Dishonored Page 31

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• FanBoysSuck 29 Oct 2012 18:18:32 1,482 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    revan8 wrote:

Anyone playing Dishonored all the way through with out the joys of three floor drop assassinations, blink killing tall boys and decapitating men whilst they pee don't deserve achievement points Hell just the toilet move is worth more points then not killing anyone.
    ha I actually did go on some murder sprees but always reloaded afterwards. Blink stabbing tallboys really helped to get some of the rage out during the tougher sections :D />

Edited by FanBoysSuck at 18:21:04 29-10-2012

For the emperor!

• gammonbanter 29 Oct 2012 18:20:48 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck how do you know it was the 25 hour mark, from what I've seen there is no gameplay time index thingy!?
    I thought this was a 10 hour jobby too.

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Vortex808 29 Oct 2012 18:33:23 7,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have spent about 3 hours per level on first playthrough. Easily. Some of that has been reloads as I try to ghost it mind. Or after killing folk for some achievements. I will soon start kling some more as I have already lost the clean hands achievement with one or two early kills.

I killed the first target, but then enjoyed scouring for non-lethal options. I felt the first sneaky assassin lurking totally deserved an assasination of their own too. :)
  • FanBoysSuck 29 Oct 2012 19:22:06 1,482 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    gammonbanter wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck how do you know it was the 25 hour mark, from what I've seen there is no gameplay time index thingy!?
    I thought this was a 10 hour jobby too.
    Steam keeps a record on how long you've played a game. Mine's at 25 hours. I've been playing it really slowly though, trying to find all the secrets, without being detected or killing anyone. I probably could have got another few hours if I'd explored the last few levels properly but at that point I couldn't really be arsed outside of collecting the runes and bone charms. Constantly reloading gets to you after a while and it felt a bit like padding. I also realised that non of the bigger plot points were going to get resolved which kinda killed it a bit for me. Still well worth £24 though ;)

For the emperor!

• Deleted user 29 October 2012 20:23:45
    Vortex808 wrote:

I killed the first target, but then enjoyed scouring for non-lethal options. I felt the first sneaky assassin lurking totally deserved an assasination of their own too. :)
    You didn't fancy getting all the options first rather than after? ;)
  • Vortex808 29 Oct 2012 20:37:58 7,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Poor wording on my behalf. I killed the first target, but for subsequent targets I searched out all options and went non-lethal.

To be honest, I would've done it for the first target too as i had the brand etc, but couldn't get in to save curnow without alarming him and making them attack. I had spilled the drinks, but didn't know how to go beyond that. I should have followed them elsewhere apparently.

Anyhoo, i got bored trying to work it out so just swapped them round instead. Job done.

Edit:I feel that first one was a bit more obtuse than it might've been. Especially when you're still learning the mechanics of how it all works. Subsequent non-lethals were all well explained on what needed to be done imo.

Edited by Vortex808 at 20:40:57 29-10-2012
  • andywilkie35 29 Oct 2012 22:10:53 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did someone here have a problem with mission 6 and not being able to complete it without killing someone?

Just got to the end - huge mission and got to the end after meticulously making sure no one died...and the review of the mission said I killed someone. Meh.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 1 November 2012 22:09:24
    Quite like how if you spare the head of the inquisition at the start that when you go to retrieve Corvo's weapons in the flooded district you see him as a weeper.

Managed to ghost a few of the missions so far but I do you have to do them all in one play through.
  • Vortex808 2 Nov 2012 09:43:20 7,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Did someone here have a problem with mission 6 and not being able to complete it without killing someone?

Just got to the end - huge mission and got to the end after meticulously making sure no one died...and the review of the mission said I killed someone. Meh.
    I think there has been a lot of probelms with that one if you have done quests for certain npcs in there.

I did that one last night, but I had already assassinated one target at the start, so didn't really care about having to make a kill.

I hope I have ghosted it though. I am virtually at the level's end, but had to quit for the night before finishing it to find out. All those pesky teleporting assasins definitely made life a bit more problematic in some areas!
  • Murbal 2 Nov 2012 10:29:42 22,222 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loving this. Despite having had the game since the Tuesday before release, I only got around to finishing the third mission last night.

So, mission 1:
    Assassinated by placing a razor mine outside the door just before he walked out. Took down the High Overseer alone. Got out, then had to get back in as I'd forgotten to check his body for something...

mission 2:
    very little killing involved; was able to take out the Pendletons the non-lethal way. Interesting wandering about the brewery district freely after the little mess I made in there in mission 1...

mission 3:
    Upgraded to shadow kill, so I've advanced from leaving unconscious bodies in wheelie bins or on rooftops to sticking knives in throats after blinking behind and picking their pockets. Body count 20. Had fun with some hacked walls of light and arc pylons too.

