Dishonored Page 24

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• monkehhh 14 Oct 2012 21:25:20 3,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette Least it keeps track I guess - not that I'm too bothered about stealthy playthroughs in this world. Lots of people are getting choked the fuck out in my game, a few have been stabbed where I couldn't avoid it, and a couple have lost their heads cos they got a bit too big for their boots :) And a watchtower turned in to my friend for a whie.
  • 1Dgaf 14 Oct 2012 22:38:34 3,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quick casting, so I just open the radial menu and use a power from there, would be very useful.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• FanBoysSuck 14 Oct 2012 23:08:00 1,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just a quick question guys, do enemies killing each other effect the no kills thing? I'm on the mission with granny at the start and I've knocked out two of the rent collectors. The third noticed me so I shot him with the sleep dart, but not before he spat fire and killed one of his unconscious colleagues.

I'm probably going to end up sacking off the no kills thing once I get further in (constantly reloading will end up annoying me) but for now I want to keep the kills down.

For the emperor!

• superdelphinus 14 Oct 2012 23:27:04 8,050 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    random steam question - I just bought a physical copy of this game today, but ive activated the key on steam before installing it. please tell me I don't have to now download the flipping thing when I've got the dvd sitting here?
  • shamblemonkee 14 Oct 2012 23:36:52 14,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a128FNAvxvk&feature=g-all-u

Edited by shamblemonkee at 23:36:59 14-10-2012
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 23:44:13 27,276 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Just a quick question guys, do enemies killing each other effect the no kills thing? I'm on the mission with granny at the start and I've knocked out two of the rent collectors. The third noticed me so I shot him with the sleep dart, but not before he spat fire and killed one of his unconscious colleagues.

I'm probably going to end up sacking off the no kills thing once I get further in (constantly reloading will end up annoying me) but for now I want to keep the kills down.
    If he killed his colleague after noticing you, then it will probably affect it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Errol 14 Oct 2012 23:52:03 12,466 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just had a great time at the Whore house. Killed 46 enemies and 17 civillians. Had a great time slaughtering the whores and the doorman and then electrocuted the man in the torture chair to death.

Great game.
  • FanBoysSuck 14 Oct 2012 23:54:55 1,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    random steam question - I just bought a physical copy of this game today, but ive activated the key on steam before installing it. please tell me I don't have to now download the flipping thing when I've got the dvd sitting here?
    nah, just pop the disk in and it'll run the installer. You will have to wait for a small patch afterward though.

For the emperor!

• FanBoysSuck 14 Oct 2012 23:55:56 1,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    FanBoysSuck wrote:

If he killed his colleague after noticing you, then it will probably affect it.
    Dammit, reload time :(
    At least I've got the insta sleep upgrade for the dart gun.

Edited by FanBoysSuck at 23:59:40 14-10-2012

For the emperor!

• Dr.Haggard 15 Oct 2012 00:49:53 4,177 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just about 11.5 hours in, including the pre-unlock time which Steam didn't log for some reason, and I'm just starting mission 3. Loving every minute of it, this is a very special game.

If Eidos Montreal have done anything drastic (-ally bad) with Thief 4 then I hope they look at this and feel ashamed. Then fix it, obviously. If Thief 4 turns out this good I'll be happy.
  • thesonglessbird 15 Oct 2012 01:12:21 193 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really can't get over how pretty this game is. My F12 key has taken a hammering. Easily some of the best level design and art direction I've seen in a game.
  • PearOfAnguish 15 Oct 2012 09:10:48 7,203 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Golden Cat is great fun. Blink all over the rooftop, jump onto a balcony, choke and over they go into the water.
  • UncleLou Moderator 15 Oct 2012 09:28:49 35,508 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a bit of trouble getting into this at first, but now I am really enjoying it a lot. The structure is quite unusual, with what seems to be the meat of the game hidden in optional side"quests" - typical for an RPG, where they lure you into such sidequests with the prospect of levelling, but not typical at all for the sort of game it is.

