are some frustrated fans who have talked about translating it themselves, but that could take years.

Also, the games are being ported to the iphone apparently so that could be a possibility
  • uiruki 27 Jan 2012 11:26:52 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The problem with the iOS ports is the publisher they've agreed to do it with - Aeria games. This is a company which got a bunch of people on their forums to complete their translation of the SMT MMO for free. I can easily see it being a really, really bad translation.
  • ghostlight_ross 27 Jan 2012 12:16:12 138 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    We need Ghostlight Ross here to let us know when the next one's coming!
    I wish I knew. I'm pretty sure the second game will be coming at some point but when and in what fromat is a bit up in the air at the moment. I'm a big fan of the game so I'll be pushing for it if it's in a format where we can get involved.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2012 12:23:51
    uiruki wrote:
    The problem with the iOS ports is the publisher they've agreed to do it with - Aeria games. This is a company which got a bunch of people on their forums to complete their translation of the SMT MMO for free. I can easily see it being a really, really bad translation.
    This is true, however, XSEED do not own their translations, Falcom do. XSEED said that Falcom can do whatever they like with their translations.
    Therefore, in theory, XSEED's translations could be used for the ios ports.
  • uiruki 27 Jan 2012 12:36:44 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For the first one, sure. Then what happens with the second and third ones? Do they employ Xseed to do it? After all, they're dithering on the PSP version. It's a ridiculous amount of text - you can't ask a bunch of people on a forum to do it piecemeal for some virtual objects this time.

I'm not even the one which should be worried - I can play it in its original language. I'm just concerned that a bunch of people are going to play yet another substandard port of a Falcom game. Hopefully Falcom understands that this is the kind of thing they were trying to avoid when they brought their ports inhouse.
  • JinTypeNoir 30 Jan 2012 21:56:25 4,365 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @uiruki

Really? If Aeria Games try to do the same thing with Falcom games, then the solution is easy!

Point me to that forum, uiruki! I've got some translatin' to do!

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 21:56:58 30-01-2012
  • Oceanstar 10 Feb 2012 07:00:42 94 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    With the fifth released in Japan and second yet to be translated here, Kodakawa Games has announced that they will release a remake of the first in the series for Vita.

The game will have HD graphics (VIta standards), full voice work for over 150 characters and remade openning and ending animations.

As for new stuff the game will have new side quests and gyro/touch controls thrown in.

NNID: Oceanstar

• uiruki 10 Feb 2012 07:13:44 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's the fourth they're remaking, Zero no Kiseki.

Can't believe they're going for fully voiced events, though. How much will that cost?!

Edited by uiruki at 07:14:40 10-02-2012
  • Flying_Pig 10 Feb 2012 16:49:50 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hold the 'phone! They're remaking what!?

Trails in the Sky? Trails in the Zero (?). Can't we just have second and third chapters of TitS?

Either way - colour me excited, although there's no indication of a Western Release, I take it?
  • Deleted user 10 February 2012 18:35:37
    I wouldn't get excited. They are remaking Trails in Zero, the fourth game.

We still need to see the second and third games in the west.

Just cross your fingers that the second and third get ported to the Vita. You never know, Falcom are milking this series good and proper. And they are going to support the Vita heavily.

Tis looking nice though:

And voicing for 150 characters? That has to be a record?? Unbelievable.

Edited by Porco at 18:38:49 10-02-2012
  • uiruki 14 Aug 2012 09:22:22 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally finished First Chapter. After a slow start it really pulls you in, though the final dungeon was quite annoying. I'd be really unhappy if I couldn't read Japanese after the way the ending went, though. I'd told myself I would give the game a rest before going into Second Chapter, but I ended up diving right in - unfortunately, on PSP this time around.

I have to say, I'm a bit annoyed at how little stuff transferred across, though I can see how having six figure sums of Mira and thousands of Sepith could have broken the early game a bit, given the rebalanced Arts.
  • uiruki 4 Sep 2012 10:25:20 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Falcom have confirmed a Japanese PSN release for Sora no Kiseki SC. That should increase the chances of an English release.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Sep 2012 11:58:17 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @uiruki - please excuse my ignorance, but is that Chapter 2?
  • uiruki 4 Sep 2012 12:08:06 3,530 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it stands for Second Chapter, where the first is called FC and the 3rd is "the 3rd".
  • Flying_Pig 4 Sep 2012 12:25:45 10,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool - An English release would be amazing!!

But then I'd probably just want the 3rd :)
  • santashi 4 Sep 2012 12:47:57 4,928 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig The others have already been released digitally though, so if we do get the second there shouldn't be any technical problems with the rest. Fingers crossed!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Page

of 7 First / Last