Dishonored Page 22

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Errol 14 Oct 2012 02:16:31 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just spend 3hrs playing up to the first time you see the Pub.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 02:24:04 27,485 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    I've just spend 3hrs playing up to the first time you see the Pub.
    So... your 10/10 verdict is based on playing the tutorial mission?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• bbvDJC 14 Oct 2012 05:31:11 1,766 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am half through the first mission now (just cleared up some side quests) and its taken me maybe two or so hours.

Decided I'm going to go with the flow for my first play through and I will mop up trophies in the second one if I want to play it through again.
  • PrivateFloyd 14 Oct 2012 08:20:14 4,189 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoying this.

Such a shame that i only ever feel compelled to complete a game with a narrative only once (my gaming time is limited with the little one).

So i certainly won't be getting alot of trophies on this one but for once I'm not really bothered. The game encourages you to play how you want. And i like that i will only experience one ending, I find it very immersion-breaking to experience multiples as it removes "my tale" of how i navigated the story, Bioshock 2 being the last game i can remember that i worked for my ending.

At the moment I'm stealthy when i want to be stealthy the kennels in the first mission being a prime example. And balls out bad ass when I think it suits.

Super game.

On that note, i also picked up X-Com Enemy Unknown on PS3 with some vouchers that I'm not going to play due to this taking up my time.

Going to a good home new and sealed, posted for Tuesday delivery for 30 if anyones interested. Saves you a tenner.

Goat is hungry.....

• FatsoJetson 14 Oct 2012 10:12:15 309 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd Sent you a PM. Interested if the offer is still there.
  • sid92 14 Oct 2012 10:25:39 985 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If anyone is playing PC version I would recommend not doing the side quest that has you go into Galvanis office but only if you are in chapter 2 The Golden Cat it is a bugged mission you can get stuck with the game crashing everytime you try to exit the building it happened to me yesterday and i have checked internet forums and lots of people are having the same problem on all different specs, so its best avoiding that side quest. Just a word of warning as you will probably have to start the whole game again like i did. But i still adore this game.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2012 10:58:46 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @darkmorgado

No was doing it again. I spent 3hrs on the first play through as well though to get to the same stage (roughly).

The design of the levels and scenery is just amazing. It's clear just how much love went into this game in every detail.

Certainly heading for GOTY unless something better comes out.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2012 11:05:54 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone else really like choking guards and then letting them fall into water to drown?
  • Errol 14 Oct 2012 11:06:06 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like killing maids as well.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2012 11:06:18 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In the game.
  • Errol 14 Oct 2012 11:06:31 12,562 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not in real life.
  • bbvDJC 14 Oct 2012 11:46:08 1,766 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sure sure. ;)

I've thrown a couple of bodies into the water but not had anyone fall. Getting annoyed with some of the end level stats, I think ok hiding the bodies in decent places yet they find them all apparently, it's a little niggle but whatever.
  • Derblington 14 Oct 2012 11:53:20 22,303 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think it counts when you engage a group of enemies. If you take on 3, the first 2 you kill count as found dead by the 3rd. I think. It's the only explanation I can make sense of ATM.
  • spamdangled 14 Oct 2012 11:59:55 27,485 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope that allowing the guards to kill the servant girl with the key to the Artist's house on mission 3 doesn't invalidate my clean hands achievement...

