Dishonored Page 28

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 October 2012 21:10:49
    Just completed. 9.5 out of 10, loses .5 for a god awful end game track!

Now straight in for seconds, won't trade this yet what with so many ways to play it. Last level I prob saw only 40% of the map.

Goty easy and top 5 this generation.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2012 21:47:15 14,393 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    9.5/10 from me. Didn't care for lvl 8 that much, otherwise stunning game. I didn't whore for points like you lot ;) so completed with only 390gp. Will defo playthrogh one more time.

Excellent game and the closest game to Thief I have played on the 360, would have dearly oved NG+

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 18 October 2012 22:00:13
    why did it loss .5 for you?

I got 470 points, only whore one was after completing and actually checking, did a quick "kill 4 people with cross bow in 1 second"

i liked level 8, only one i didnt like was 7 (flood)
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 22:34:18
    Haven't had a chance to play this yet as X-Com is really eating into my time but how did people do their first play through? I'm trying to do a ghost/no-kills first play through. Killed a rat though...

But anyways I didn't think much up until I started on level one and yeah so far so good. Really like the art design and slowly getting around the fact that I can teleport onto roof-tops. I think I was playing it wrong by sticking close to the ground for the first few segments but I'm looking forward to getting that heretics brand in the first mission!

But anyways, has anyone any tips for me?
  • monkehhh 18 Oct 2012 22:43:11 3,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Play it how you like - but anyway you do play it, explore the areas. Some say objectives off (so you check out things in a more natural way), some say on (so you can avoid accidentally completing things before you're ready). You're on the right course with thinking vertically - pipes, ledges, roofs, etc - there's *a lot* to see.
  • spamdangled 18 Oct 2012 23:04:26 27,269 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @WeakOrbit

Rats don't count.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Daeltaja 19 Oct 2012 09:32:19 1,035 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Onto the last mission now and I just hope its better than the last as it was a load of gash. It just messed with the formula a bit too much imo and easily stands out as the weakest.

Good game otherwise, but yeah, it is actually pretty short, on 10 hours playtime (and I've combed every nook and cranny)
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 10:59:15
    How the hell you combed it and played ten hours??? I missed about a quarter I think and took me 22 hours. Guess u just went round shooting everyone.
    Last level was great, loads of options.
  • Daeltaja 19 Oct 2012 11:22:06 1,035 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    How the hell you combed it and played ten hours??? I missed about a quarter I think and took me 22 hours. Guess u just went round shooting everyone.
    Last level was great, loads of options.
    Nope, I very much tried to stealth it all, but in some cases had to resort to violence due to sloppyness on my part. I dunno man, honestly, when I found my target at the end of each level, I always backtracked and went through every other available path just to make sure I wasn't missing anything interesting. Pretty much found every charm, rune and painting in every level too and still, 10 hours playtime.. *shrug*
  • FanBoysSuck 19 Oct 2012 11:25:50 1,448 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flipping heck, I'm on 11 hours and I'm only on the third mission. I am doing no kills though and I've got every rune/charm so far. It scares me to think how long it would take me to ghost it :s

For the emperor!

• Derblington 19 Oct 2012 12:06:05 21,270 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I cannot fathom why everyone is so caught-up on the playtime? It's not a long game but you can play it really slowly if you choose. Taking 20 hours over 4 levels doesn't make it a better experience/you a better player, and if you don't like that it can be done in 6 hours comfortably then play it twelve times.

I've never seen such a big deal over the length of a game.
  • HarryPalmer 19 Oct 2012 12:07:06 3,107 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oh.
  • Zizoo 19 Oct 2012 12:17:22 8,112 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    k
  • 1Dgaf 19 Oct 2012 13:46:27 3,788 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a way to check time played? I can't see anything on the missions screen.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• itinkuravinalaff 19 Oct 2012 14:09:06 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    One playthrough was enough for me as the omission of ng+ killed it imo
  • Guv 19 Oct 2012 14:22:27 142 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    only eight hours in but so far this game is everything I wanted it to be, blody awesome!
  • 1Dgaf 19 Oct 2012 14:32:02 3,788 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I tried to play stealthily and also had objective and heart markers turned off. I think it took about 25-30 hours for me, since I had to explore a lot to find out where I had to go. The only help I had was the heart, moving it around to see where it pulsated and trying to head to that point.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• StarchildHypocrethes 19 Oct 2012 14:38:10 25,412 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I cannot fathom why everyone is so caught-up on the playtime? It's not a long game but you can play it really slowly if you choose. Taking 20 hours over 4 levels doesn't make it a better experience/you a better player, and if you don't like that it can be done in 6 hours comfortably then play it twelve times.