Level design and artstyle are spectacular, although so far it is not quite as clever as the Hitman games, and I enjoyed the combat in Dark Messiah even more than in this, but the overall package is quite unique.
  • Vortex808 15 Oct 2012 10:52:16 7,074 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tried a few hours last night and got drawn into playing it until 1:30am by accident.

I know I'm going to spend *so* much time exploring & scouring the levels. I have only done the tutorial stuff an am about to head on first proper mission, yet I already have the feeling I am going to enjoy it immensely.

:)
  • neems 15 Oct 2012 11:52:51 1,217 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Given that this is UE3 I assume it must be moddable? I think you could use the basic Dishonored framework to make an excellent Vampire: The Masquerade game.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Oct 2012 12:18:59 14,589 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    House of Pleasure (best mission yet) stats:

Hostilies: 66
    Civs: 7
    Alarms sounded: 0
    Dead Found: 16
    Overall chaos: High :)
    Runs 5/5
    Bone 2/5
    Paintings 3/3
    3019/4084

...that how I roll baby

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RyanDS 15 Oct 2012 12:34:31 9,257 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasn't a big fan of this the first few missions. Looked good, but just didn't really click. Found it frustrating and mediocre.

Then something suddenly clicked and am loving it. From the bridge level onwards I have been utterly spellbound and the controls have clicked.

Doing a low chaos run through and nearly at the end I think. Can see myself doing a high level kill everyone run through straight afterwards.

After that I will trade it though, as I don't see it as a long term game, but am loving it for what it is.
  • Ultrasoundwave 15 Oct 2012 12:57:32 3,281 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    House of Pleasure (best mission yet) stats:

Hostilies: 66
    Civs: 7
    Alarms sounded: 0
    Dead Found: 16
    Overall chaos: High :)
    Runs 5/5
    Bone 2/5
    Paintings 3/3
    3019/4084

...that how I roll baby

How do you cause that much chaos and not set off a single alarm????.

In the words of the NPC's : "IMPOSSIBLE!" , "WITCHCRAFT!"

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DUFFMAN5 15 Oct 2012 13:29:40 14,589 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    I'm a flthy mudering Taffer is how ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RyanDS 15 Oct 2012 13:53:53 9,257 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Doing a low chaos run through and nearly at the end I think.
    Maybe you are, maybe you're not. ;)
    heh. proper end. have to say the twist was telegraphed from the first mission.
  • 1Dgaf 15 Oct 2012 13:58:51 3,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll admit it. I've been considering buying this. The tarot cards look good.

But, no, I must be strong! I must pray and put these sinful thoughts behind me, I must have game conversion thearpy!

• neems 15 Oct 2012 14:37:09 1,217 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought you already had it gaf? Or did you rent it?
  • spamdangled 15 Oct 2012 14:45:26 27,276 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished mission 4, my ghost playthrough is intact :-)

Arranged the maids and one of the guards in an amusing love tryst on one of the sofas.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jellyhead 15 Oct 2012 14:47:09 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My "Play games in backlog, don't buy any new ones." has gone kaput with this. Just put my order in today but at least i'll have to finish ME3 before diving into this!

This signature intentionally left blank.

• 1Dgaf 15 Oct 2012 14:48:00 3,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rented it. It feels like it could be a good bookshelf game; take it down and go play it a couple of times a year.

Which isn't something I've actually done before, apart from my melee-only playthrough of Halo 3.

• UncleLou Moderator 15 Oct 2012 15:32:55 35,508 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Just finished mission 4, my ghost playthrough is intact :-)

Arranged the maids and one of the guards in an amusing love tryst on one of the sofas.
    Hats off, I have no idea how you do that. Admittedly I am enjoying dropping down on guards too much, but every time I make a half-hearted attempt to not be seen, it ends in me running across rooftops, followed by guards, dogs and whatnot. :p

At least tell me you're playing on normal. I am on hard so that I don't get tempted to get careless.

Edited by UncleLou at 15:33:15 15-10-2012
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 16:14:11
    Just finished golden cat mission, non lethal way.

I

LOVE

This

Game.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last