Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "Do you think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?"
    "Indeed, I believe so."
    "Indeed, I believe so."
    "Indeed, I believe so."

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Derblington 17 Oct 2012 17:16:33 22,110 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What were they all doing last night, that's the question.
  • Dr.Haggard 17 Oct 2012 17:19:56 4,245 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "Chances are good"

There's obviously a neat little system at work that triggers certain classes of speech fragment based on the proximity of other NPCs, and positive/negative responses by the nearest NPC based on the comment, since the answers to questions vary, which is nice. It would've been far better if there was a bit more variety though.

The idle ones that solitary guards mutter can grate after a while too since there just aren't enough of them. It can break the immersion a bit when you creep past two separate guards both muttering exactly the same thing to themselves.

I love that this is even worth mentioning though.
  • BinaryBob101 17 Oct 2012 17:28:38 24,065 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, what's the general consensus on this? I need a new game at the end of the month.

Worthwhile?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• MetalDog 17 Oct 2012 17:36:10 23,871 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's extremely worthwhile. Between this an XCOM I'm in gaming heaven.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• monkehhh 17 Oct 2012 17:36:40 3,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @BinaryBob101 If there's ever been a consensus on something, it's that this is very good.
  • BinaryBob101 17 Oct 2012 17:38:07 24,065 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah, thanks very much guys. Dishonoured it is then!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Lotos8ter 17 Oct 2012 18:09:47 2,364 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a real :-P:evil: moment on this, during Mission 6.

Made my way up the Castle and eventually got to the Broadcast Station. Spoke to the chap there, and had the non-lethal solution explained to me. Went back and got the audio recording, played it and watch two guards go and arrest the Lord Regent - achievement pops.
    After a minute, I hear the unmistakable THRUM of a rewired Wall of Light killing his Lordship and the target assassinated achievement popped.

I'd forgotten about the Wall of Light but this game is awesome

Fiat Lux

• Derblington 17 Oct 2012 18:29:55 22,110 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    @BinaryBob101 If there's ever been a consensus on something, it's that this is very good.
    I'll be the one to break that then. It's good, nothing more.

Not saying it's not worth the time to play, it probably is, I'm just not seeing the masterpiece everyone else seems to be playing. I'm playing it now more for points and to kill time until the next game comes along.
  • Dr.Haggard 17 Oct 2012 19:03:02 4,245 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I'll be the one to break that then. It's good, nothing more.

Not saying it's not worth the time to play, it probably is, I'm just not seeing the masterpiece everyone else seems to be playing. I'm playing it now more for points and to kill time until the next game comes along.
    Wrong actually. Wrong and getting wronger all the time. Brimming over with wrongability.

/Rimmer
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 20:02:04
    @Lotos8ter lol brilliant.

Don't listen to derb, this game is as close to a ten I have played for a while.
  • spamdangled 17 Oct 2012 20:22:52 27,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Lotos8ter

:-) Excellent!

Just finished my third playthrough and just about to go back in for my fourth to polish off the last few bits and achievments I haven't done yet. I love how the final level is completely different depending on whether you played High or Low chaos.

Really hope we get some decent DLC (or that they release the dev tools for the PC version so we can get some good fanmissions).

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 17 Oct 2012 21:34:44 27,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heh yep.

First playthrough - ghost + mostly flesh and steel + clean hands (low chaos)

Second playthrough - ghost (low chaos)

Third - kill crazy (high chaos)

Going to spend my fourth playthrough being much more creative with my kills, experimenting a lot more with stop time and possession, and grabbing the last couple of achievments I haven't yet picked up. Then I'll be on moving on to XCom :-)

Second and third playthroughs were substantially quicker, mainly due to already knowing the level layout. I can do the last three missions in about 10-15 minutes each now :-)

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:35:26 17-10-2012

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 21:35:22
    Someone needs a job :)
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 22:23:19
    Not bad, even though it has been released at a terrible time (all my live friends are getting it in the new year because they are dicks and only buying the re run sequels ...halo 4, ac3, bo2....like I said, dicks) dishonored is the biggest selling new ip of 2012.

That is nice but there are prob only about 5 new ips all year, why is that? Because dicks only buy sequels.
  • spamdangled 17 Oct 2012 23:00:23 27,425 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @revan8

Publishers have this weird idea that we don't want new IP this late in a console cycle.

Very strange indeed, as I'd argue the opposite - so late into a generation, when people are getting bored with the familiar, it's the exact best time to develop new IP, particularly as a machine's strengths are normally known by that time and development costs are relatively low compared to the start of that gen.

• Derblington 17 Oct 2012 23:35:14 22,110 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wot u fink vs. the figures they have from sales of all previously released titles.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2012 06:37:43 15,222 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game must be doing something right, as I was playing it at 05:00 this morning (flood district) for an hour before work ;)...that is normally Gears time. Excellent game.

@Dale
    4 playthroughs man! you must have a lot of free time, fair play. I might manage a second run, but unlikely due game/free time and lots of games.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• neems 18 Oct 2012 10:26:35 1,393 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Woot, finished it in the early hours, God only knows how many hours I've put into it. Ghosted the final level; pretty much just waltzed through it.

Then I immediately started again on a psychopath run :-)
  • Derblington 18 Oct 2012 12:30:31 22,110 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have one achievement left, which I swear I've done twice now (with people watching to confirm) and it won't give it to me :(

This will be my evening.
  • HarryPalmer 18 Oct 2012 14:28:06 3,544 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really enjoying this. Turned off the objective markers and a few other things (as suggested by Mr Bramwell), really helps with the immersion. Exploring the levels feels great, reminds me a lot of Thief, Hitman and weirdly Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. A good feeling.
  • ronuds 18 Oct 2012 14:28:58 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @revan8

Publishers have this weird idea that we don't want new IP this late in a console cycle.
    I think it's more a case that it's easier, much cheaper and the returns far greater to just make sequels to established franchises. By "we don't want" they just mean "we don't buy enough," and "enough" can be any kind of arbitrary figure they deem necessary to make stock owners happy.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 18:06:20
    I keep markers on to avoid the Target. On one of the early levels I stumbled on the Target which made it sloppy. When you know roughly were they are you can make their demise beautiful.
    At end of mission 7, only one I haven't loved. Perhaps because it is by far the most linear level so far.

Edited by revan8 at 18:07:42 18-10-2012
  • Derblington 18 Oct 2012 19:32:06 22,110 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1k'd and sold.

It was decent but not quite as polished as it should have been. Some dumb ai (that I could repro 100%), some annoying collision, a complete imbalance of abilities, a really predictable story and in general it was too easy (especially to stealth), alongside some nice level design, good mechanics and wonderful atmosphere and art. I'm positive it'd play better (cleaner and more fluidly) on PC, as Mugwum mentions in one of the articles, as it feels like the movement (blink specifically) isn't properly engineered on the pad but a mouse would remove most of the frustration I encountered.

It's probably a 9/10 but I can't help feel it's closer to a 7. I can't put my finger on why exactly, just an overall impression.
  • monkehhh 18 Oct 2012 19:39:44 3,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Derblington I'm more of a PC gamer but I'll happily play many PC games on the 360 pad if it helps, but for this I'm definitely mouse and keyboard. 7/10 is still within the consensus of this being good ;)
  • itinkuravinalaff 18 Oct 2012 20:01:33 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    yeah it was good but its played and traded within 4 days!
  • monkehhh 18 Oct 2012 21:08:41 3,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last