Evil Dead 4 Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• bad09 17 Oct 2012 10:40:07 6,005 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella

LOL you know as I typed that I thought about that line and the damage done with the eyes :)

Edited by bad09 at 10:41:32 17-10-2012
  • evild_edd 4 Jan 2013 15:15:28 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We should probably rename this thread to Evil Dead Remake...

Anyway. New trailer up and, despite my prejudices, it really does look rather good. Not sure I actually need to see the film now, mind.

NSFW. Obviously.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• evild_edd 4 Jan 2013 15:38:20 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella: those were my obvious prejudices (no Campbell) and concerns (changes to the Deadites). Still, I'm willing to overlook those if the film reviews well on its own merits. I'm trying to separate the "do we need this film?" arguments from the "is it any good?" ones we'll get on release.

Why look, it's a blog:

• Tomo 4 Jan 2013 16:47:10 13,945 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Christ, that looks disgusting! :x
  • pistol 4 Jan 2013 21:34:35 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Way to miss the point like all these remakes.

Great in their time and best left where they are.

Just come up with some original ideas for a fuckin change .....
  • ronuds 4 Jan 2013 21:36:22 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, they should just drop the ED name and call it something else. I'd go see it still, because it looks pretty gross, which I like.

Calling it Evil Dead is probably more of a turnoff than anything and makes me want to see it less, tbh.
  • b0rk 4 Jan 2013 21:37:52 2,881 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That face is creeping me out.
  • pistol 4 Jan 2013 22:10:33 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Said it many times over the last few Yeats.

Movie industry has run out of ideas, or at least the studios haven't got the money to take risks on new ideas with no guarantees of return from the box office.

I.e. Spider-Man 54 etc etc
  • ronuds 4 Jan 2013 22:43:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella - What I'm saying is: they shouldn't have tried making another ED in the first place. :p

I agree with all of your points, but that's Hollywood. I'm guessing they will have missed the point of what made the original a classic beyond just the eyes and Bruce Campbell.
  • Kid_Icarus 5 Jan 2013 00:52:37 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still holding out hope for an actual Evil Dead 4. An old Bruce Campbell still trying to get back home after fucking up the potion, like a continuation of the comics. That's what I want, I'm just not interested in the same story with less Bruce.
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Jan 2013 09:10:06 5,280 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why do these films need that extra step in the gore department...?

I bet this film won't be scary at all. It'll have one of those 'it is quiet' moments for five minutes then something loud with happen like a sellotape randomly falling onto the floor.

Just don't get the reasoning(s) for excessive gore, especially the 'lick-the-knife' scene at the very end of the trailer.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Jan 2013 09:47:49 6,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Why do these films need that extra step in the gore department...?

I bet this film won't be scary at all. It'll have one of those 'it is quiet' moments for five minutes then something loud with happen like a sellotape randomly falling onto the floor.

Just don't get the reasoning(s) for excessive gore, especially the 'lick-the-knife' scene at the very end of the trailer.
    Yeah, because the original Evil Dead films didn't have eyes popping out, heads chopped off, and a guy cutting his own hand off.

Get bent.

• sport 5 Jan 2013 10:02:40 12,775 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I liked the part where the girls kissed.
  • Megapocalypse 5 Jan 2013 10:20:04 5,468 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GameOverYeah wrote:
    The thing I have such a big problem with is that they seem to have taken it down the completely 'serious' trying to be scary horror. Rather than having alot of dark humour in there which is what the series is about.
    Trailer makes it look like there's still a fair amount of humour in there. Whether it will work or not is a different matter. Also worth remembering that the first Evil Dead was a lot more serious that its sequels.

Anyway it looks ok. Trailer seems to show an awful lot though.

Edited by Megapocalypse at 10:22:04 05-01-2013
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 19:41:04 6,005 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GameOverYeah wrote:
    The thing I have such a big problem with is that they seem to have taken it down the completely 'serious' trying to be scary horror. Rather than having alot of dark humour in there which is what the series is about.

Actually the first one is not about humour in any way. The reboot with 2 turned it into humour true but The original Evil Dead was an opressive, dark horror all the way.

Quite liked that trailer myself, they are going over board with gore it seems but then for the time so did the original. Still not sold on the possessed though, those eyes just don't really work can't really undewrstand why they dropped the evil dead white eyes as it takes so much away from the character of the film but I'm happy to ignore that concern....for now.
  • evild_edd 5 Jan 2013 19:54:47 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella

"where has all the fun gone from films?!"

Did you see Avengers? It's glorious tongue-in-cheek and witty banter made it my favourite blockbuster of 2012. It ragdolled the over-long, over-serious, over-done TDKR in its place (IMO, of course).

Having said that, whilst I agree that more films would benefit from just having more fun, some of the above post have rightly point out that the original Evil Dead was serious, gory, and straighter than the sequels. I suppose that the lighter tone of 2 & 3, and the fact that we've all (likely) seen the original many times means it's easier to forget it was striving to be a serious film on a tight budget. The humour has been retrospectively added, almost.

Why look, it's a blog:

• bad09 5 Jan 2013 20:07:02 6,005 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella

Don't think it's that in an age of CGI (if they could scrub out a bald patch for Bruce Willis twenty odd years ago they could white out eyes fairly easily).

Whatever the reason behind it a bad idea though, it looks like a remake of Demons not the Evil Dead :)

Edited by bad09 at 20:13:47 05-01-2013
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 20:09:25 6,005 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella

As to why Raimi butchered his classic horror, I read up on that last time I was in this thread actually and apparently he always wanted 3 as a sequel and obviously it would not work with the original serious horror film so he went back and remade it as a lighter comedic film to fit better with time travelling Ash.

Edited by bad09 at 20:10:56 05-01-2013
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 20:24:58 6,005 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep Pretty much, he went back to make a shitter Evil Dead to fit his vision for the sequel :)
  • evild_edd 5 Jan 2013 20:36:14 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love all three. I don't really view any of them as continuations though (even 2-3), and can happily watch any of them in isolation. Whilst I appreciate 1 is a much 'better' film than 3, there are so many classic lines in 3 that I find it a more re-watchable film.

I'm also firmly in the ED2 > ED1 camp. I could quite happily argue that ED2 is not only my favourite film of all time, but the single greatest film ever made. Of any genre.

Why look, it's a blog:

• Page

of 8 First / Last