Dishonored Page 37

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• jabberwoky 10 Apr 2013 10:57:44 527 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have just finished the golden cat, and its a great game. I know it is because when I get to the main target I go back and find all the other routes just for the fun of it. I knock out every guard in an area just so I can own it and wander around taking in the scenery, and soaking in the atmosphere and details of a fantastically original world. And I know I have to replay it in carnage mode just because it will be so much fun. So each level is taking me literally hours.

Thats when you know you have a great game.
  • HarryPalmer 10 Apr 2013 11:05:18 3,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, it's when you play Bioshock Infinite and can't help thinking, hang on, why isn't this as good as Dishonored? Such a fantastic world.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2013 11:58:20
    jabberwoky wrote:
    I have just finished the golden cat, and its a great game. I know it is because when I get to the main target I go back and find all the other routes just for the fun of it. I knock out every guard in an area just so I can own it and wander around taking in the scenery, and soaking in the atmosphere and details of a fantastically original world. And I know I have to replay it in carnage mode just because it will be so much fun. So each level is taking me literally hours.

Thats when you know you have a great game.
    I've just completed that level also but on my third playthrough on very hard. I have it on v hard otherwise it's too tempting to kill everyone in glorious fashion.

Had wonderful kill last night, set up a trap with springrazor. When first opponent set it off I paused time to notice his decapitated head so I got out the crossbow and lined up the flying head with the next guards head and fired. Re started time and the decapitated head killed the next guard. I then went back to being stealthy.

The next couple of levels you will love, loads of options.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2013 12:03:03
    I really need to play this game again. Very stealthy no kill first playthrough means I'm aching to get my creative kill hat on.
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 18:27:46
    Okay I'm finding the stealth in this zero fun and the hand to hand combat is shite. What am I doing wrong?
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 22:10:29
    mowgli wrote:
    Okay I'm finding the stealth in this zero fun and the hand to hand combat is shite. What am I doing wrong?
    How far in are you?
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 22:24:59
    Not far at all,
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 22:43:18
    That's why. It takes a few levels to totally open up. Upgrade blink and that see-through walls thing (can't mind what it's called) and stealth is ALOT more fun. Or upgrade offensive skills and combats better, or do both. The prison and sewer levels are a bit wank in the sense that you can't do much yet.

In fact I remember the start of the game being very underwhelming and pretty disappointing.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 22:44:23 11-04-2013
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 22:47:01
    Cool will keep going. I know how well it was received so I'm willing to accept I need to give it more time.
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 23:48:53
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it didn't quite live up to my expectations but definitely got better after the opening.
  • Deleted user 14 April 2013 10:41:07
    Okay, just finished it - loved it. Really enjoyed it after I got to grips with the controls. Killed bloody everyone though and I'm assuming that affected the ending I got. Could replay it for another ending but I really disagree with doing that in these games.
  • the_dudefather 16 Apr 2013 10:49:35 9,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• imamazed 16 Apr 2013 10:53:47 5,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @the_dudefather Ooh, thanks for the heads up. Dishonoured is on my rental list, so I'll take the free DLC now for when that comes!

EDIT - deleted the post I see, did it expire? I certainly got it in time!

Edited by imamazed at 10:56:49 16-04-2013
  • Saucy 16 Apr 2013 10:55:29 2,604 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Okay, just finished it - loved it. Really enjoyed it after I got to grips with the controls. Killed bloody everyone though and I'm assuming that affected the ending I got. Could replay it for another ending but I really disagree with doing that in these games.
    Sounds like you had a similar experience to me. Tried being stealthy for a few levels, but soon realised it wasn't for me. Changed approach, killed everyone, and had a great time doing it!

I suspect that now I have a better understanding of the game mechanics I would have more fun with the stealth approach, but doubt I'd play through again.
  • Deleted user 16 April 2013 11:18:12
    @the_dudefather gee thanks for letting me know about a free video.
  • Ziz0u 16 Apr 2013 11:23:35 8,474 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Doh!
  • the_dudefather 16 Apr 2013 12:26:21 9,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry bruds, saw it on twitter, didn't look at it long enough to notice

Here's a picture of a crab to make up for it

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Sunno 16 Apr 2013 13:42:02 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Has the DLC gone up on the marketplace yet?
  • Deleted user 16 April 2013 15:03:07
    @Sunno yeah it just come on now.
  • Sunno 16 Apr 2013 15:49:48 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Awesome! I'll be home in 15 mins. Can't wait! cheers pepsipop!
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 10:09:06
    Anyone tried the DLC yet?
  • Sunno 17 Apr 2013 12:21:38 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yup! Had a bit of a burn on it last night. Really enjoying it.

I definitely recommend it. There are a couple of changes in there, some for the best and some i'm not so keen on. But it's probably down to preference.

The Butchers are great but be warned they are brutal and very hard to get away from/survive if they attack you.

Plenty of places to explore and routes to take so if you enjoyed that about dishonored you'll love it in this.

I've only done the first two "chapters" so far and that took a few hours. Not sure how much is left but so far it's totally worth it!
  • Lukree 17 Apr 2013 13:08:44 166 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished Dishonored (vanilla, not DLC) on weekend.

A bit mixed feelings. Great graphics and believable world building. Proper plot. Warping was fun. Solid and bugless.

Didn't get into my favorite games list. It was somehow too easy and at the same time it forced you to quicksave and load too much. And I hate it when you have to play games in some sort of "augmented view" mode where you can see all interaction objects and enemies through the walls (I'm staring at you aswell, Batman).

And the ending was a letdown.

Edited by Lukree at 13:29:41 17-04-2013
  • Sunno 17 Apr 2013 13:24:51 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Lukree Are you talking about the main game or the DLC that came out yesterday?
  • Lukree 17 Apr 2013 13:29:08 166 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, my comments were about main game!
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 14:47:41
    Just finished first level, took 90 mins but I didn't explore it all and there were multiple ways to tackle the level as well as three ways to end it.

Very good so far, up there with the best dishonoured levels.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 15:06:22
    Excellent. I'll be getting this end of the week I think, super skint just now!

(spent too much on g.o.g start of the week :$)
  • ZuluHero 17 Apr 2013 15:25:26 4,196 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok i don't want to read all the spoilers and stuff about the DLC - is it worth getting, yay or nay?
  • Sunno 17 Apr 2013 15:41:20 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    yay!
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 18:34:59
    Good to see eurogamer and the other major sites have bothered to write reviews of knife of dunwall. It's not like it's been out for two days and takes five hours.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last