Evil Dead 4 Page 4

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• bad09 5 Jan 2013 20:38:11 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella

Well have faith I say, it at least brings the series back to horror and out of slapstick it's become known for and apart from the eyes it looks like it'll be a good horror true to it's roots for the most part.

I said it before in here of all these remakes in recent years The Evil Dead is one that may warrant it. Remakes aren't always bad The Thing (80's) was a remake...
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 20:58:11 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair the 80's thing is more like the book anyway apparently. Funny to watch now though :)

See that's what I mean TED is very old now (as are we :( ), it was low budget and the remake treatment now could be something good. I to wonder how a new audience will take it we was talking about this with the first teaser the original had a real cultural impact that shocked the world. Nowadays gore flicks are a nothing special.

It does look like they are trying to push limits of gore from the red band trailer but it may not shock an audience now used to such sights on the screen.

Edited by bad09 at 21:05:57 05-01-2013
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 21:40:29 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah back then horror was so different and gore levels like that was pretty new. Banned videos, people fainting in cinemas that sort of thing. Funnily enough mentioning The 80's Thing that one made my mum literally cry in shock when she watched it :)

The trailer for this one turned Mrs bad09 stomach with it's obscene levels of gore so it must be doing something right in that department at least :)
  • beastmaster 5 Jan 2013 23:40:46 12,017 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks incredible.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 6 January 2013 00:15:51
    Looks awful, no humour, shlock or silliness. Why use the name at all?
  • beastmaster 6 Jan 2013 01:27:41 12,017 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The original had no humour, schlock or silliness. It only came in the second one, which was superb. AoD makes Spider-Man 3 look like Spider-Man 2.

As for using the name, both Sam Rami and Bruce Cambell were very heavily involved. It's their remake of their film. It has a lot of the same ideas from the original film, scenes and dialogue. Why call it anything different?

When you watch the trailer on the official website, there's the option to record your reaction to it. They've released a compilation video of some of the reactions. Can't be arsed to link to it at the moment. Needles to say, It's pretty damn funny.

Yep, I think this film could live up to the hype.

• Deleted user 6 January 2013 01:34:00
    The original had lots of schlock, of course I'm referencing the series. Doesn't stop it from looking like a glossy set piece - I'd be happy as a pig in shit to be proven wrong but the trailer told me otherwise.
  • disusedgenius 6 Jan 2013 01:43:49 5,625 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The original was pretty straight horror, just cheaply made with a fancy camera trick. Your memory of it is probably just being warped by the sequels.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 01:55:25
    Oh no, I no exactly what the original was like, the original croud funder for $7,000

Not sure why that makes it worse, the charm of evil dead is it's low budget, crudeness and it's lead. No need to explain the sequels. Seen them all many a time, probably own far to many version of vhs and dvd too :D
  • bad09 6 Jan 2013 11:39:51 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CrispyXUK

Just because the original was made on Raimi's pocket money doesn't mean the new one will be rubbish. Looking back at it yes part of the charm is it's low budget but when released no one was thinking that when they watched it, it was just a classic horror most of us didn't know it was made so cheaply. Anyway seriously you really don't want them to say "right lets remake one of the greatest horror movies of all time...but let's do it as cheaply as we possibly can in tribute!" :)

Also Problem with referencing "the series" as you are is you are looking at the original movie as part of "the series" in the first place, it's not. 2 was a remake/reboot of the original movie. TED has been remade twice now.

Now you could argue you personally prefer the comedy Evil Dead movies and would like to see humour in this remake but that's not what has been remade (thankfully IMO).
  • bad09 6 Jan 2013 12:07:40 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CrispyXUK

Also thinking about it you say Evil Dead is also about it's lead but in the original Ash wasn't really a "lead" character he was just the last one standing who managed to chuck the book on the fire to stop the possessions, even then the beast came for him in the end. The demon slayer with a chainsaw for a hand and a shotgun on his back we all look back on was really created in 2.

Edited by bad09 at 12:08:46 06-01-2013
  • beastmaster 7 Jan 2013 08:06:58 12,017 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just read an interview with the director. Another bonus is that there is no CGI whatsoever. All practice effects.

That already makes it better than most modern horror films for me.

• bad09 7 Jan 2013 09:46:53 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh come on there has to some really really bad looking special FX in there somewhere just for nostalgia!

Remember the demons leaving the bodies and the face on the book at the end? Even at the time it looked awful :)
  • beastmaster 7 Jan 2013 19:21:18 12,017 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They are not fucking around with this.

First set report from Bloody Disgusting

• bad09 7 Jan 2013 20:33:39 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice read, I'm actually getting really pumped for this.

Good to hear the Studio has pretty let them get on with it but if Sam Raimi says "I want to remake The Evil Dead" you would just say "take my money and do it" :)
  • spindle9988 11 Jan 2013 11:11:34 3,676 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bit late on this but I just watched the trailer yesterday. Im a big fan of the ED films and I have to say: this one looks pretty damn good from the trailer. Over gory, missing limbs and the chainsaw. This is the first film I have been hyped up for in a long while. We should just sit and cross our fingers until it comes out
  • ronuds 29 Jan 2013 19:02:10 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, a NC-17 rating in the US is basically the kiss of death. I would like to see it, though! :D
  • beastmaster 29 Jan 2013 19:08:42 12,017 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At least that's what they went for on the off. None of this PG-13 or R rated trash :-)

It's going to be a pretty hardcore 18 methinks over here.

• ronuds 29 Jan 2013 19:11:14 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella - An R rating in the US means 17 and over, but kids allowed with an adult.

NC-17 is nobody under 17 with or w/o an adult.

Edit: So, yeah, kids could go.

Edited by ronuds at 19:12:21 29-01-2013
  • bad09 29 Jan 2013 21:08:23 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I don't understand the ratings though.

We have 18 ratings which are not uncommon. An R means pretty much anyone can go as long as they are accompanied by an adult, that's ridiculous with a film like The Evil Dead, you could have kids going along?!
    American ratings are strange but I suppose no different from a parent letting someone underage watch at home, beats lying about age at cinemas I guess (I remember once going to see Beverly Hills Cop 2 with my mum I was too young and she blagged it for me :) ).

Sad they would edit it for the lower rating but Hollywood cares about bums on seats more than anything (and their cinemas dicate to them it seems with not many screening adult rated film) so no surprise, they'd lose all the younger teens with an adult rating. No bother for me, even in the UK I'll still be waiting for the normal Extreme "OMG LOOK AT THAT 2 MINUTES OF GROSS FOOTAGE NEVER SEEN IN THE CINEMA!" edition blu release anyway as my mrs isn't keen to see it sadly. :)

Edited by bad09 at 21:27:29 29-01-2013
  • bad09 29 Jan 2013 21:21:44 6,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Reading a few sites reporting has made me laugh. So many people wanting a Bruce Campbell cameo or a "Ash" character. I think a lot of people are seriously expecting a remake of Evil Dead 2, they'll be mighty shocked when they see the remake :)
  • Page

of 8 First / Last