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• itinkuravinalaff 14 Oct 2012 12:24:24 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Completed this, enjoyed it very much but found certain powers used too much mana so couldn't use them to their full potential and because of that and no new game plus l don't feel compelled to replay it. Shame!
  • RyanDS 14 Oct 2012 12:34:39 9,860 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    If anyone is playing PC version I would recommend not doing the side quest that has you go into Galvanis office but only if you are in chapter 2 The Golden Cat it is a bugged mission you can get stuck with the game crashing everytime you try to exit the building it happened to me yesterday and i have checked internet forums and lots of people are having the same problem on all different specs, so its best avoiding that side quest. Just a word of warning as you will probably have to start the whole game again like i did. But i still adore this game.
    On ps3 here. After setting slackjaw in chapter two my ps3 freezes every time. Well done Bethesda. Not just open world games you make into bug riddled fiascos
  • NotSoSlim 14 Oct 2012 12:41:07 3,149 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    sid92 wrote:
    On ps3 here. After setting slackjaw in chapter two my ps3 freezes every time. Well done Bethesda. Not just open world games you make into bug riddled fiascos
    Well as they didnt actually make the game but published it i suggest other people are to blame
  • RyanDS 14 Oct 2012 13:24:08 9,860 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well it still keeps the Bethesda seal of approval at least. Should have known what I was in for.

Googling tells me this is a widespread or at least fairly common problem, unfortunately it is random though, at some point where you go to move to a new location it just won't load. Different place for everyone. Some people have had luck with reloading an earlier save, others have had to restart the game.
  • Derblington 14 Oct 2012 13:30:50 22,303 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stop trying to play games on a bluray player.
  • RyanDS 14 Oct 2012 13:36:16 9,860 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Stop trying to play games on a bluray player.
    Unlike my 360 it has lasted more than eight months without breaking. I save my 360 for exclusives and generally spend three hours trying to coax the DVD drive into action to install so I can play a game from the hard drive,

Just debating now whether to return game while I still get decent trade or start over.
  • bbvDJC 14 Oct 2012 14:37:03 1,766 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Happened to be on my play through but I just quit and reloaded and it was fine. Dodged a bullet?
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Oct 2012 14:40:36 1,781 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    it has nothing to do with Bethesda.

Really enjoying the game, a breath of fresh air after playing the "meh" RE6. Love how you can complete the mission in a variety of ways, I went to avoid killing the targets and the other way was far worse!

shame the textures of the world are poor but it seems they is no good version
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Oct 2012 15:06:02 3,417 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, for what its worth, ive just finished the first mission. Managed to poison the Overseer, do all the side missions, find all the runes and basically cover every nook and cranny - played as the stealthy type, only killing when i really had to.

Took me just over 5 and a half hours.

Whoever said they finished this game in four hours didnt play it properly or is lying out of their arse.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• PrivateFloyd 14 Oct 2012 15:14:23 4,189 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:

On that note, i also picked up X-Com Enemy Unknown on PS3 with some vouchers that I'm not going to play due to this taking up my time.

Going to a good home new and sealed, posted for Tuesday delivery for 30 if anyones interested. Saves you a tenner.

X-Com has now gone.

Goat is hungry.....

• Deleted user 14 October 2012 15:14:45
    Can people put more spoiler text in? Too much info keeps being posted without spoiler tagging.
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 15:20:29 7,071 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll be starting this tonight. Wasn't even planning to, really, but read a little about it this morning and immediately got a Steam key. I just hope it runs.

PSN: DonOsito

• beastmaster 14 Oct 2012 15:20:39 12,014 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do try. I try and be stealthy. I'm very tied though so I just ended up getting discovered. Then I have to chop heads off.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Lotos8ter 14 Oct 2012 15:30:55 2,366 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really loving this and trying to be stealthy but all goes wrong and then I end up on a killing spree. On second proper mission I blinked onto and rewired that turret which ended up with loads of dead bodies and an achievement.:)
    Just started the third proper mission - superb game, love these sandbox, multiple path games.

Fiat Lux

• jack24 14 Oct 2012 16:44:43 284 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think I'm going to start again with my only rule being 'no fucking obsessive quick loading'. I think I'm removing the fun of escape, and generally this much stopping and starting is ruining my immersion I think..
  • monkehhh 14 Oct 2012 17:20:07 3,525 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The correct way to play this is, obviously, to sneak around a fair bit.. then mess it up and chop a couple of heads off. Repeat.

Blink is a lovely thing - whoever first implemented that and used it to blink up to someone and stab them in the neck must've thought they were fucking amazing :)
  • Page

of 40 First / Last