Dishonored Page 23

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Deleted user 14 October 2012 17:33:50
    7 hours, first mission complete.

26 killed. Nearly all items collected. All side quests complete except the one you can't do without possession. Didn't brand but found it all after.

U think u can complete it by just robbing the book?

Way more fun playing as a predator rather than sneaking about like you the prey.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 17:35:29 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's mission 3 done then after 5 hours.

Hope the Pendletons have fun working in their own mine...

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• 1Dgaf 14 Oct 2012 17:35:38 3,791 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonored should allow you to replay any level and have all unlocks available, but unallocated. That way I can set the difficulty and tailor the experience myself.

Syndicate did something similar. If I replayed level five, I started with all the unlock points I would have earned a that point in the story. I could then try different builds with each level.

But that's a bit restrictive, because I'd have more options with later replays than earlier ones.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• monkehhh 14 Oct 2012 17:40:47 3,291 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just found her like that.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 17:53:01 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    I just found her like that.
    Hah! Well done.

I manage to position two guards over a railing so that it looked like one was bumming the other.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• itinkuravinalaff 14 Oct 2012 17:54:15 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    what did you do next??
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Oct 2012 18:00:13 37,650 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The hand practically shouts out "Want to touch the heinie!"

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• monkehhh 14 Oct 2012 18:05:41 3,291 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @darkmorgado Good work, I arranged three on a bed - that would've been an awkward conversation when they woke up :)
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 19:00:30 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Considering how much the bridge level has been hyped, I've found it really, really easy to ghost so far.

• PearOfAnguish 14 Oct 2012 19:21:39 7,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Blink is a lovely thing - whoever first implemented that and used it to blink up to someone and stab them in the neck must've thought they were fucking amazing :)
    It is a great mechanic. Getting the timing right so that you blink in behind someone, stab/choke and then get out again before anyone spots you is so incredibly satisfying.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 19:23:41 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Found the Strong Arm bone charm - choking time is cut by about 66%!

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:01:57 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ghost is fine, you just need to explore your surroundings, be patient, and learn the guard patterns.

And save a lot.

If you really want to challenge yourself, do an Ironman ghost run.

• Syrette 14 Oct 2012 20:04:38 43,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    A what?

• DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2012 20:11:11 14,523 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ghost is fine,

And save a lot.
    If you really want to challenge yourself, do an Ironman ghost run

..and therein lies the problem I have with multiple playthroughs of a game. What is the point then (if you are saving all the time) ? you are not really Ghosting it. Not having a pop at you Dale, it is just I don't see the point. Why do you want to Ghost it, is it for the cheveos. You surely will get no satisfaction by completing a ghost run-through if you have saved god knows how many times to achieve said run-through.

I'm with PF on this one. One run through for me and I will enjoy everything about that as the game is ace. I would only replay if I would get proper different endings like Alpha Protocol. If it did have ng+ it might and I only say might get me to play again.

Don't get me wrong the game is a 10/10 so far, 3 chapters down.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Mark1412 14 Oct 2012 20:16:46 519 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I never really got that with stealth games. If you're just saving before every minor challenge and reloading it seems a little... hollow.

Game's wonderful though, seriously fucking wonderful.

• PearOfAnguish 14 Oct 2012 20:27:45 7,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That Slackjaw side mission does seem bugged. I got out the building but Slackjaw is no longer in the distillery.

Although I'm not sure if that's because I let all the weepers out their cages too.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:28:46 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    A what?
    Ironman - a self-imposed challenge in a game (sometimes supported by the actual game mechanics - see XCom), where any failure of your self-imposed rules means you are not allowed to reload a save, but instead need to restart the game.

Witcher 2 also supports Ironman difficulty.

Bit surprised you don't know what an Ironman run is tbh.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:47:55 14-10-2012

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:30:16 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ghost is fine,

And save a lot.
    If you really want to challenge yourself, do an Ironman ghost run

..and therein lies the problem I have with multiple playthroughs of a game. What is the point then (if you are saving all the time) ? you are not really Ghosting it. Not having a pop at you Dale, it is just I don't see the point. Why do you want to Ghost it, is it for the cheveos.
    I just like the extra challengenot doing it for the chiev at all - I always intended to ghost it, just like I ghosted the previous Thief games and (very nearly) Deus Ex: HR. Also ghosted the first DX game.

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:31:31 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    That Slackjaw side mission does seem bugged. I got out the building but Slackjaw is no longer in the distillery.

Although I'm not sure if that's because I let all the weepers out their cages too.
    Is that mission 3? If so, there's a reported bug with Slackjaw turning hostile in that mission. He won't be where he was before, he'll be by the entrance to that building, in the room on the right just before you enter the main distillery area.

Though if you released the weepers, then I think he does take that as an act of hostility.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:33:14 14-10-2012

• Syrette 14 Oct 2012 20:38:08 43,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Er, if you say so. Guess I'm not as much of an elite gamer as you are.

Sounds like an exercise in frustration, but to each their own.

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:43:54 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Er, if you say so. Guess I'm not as much of an elite gamer as you are.

Sounds like an exercise in frustration, but to each their own.
    That's one way to view it - but it can also be a great way of ramping up tension in a game and lends itself to some great story moments and hairy escapes (some of the Ironman stories on the XCom thread are already brilliant).

One of the most famous examples is this one, where one player turned his Ironman Far Cry 2 playhthrough into a novel nearly 400 pages long. It got a lot of press coverage at the time.

Think of it as a roguelike way of roleplaying - failure is (mostly) inevitable, but the point isn't in reaching your destination - it's in the journey you take.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:46:41 14-10-2012

• Syrette 14 Oct 2012 20:50:11 43,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't get me wrong, I can see the appeal. I mean on a personal level I avoid stuff like that as I don't want to get frustrated. I didn't bother with Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode for this reason.

After the first mission of this game I'm not too worried about being seen. I mean I'll still avoid enemies as best I can (I'm not Master Chief so shouldn't take on loads of enemies at once), but having to constantly reload saves would sour the experience for me somewhat.

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 20:52:35 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    See, for me, the best thing about a stealth game is the tension. So I always ghost it. Gets the heart thumping harder than any horror game when you start to panic as you realise you may have backed yourself into a corner and a guard is coming your way...

• nickthegun 14 Oct 2012 20:57:51 59,312 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    After the first mission of this game I'm not too worried about being seen. I mean I'll still avoid enemies as best I can (I'm not Master Chief so shouldn't take on loads of enemies at once), but having to constantly reload saves would sour the experience for me somewhat.
    Same with the new Deus Ex. I couldnt be fucked reloading the game all the time so I took the more pragmatic approach of when someone saw me, I killed the fuckers.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Syrette 14 Oct 2012 21:03:12 43,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Talking of Deus Ex: HR, the only thing I didn't get (to 100% it) was the no alarms achievement. Despite being certain I never set one off.

After that annoyance I'm not going to bother about similar things (in this case alerting enemies).

• monkehhh 14 Oct 2012 21:17:51 3,291 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's one concern - if you're gonna have an achievement that covers the length of the game, have some sort-of stats screen that shows whether you're still on course to do it.
  • Syrette 14 Oct 2012 21:20:33 43,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @monkehhh

Dishonored does :)

... but apparently any achievement progress is voided if you replay a mission from the mission select screen, which sort of defeats the point. To get say the no kills achievement, you need to load a save before you killed anyone and then complete the game till completion. Or replay a mission when you get the mission stats immediately post-completion.

Apparently.

• spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 21:23:05 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Which makes it a sort-of ironman.

• Page

of 40 First / Last