Dishonored Page 18

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Murbal 12 Oct 2012 08:49:37 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not far in (and considering I've had it longer than most that's an indication of how little game time I get - so why I've bought 4 games at once I'll never know) but finding hunting down runes and bone charms to be my priority. There's plenty of little quests tucked away. I pity anyone wanting to race through.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 08:57:09
    @revan8 poor Revan, it'll fly by I'm sure. Its sunny here this morning funnily enough, no excuses now.
  • X201 12 Oct 2012 09:07:50 14,698 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have caved in a bought this, no idea where I'll find the time to play it.

It was all Duffman's fault, with the Bioshock comment.
    j'accuse Dufman, j'accuse
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Oct 2012 09:30:42 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5
    ah, can it be played 'gung-ho', as it were?

i had the impressions, from what little i'd read, that it was more stealth-based...which becomes an instant no-play for me

the bioshock/singularity mention piques my interest as well
    My personal code when it comes to stealth games is that i'll kill anyone who tries to kill me - if i come up against someone un-noticed, i'll spare their lives.

I always think of the henchmens fake, non-existent children who they have to provide for.....

"Look at banner Michael!"

• TVoJ 12 Oct 2012 09:59:48 1,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy. Just called blockbuster to see what offers they got on and it's quite nice. Anything traded towards dishonoured gets an extra 30% on top. Borderlands 2 trades for 25 so another 7.50 = 32.50. Dishonoured is selling for 40.99. So 8.50 total ain't bad.
  • bbvDJC 12 Oct 2012 10:18:27 1,637 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I preordered with them yesterday because all preorders you get a tenner off.
  • itinkuravinalaff 12 Oct 2012 11:01:45 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dun a msn last night and the scenery was so nice that i climbed 2 the highest point i cud, stood there cud c 4 miles, jumpd couple of roof tops an realized i was at my objective!! The guy sait 2 me 'how did u get past all the guards?' i said 2myself fuck im surprised as u!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Oct 2012 11:06:16 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought this, this morning.
  • psychokitten Moderator 12 Oct 2012 11:09:08 7,791 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:
    Dun a msn last night and the scenery was so nice that i climbed 2 the highest point i cud, stood there cud c 4 miles, jumpd couple of roof tops an realized i was at my objective!! The guy sait 2 me 'how did u get past all the guards?' i said 2myself fuck im surprised as u!
    Please use full words, thanks.

Looking forward to picking this up later, probably won't get much time to play it tonight but I'll get stuck in tomorrow for sure. I'll do my usual stealth until things go haywire and then murder everyone.
  • thedaveeyres 12 Oct 2012 11:17:49 9,715 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's really awesome.

I decided to go for stealth/non-lethal from the off... the first guard encounter, when you're meant to come up behind the guard and take him down quietly and non-lethally... didn't realise you had to hold the button down. Guard freaks out, turns round, him and his friends come at me. 3 dead guards. Hmmm, ah well, you can't make an omelette etc etc...

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deleted user 12 October 2012 11:43:20
    Mr lovely postman just delivered this to me. 4 hours of gaming tonight! :) :)
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 11:57:45
    Installed and ready to be dishonourable :-)
  • PenguinJim 12 Oct 2012 11:58:48 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Mr lovely postman just delivered this to me. 4 hours of gaming tonight! :) :)
    \o/
  • LoopTheory 12 Oct 2012 12:09:17 350 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played 4hrs ish last night and of course i've nearly finished it :rolleyes: in fact nowhere near , only about 25% into first mission ( i do explore a lot but still didn't find all thats hiding in the intro level).
    Absolutely loving it. I'm finding the 'blink' power really opens up the enviroment and if i can see a roof in the distance i'm 90% sure i can reach it.
    I'm trying to be stealthy but i usually get spotted and then it just turns into a bloodbath with peoples heads rolling all over the shop! however i do tidy as i go ;)
  • kinky_mong 12 Oct 2012 12:10:21 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy. Just called blockbuster to see what offers they got on and it's quite nice. Anything traded towards dishonoured gets an extra 30% on top. Borderlands 2 trades for 25 so another 7.50 = 32.50. Dishonoured is selling for 40.99. So 8.50 total ain't bad.
    Tempting. Does anyone know how much they are giving for Darksiders 2?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Ultrasoundwave 12 Oct 2012 13:09:21 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:
    /Engage grammar police mode.

Jesus, my head hurts. Please write in English for the love of God.

/Disengage grammar police mode.
    Dis is how da youff of taday speek bruv. Init, brap, etc.

• itinkuravinalaff 12 Oct 2012 13:38:13 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Soz 4 grammer but usin ma moby c, dis is ma txt talk no wot i mean u useless slags;-)
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Oct 2012 13:41:01 9,689 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You can still use proper English while on a phone, the option to do so is there.
  • Arrr9 12 Oct 2012 13:45:33 398 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, you should check your spelling of grammar, I hate to be pernickity as the rest of your sentence looked fine.
  • X201 12 Oct 2012 13:47:52 14,698 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    You can still use proper English while on a phone, the option to do so is there.
    Most people actually do use proper words and grammar. The percentage that use txt speak is a minority.

Heard a Professor of Linguistics going on about it on Radio 4 a while back.
  • SlackMaster 12 Oct 2012 13:53:17 3,132 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picked this up this morning so looking forward to playing it tonight. Still playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment and haven't touched XCom that arrived last night. Got XCom on PC and wish I'd got a console version now as although it was cheaper you have to activate it on steam which it won't let you do before the release date.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• itinkuravinalaff 12 Oct 2012 14:27:43 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry I didn't know that English teachers were so interested in this game and my grammar so to be a good pupil I have activated my qwerty keyboard. All is good now because it has word prediction activated.:-D
  • Murbal 12 Oct 2012 14:31:46 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:
    Sorry I didn't know that English teachers were so interested in this game and my grammar so to be a good pupil I have activated my qwerty keyboard. All is good now because it has word prediction activated.:-D
    It's in the guidelines tinky:

Language - Don't write in ALL CAPS or TXT SPK or L33T SP33K - It is hard to read and annoys people.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/72804
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 14:38:07
    Back to the game.

To anyone played it for more than say half a dozen hours, how hard is it?

I want to start on hard tonight but don't want to get into it and find I need to re start on normal.
  • Syrette 12 Oct 2012 14:42:00 41,866 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lovefilm deliver again.

Outstanding service.

• neems 12 Oct 2012 14:51:40 1,081 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Back to the game.

To anyone played it for more than say half a dozen hours, how hard is it?

I want to start on hard tonight but don't want to get into it and find I need to re start on normal.

To a certain extent it depends on how you intend to play. On very hard opponents can kill you in a couple of hits, but it's definitely do-able. I'm not exactly a gaming God but I can handle it fine (mostly stealth based). Even if you intend to be more aggressive, there are so many attacking options that I think you should just whack it on full, turn all the hud off, and go for it.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2012 14:56:27
    Thanks, will do, hard it is.

@ syrette, Judas.
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Oct 2012 14:56:51 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    Most people actually do use proper words and grammar. The percentage that use txt speak is a minority.

Heard a Professor of Linguistics going on about it on Radio 4 a while back.
    Word.

• spamdangled 12 Oct 2012 15:06:50 27,197 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:
    You don't need to be an English teacher to find text speak really annoying.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 40 First / Last