Anyone sell on eBay? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• Buztafen 7 Mar 2013 15:05:55 16,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anybody sold and sent items to ebayers from Ukraine? Buyer seems legit (400+ Feedback 100%) and got in contact before placing a bid. Im just wondering how safe it is to send stuff there? I know of the 'Nigerian uncle' scams etc but is Ukraine given the same stigma unnecessarily?
  • javvyman 7 Mar 2013 15:17:24 716 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Make sure you post to the PayPal address once payment has cleared. Send via trackable post.
    Find out the correct postage price for the item's weight and value. Make sure your method of post has adequate compensation.

If you do all that, you're covered by PayPal.
  • Buztafen 7 Mar 2013 15:19:48 16,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers, i'll get a postage quote.
  • joeymoto108 6 May 2013 05:55:33 651 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Your website is called arseholes?

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• joeymoto108 6 May 2013 05:57:12 651 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And sandals are called thongs in Australia, too? I smell a conspiracy.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Deleted user 29 May 2013 11:46:05
    Jesus. Looks like I've got myself in a situation with some dumb eBay buyer/crook.

Sold my jailbroken Apple TV 2 with XBMC. Wiped my own stuff of it yesterday before posting it but the guy says he's received it today but that it's not Jailbroken and doesn't have XBMC on it.

He also reckons it has the latest firmware on it. Well it doesn't I checked for the exact version before I listed it.

His last email to me said: "Hi m8 thx for reply I haven't updated it I hav jailbroke quite a few ,ther is no nito tv or xbmc and it is on 4.2.2 software now but I believe u I think it has been swapped lol but not by u thanks for reply"

WTF?
  • Deleted user 29 May 2013 11:47:45
    His latest reply just came in: "I no my postal guys lol they hav appletv as well could only b 1 of them lol thanks I can still jailbreak this 1 cheers m8"

Christ.
  • kalel 29 May 2013 11:49:00 88,453 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is why I don't do eBay.
  • Deleted user 29 May 2013 11:53:03
    He's clearly bullshitting but I'm confused by the whole point of it.

I emailed him back and said that I'd properly packed and wrapped it in two jiffy bags and it was sent signed for and asked him to confirm he received it like that. He replied with:

"Yes but parcel was sort of half opened could put my hand inside it without tearing open ,it's ok m8 not a prob will still get it sorted cheers"

Why would a dodgy postman go to the trouble of swapping out a parcel like-for-like? He'd just either steal or it put a brick in there. But then at the same time why would he come up with such an elaborate tale?

I hadn't bothered with eBay in a while and I'm beginning to remember why. Though I did sell my Apple TV for 176 when I only paid 89 new for it almost two years ago.

I also sold BioShock Infinite on Friday. I received 2 emails over the weekend from the guy asking why he hadn't received it yet.
  • TheSaint 29 May 2013 11:53:29 14,622 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If only Google translate did retard > English.
  • kalel 29 May 2013 12:06:58 88,453 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had more luck with Gumtree - always insist on cash and meeting in person. Good results.
  • Deleted user 29 May 2013 12:09:00
    Yeah there are equivalent Facebook buy/sell groups in my local area and I have had great success with those. I only took to eBay for this one as I knew I needed an inflated price in order to buy my Sonos Play5. :D
  • oceanmotion 29 May 2013 12:18:45 16,008 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, gumtree is pretty good. Saves you from ebay sucking 20% as well.

You just know that guy is going to return a different Apple TV while keeping the more sort after jailbreakable one.

When I sold an Xbox, I took pictures of the serial numbers etc. just to be sure.

Edited by oceanmotion at 12:22:53 29-05-2013
  • Deleted user 29 May 2013 12:26:41
    Well he seems to have accepted it and isn't actually asking me to do anything. YET. He has good feedback too, so I'm not too worried just yet.
  • Widge Moderator 31 May 2013 16:13:33 13,700 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    I also sold BioShock Infinite on Friday. I received 2 emails over the weekend from the guy asking why he hadn't received it yet.
    That really pisses me off. We aren't shops. We aren't sitting around with some fulfillment function.

If something takes a bit of time to turn up, I give them the benefit of "real life happens".

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 31 May 2013 16:14:42 13,700 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I've had more luck with Gumtree - always insist on cash and meeting in person. Good results.
    Pre-loved seems interesting too.

Someone has just tried to scam me for a Macbook on gumtree. The email I got from them was not in the gumtree style and they have now asked me to do some sodding over the shop counter payment for it. Which isn't happening. No way.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• simmran02 19 Jun 2013 08:03:56 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    how i can start this bussiness..
  • Jeepers 19 Jun 2013 08:11:57 13,183 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You need logs. Lots of logs.
  • monkehhh 2 Jul 2013 21:45:19 3,426 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ebay wankers. When I buy something I've paid within minutes of it ending.

Sell motherboard.
    Wait a day.
    "Can I pay in 4 days? That's my payday."
    Yeah, go on then.
    4 days passes.
    "Can I pay in another 4 days? My wife spent too much shopping."
    Fuck off and die.
  • mrpon 2 Jul 2013 21:53:09 29,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You need to tick the instant PayPal payment required checkbox.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• monkehhh 2 Jul 2013 21:56:57 3,426 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, it's quite rare I sell stuff.. gonna raise a "not got my moneys yet" which should coincide with him paying after 4 days (supposedly).
  • vijay_UK 2 Jul 2013 22:13:23 2,270 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As a seller - insist on sending the item recorded delivery, whenever possible. Pass on the cost to the buyer, they don't have to bid.
    It may lose you a bid or two because of higher postage, but you'll have peace of mind when you send the item.
  • Aretak 2 Jul 2013 22:23:17 10,366 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've started sending a lot of my old tat to MusicMagpie instead. Not anything overly valuable, but I've gotten rid of about two thirds of my PS3 collection and 90% of my Xbox 360 games via them over the past few months, which netted me around 375 in total.

Could have made a couple of quid more on every item via eBay even after fees, but the hassle of getting packaging for everything, waiting for people to pay, dealing with the morons and queueing for half an hour in the post office on a regular basis makes it not worth the hassle for me.

Just need to be sensible and check what they're offering versus completed eBay listings/Amazon Marketplace, and avoid anything with a huge discrepancy.
  • mrpon 28 Jul 2013 11:35:53 29,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Handy new feature came out this month, automatically relist items for free up to three times. Basically you tick a box when you create the listing, the rest is self explanatory.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• santashi 19 Sep 2013 09:51:20 5,166 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did eBay always make you pay fees for postage as well, or is that a new thing? Seems daft to charge me 30p for the 3 that is going to Royal Mail.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Page

of 4 First / Last