I've never seen such a big deal over the length of a game.
    This game appeared to develop its own defence force fairly early on, which latched onto the fact some reviewers mentioned its length as a potential negative. They now appear to be crawling through the game as slowly as possible to ensure it lasts beyond any quoted play lengths and then damn well letting everyone know about it. Repeatedly.
  • HarryPalmer 19 Oct 2012 15:17:12 3,107 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it just highlights how the experience varies, you can rush through it, or you can take it slower, you can't do that with all games. Fair enough if it annoys you though.
  • the_dudefather 19 Oct 2012 16:02:03 9,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished the second mission

Went for the non-lethal option, which sounds really really terrible for the Pentleton bros, but was a bit anticlimatic inpractice compared to the first mission, which felt more involved

Hope there is bit more of a payoff, because all I really got was a gang boss telling he he would do that at some point in the future, you don't even need to go anywhere near them in the golden cat during the mission :/

Then again, I just finished the mission, I'm sure there'll be messages to find or dialogue that will reference it at some point

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 19 October 2012 16:21:32
    Yeah it is referenced several times after and a couple of rewards etc.
    Speak to slackjaw to find out their fate.
  • Derblington 19 Oct 2012 16:49:40 21,270 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Well, it just highlights how the experience varies, you can rush through it, or you can take it slower, you can't do that with all games. Fair enough if it annoys you though.
    Actually, you can do that very thing with every game: I can sit and watch the ai routines in pretty much any game I choose.

What people are talking about in playtime isn't an indication on the styles of the game differing, it's purely about how long they are spending wandering around every level to pad out the experience.

My stealth/no kills playthrough was faster than my vengeance run, yet, on paper, that's the one that should take the longest. 10 hours to get through 3 levels isn't the game allowing you a markedly different experience, it's you playing slowly. Big difference.

It takes as long as it takes, I don't understand why people feel short changed or the need to justify/defend a 6 hour game. As long as you enjoy the experience why does it matter?

Edited by Derblington at 16:50:15 19-10-2012
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 20:27:12
    Admitted I've only done first two missions but with my knowledge gained from my stealth first game it is really easy playing it violent. I've almost walked through both levels stabbing people in the back and occasionally had to fight them but still. I think both levels taken one hour, first time it took 7. :) a lot of fun still, just different experience all together.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 21:35:14
    So far managed to avoid all violence. Mainly doing the sleeper hold thing.

Man the non violent out comes so far have being kinda worse than than being stabbed.

Haven't managed to ghost it yet but I'll save that for my murderous second playthrough.
  • famous_roy 20 Oct 2012 22:24:30 4,098 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:I've never seen such a big deal over the length of a game.
    This, a thousand times this.

Judging a game's merit purely on length is folly. It's about having an experience and Dishonoured immersed me in it's world and character more than any recent game I can remember. You could argue that value could be linked to game length vs cost, but even then - what each individual player takes away from a game varies to the point that value becomes completely subjective.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Julpero 21 Oct 2012 11:17:29 38 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm 23 hours in and I've just started the Lady Boyle mission.

I've managed to ghost everything else except the prison level and that failed just because I thought you can't even leave unconscious bodies in the level to get a ghost rating.

It's easily the best game I've played this gen.
    The polish on everything is just amazing.

The visuals are brilliant and though
    I've heard some complaints about the textures being simple to me it doesn't matter because it just enhances the painterly art style the game has.

It's like Skyward sword mixed with HL2 and the scenery is crafted with so much care it's just amazing.

The stealth is great and so is almost every other mechanic. Climbing, free running, combat it's all so well tuned.

The AI is decent and the patterns the guard move in certainly gives more challenge than the enemies in DX:HR. There have been odd moments like a street thug going berserk after I tranquilized two of his mates. He just killed everyone he met. He attacked two pedestrians and even a member of the city watch before I quick loaded and tried again.

I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since I played Okami the last time.
  • Syrette 21 Oct 2012 12:03:34 43,063 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I loved it but I couldn't say it's the best game of this gen. In terms of FPSs, I fully expect Bioshock Infinite to better it.

It (Dishonored) couldn't hold my interest for a second run, so it's been sent back. Think I ended up with about 80% of the achievements, not sure how to check how long it took me.

I went back after finishing it and played for a while (ended up Clean Hands-ing it to completion) and after the satisfying stealth of my main playthrough I was actually a little disappointed by the combat. It was just a bit - and I hate to use this term - 'meh'. Felt like I'd seen all it had to offer after a couple of missions.

• monkehhh 21 Oct 2012 12:14:39 3,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Accidentally ghosted a mission (Return to the Tower) :)
  • HarryPalmer 21 Oct 2012 13:43:38 3,107 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Actually, you can do that very thing with every game: I can sit and watch the ai routines in pretty much any game I choose.

What people are talking about in playtime isn't an indication on the styles of the game differing, it's purely about how long they are spending wandering around every level to pad out the experience.

10 hours to get through 3 levels isn't the game allowing you a markedly different experience, it's you playing slowly. Big difference.

It takes as long as it takes, I don't understand why people feel short changed or the need to justify/defend a 6 hour game. As long as you enjoy the experience why does it matter?
    Ok, well if that's how you see it, but I wouldn't say I'm padding out the game just because I'm taking time to explore, some games reward exploration, this is one of them. I'm not consciously trying to extend the length of the game. as you say a good 6 hr game is still a good game, game time is fairly unimportant. Everyone is different.
  • Errol 21 Oct 2012 15:12:40 12,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Definitely my GOTY. Such a stunningly crafted world.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last