Dishonored Page 40

• Page

of 40 First / Last

Next
  • -cerberus- 26 Jan 2014 17:57:08 2,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JoeBlade Perfectly understandable but I would argue that this isn't sadistic, rather challenging instead. :)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• JoeBlade 26 Jan 2014 20:21:29 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @-cerberus- Oh, horses for courses obviously :)
    To me having to replay 15 minutes or more is a waste of time, unless it's a completely new attempt with a different build in an RPG or such obviously. I've so many games in my collection I'd rather go play another instead...

I wish this sort of feature were tied to difficulty level. E.g.: easy = instant failure notification, normal = summary after each area or subobjective, hard = end of complete mission only.
  • frugtkompot 9 Mar 2014 12:34:14 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know I'm a bit behind, but I've just started the main game this week and have done the first two assasinations. I am trying to be - albeit not very succesfully - as stealthy as I can to avoid too high chaos later in the game. There are two things however that puzzle me,

1. If i strangle a guard and leave him behind for a nap - more often than not rats will end up eating him. Is there a way or logic thing to do to avoid this? If that is how they are going to die I would rather just kill them and myself and get it over with.

2. On the second level I suddenly got attacked by three assasins on a roof seemingly out of nowhere and with no explanation. Are they guards or what is their purpose in the game?

Really like the game so far. It's nice to play something where you can control the pacing yourself. Reminds me of Last of Us in that regard.
  • Wunty_Phyve 9 Mar 2014 12:41:52 969 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @frugtkompot

You'll find out more about the assassins later on.

Never had that happen with the rats unless I meant to happen. Not sure where you're leaving them to constantly be eaten?
  • Derblington 9 Mar 2014 12:44:15 21,332 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, typically you need to leave them near rats for them to be eaten.

And, side note, there's no point in The Last of Us where you control the pacing, it's heavily linear in that regard.
  • frugtkompot 9 Mar 2014 16:03:25 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Of course. I find Dishonored linear too. I just meant that both games offer you the opportunity to tackle each situation as you wish. You can be stealthy, creative or guns blazing at your own peril. I find too many games choose to dictate exactly how it wants you to proceed.

Bioshock Infinite, which I just finished before this, is a good example of this. You have many tools at your disposal, but despite an array of different powers they all more or less amount to the same chaotic combat by the end of a set piece.

Hmm, I don't think i left them behind near rats, but maybe I need to be more careful to watch for rats.

PS. Disclaimer. I loved Last of Us and thought it was the most interesting game I've played this generation. So biased in that regard of course.
  • frugtkompot 18 Apr 2014 11:25:20 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just completed it. Lovely game after a short distraction by the arrival of a shiny new PS4.

Are any of the DLC worth getting? Looks like there are 3 substantial expansions.

Dunwall City Trials
    The Knife of Dunwall
    The Brigmore Witches

And do any of them tie properly into the real game other than presenting Daud as a playable character?
  • Derblington 18 Apr 2014 11:35:10 21,332 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ignore the trials, go for the other 2 if you want more.
  • Wunty_Phyve 18 Apr 2014 11:56:14 969 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Although the trials are not bad for a quick slice of fun. Only held my attention for 2 or three sessions mind you.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last

Next