Edited by Murbal at 10:30:02 02-11-2012
  • Errol 3 Nov 2012 10:15:24 12,483 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @gammonbanter Taken me 21hrs so far. No way to finish this in 10hrs unless you literally run through each level ignoring everything.
  • poolieboydave 4 Nov 2012 13:02:48 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    sid92 wrote:
    If anyone is playing PC version I would recommend not doing the side quest that has you go into Galvanis office but only if you are in chapter 2 The Golden Cat it is a bugged mission you can get stuck with the game crashing everytime you try to exit the building it happened to me yesterday and i have checked internet forums and lots of people are having the same problem on all different specs, so its best avoiding that side quest. Just a word of warning as you will probably have to start the whole game again like i did. But i still adore this game.
    On ps3 here. After setting slackjaw in chapter two my ps3 freezes every time. Well done Bethesda. Not just open world games you make into bug riddled fiascos
    same problem with me on Xbox, tried reloading several earlier saves but no joy. Going to have to just skip this side quest I think.
  • monkman76 7 Nov 2012 17:06:36 4,266 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Making slow, steady, sneaky progress through this, and loving it. Halfway through the 2nd main mission (Golden Cat). I keep thinking this is what the Assassin's Creed games should have been like.

Edited by monkman76 at 17:06:56 07-11-2012
  • BravoGolf Moderator 7 Nov 2012 22:02:30 12,745 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished it this evening. At times I felt slightly bored but I think that's more my general apathy towards games and not necessarily the game itself (which is beautiful at times).
  • Murbal 8 Nov 2012 07:07:11 22,222 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished (low chaos). Awesome. GOTY for me so far.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2012 18:37:52
    Just finished it there.
    Great stuff, managed a no kills play through which was something I've never done in a game before. Thought it ended a little abruptly but really liked it overall. Looking forward to the DLC for it with the head of the gas masked assassins.

I'll probably do a violent play through soon enough to see how different things can be and too explore most of the environment. Only have to ghost another few missions as well.

Definite 9/10 experience for me.
  • gammonbanter 11 Nov 2012 18:53:23 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm having high chaos fun (first play through) murderin' everything in sight. Blink, slash. Block, slash. Rooftop, arrow.

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• gammonbanter 13 Nov 2012 18:45:08 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh man, just made a pigs ear of killing lady Boyle. Carnage!!!

• stryker1121 13 Nov 2012 19:16:32 692 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm finding myself reloading when I make a hash out of ghosting, which is quite often. I need to stop doing that b/c it's make the game not as fun.

Question for you folks: Do you ever have to return to zones for future missions, or do you get sent to a separate zone for each mission? I ask b/c I went thru Mission 1 without entering the kennel, but want to go in there for runes and such.
  • jellyhead 13 Nov 2012 19:34:07 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @stryker1121 Most locations are one time only but the pub and Clavering Blvd you return to at least twice. There are new items most times but i don't know if old ones stay as i always clear places out :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• gammonbanter 13 Nov 2012 20:08:29 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @stryker1121

If I make a mess I just go with it, only way to go about things your right.

• gammonbanter 14 Nov 2012 18:56:22 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished!!! High Chaos. I guessed nearly straight away that they were all corrupt with the idea of power

Also Samual's loss of faith in me on the last boat ride, cut deep "get of my boat" =(

Did anyone read the mountains of shit they give you over the course of the game - I refused, maybe I missed something a result.

• ComradePete 17 Nov 2012 17:45:08 487 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished this as well, high chaos....

Will try another playthrough when I've got more time - a beautiful game though & a perfectly realised game world.

Best single player game I've played in a long time.
  • Pinky_Floyd 20 Nov 2012 13:02:22 7,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sooooo chaps. Those of you who ran a high chaos game, what were your favourite and most used powers/runes?

I'm just starting the 3rd mission proper and have level 2 blink, level 2 turn to ash, level 1 agility and level 1 possession (haven't even tried this yet).

Interested as to what your favourite powers were and what you thought worked best on a high chaos playthrough?
  • askew 20 Nov 2012 13:11:06 12,272 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bend Time (2) and Possession (2) will make it possible to do all kinds of shenanigans.
  • ComradePete 20 Nov 2012 13:27:41 487 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, def go for bend time. Then you can have fun attaching springrazors to people, rewiring wall of lights just as they're about to walk in to them never gets old either.

The rat swarm can help our too.

Not sure if I have the willpower to go for a low kill run through, there's too much fun to be had...

/psychopath
  • psychokitten Moderator 20 Nov 2012 13:30:58 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bend Time is at the root of all the best shenanigans :)
  • askew 20 Nov 2012 13:31:52 12,272 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yer, I've been having to hold back - I've been trying to do it stealthily, but every so often I just want to go stabby-stabby bang-bang.
  • Pinky_Floyd 21 Nov 2012 00:18:49 7,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just unlocked bend time 2 :)

Took out Lady Boyle and escaped with nary a scratch. Enjoyed possessing a rat to help get me out of the basement where the rune was.

For someone who hates stealth games, I'm loving this :D
  • ComradePete 21 Nov 2012 10:35:08 487 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That costume party level was brilliant - first one I tried to do 'properly', without being seen.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last