What do you currently have on pre-order? Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 August 2011 17:30:43
    Some people also like to support the developers of the games by paying full price.

Rarely pre-order even when I intend to buy day one unless it nets you decent (as opposed to DLC nonsense) 'free' extras for doing so as with Dark Souls.
  • spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 17:33:11 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deus EX
    Space Marine
    Diablo 3
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Halo: Anniversary
    Halo 4
    Skyrim

Probably more, but those are the ones I can remember.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 6 August 2011 17:34:54
    You not getting Gears 3?

And how can you afford so many games?
  • spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 17:38:44 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because I work for a living and have low bill requirements, thus freeing up plenty of disposable income for my hobby of choice. And most of my purchases are in sales or through ebay, I only buy a handful of games on release each year.

Might get Gears 3. I picked up the second one again yesterday for the multiplayer. I'll probably wait till 3 is cheaper though.

Oh, I've got Dead Island on preorder as well.

Oh, and Dark Souls.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 6 August 2011 17:53:45
    Deus Ex
    UC 3
    Batman AC.

Thats about it, took Dark Souls off as im going to finish Demon's Souls first. Also i'll wait for Skyrim as all Bethesda games are usually broke on launch.
  • HoriZon 6 Aug 2011 17:54:11 13,529 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Games and Hookers.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Syrette 6 Aug 2011 17:59:32 43,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xardan wrote:
    I got an early order of Dead Island in at Shopto.net for just 31.85 and i get a free t-shirt and a DLC pack for free.

That's cool, but will you actually ever find yourself wearing said shirt?

;)

• spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 18:14:12 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Xardan wrote:
    I got an early order of Dead Island in at Shopto.net for just 31.85 and i get a free t-shirt and a DLC pack for free.

That's cool, but will you actually ever find yourself wearing said shirt?

;)

He might pitch a tent with it. Those free shirts from Shopto are always designed with the morbidly obese in mind. I got one with my DR2 purchase last year and now I use it as a dishcloth.

• Syrette 6 Aug 2011 18:33:59 43,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hello_fi wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Because I work for a living and have low bill requirements, thus freeing up plenty of disposable income for my hobby of choice.

How much do Eurogamer pay an hour to spend all day posting self-important tripe on the forum? What's the pension plan like? Do you need to take the bus to work or do they cover the costs of the special taxis too?

Give it a rest, he just answered a question.

• Ged42 6 Aug 2011 18:52:36 7,720 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only Deus Ex: HR at the moment.

I'm waiting on knowing individual store extras for a few others.
  • spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 18:55:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hello_fi wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Because I work for a living and have low bill requirements, thus freeing up plenty of disposable income for my hobby of choice.

How much do Eurogamer pay an hour to spend all day posting self-important tripe on the forum? What's the pension plan like? Do you need to take the bus to work or do they cover the costs of the special taxis too?

Piss off you stupid little spacker.

• spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 19:01:25 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ged42 wrote:

Regular edition? I've plumped for the Augmented edition, I like the extra bits but I don't see the need in shelling out another 20 quid for some stupid statue in the collector's edition.

• Nehmis 6 Aug 2011 19:18:43 689 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gears of War 3
    Deus Ex

Might add Battlefied 3 to that list. Will get everything eventually though (maybe for christmas, cod on release night for cheap deals). It's the first time so many games I've wanted are being released in such a small time frame.

That plus I'd feel guilty as hell spending so much money so quickly. Can't complain for so many awesome games though. :D
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 6 Aug 2011 19:21:13 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lot of faith in deus ex.
  • ModishNouns 6 Aug 2011 19:22:46 4,655 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deus Ex
    Saints Row 3
    Rage

Also Skyrim and Forza 4 on the radar. Not sure what I'm doing there. I might follow motti's example and ask Santa for Forza 4. I'll probably trade some stuff in and buy Skyrim over the counter.
  • spamdangled 6 Aug 2011 19:26:56 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone got the new issue of PC Gamer? They have a world-exclusive first review of Deus Ex.

• Ged42 6 Aug 2011 23:58:15 7,720 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ged42 wrote:

Regular edition? I've plumped for the Augmented edition, I like the extra bits but I don't see the need in shelling out another 20 quid for some stupid statue in the collector's edition.

I got the the Augmented edition, it' only 35 on the PC. I love concept art books and the bits of the soundtrack I've heard on the trailers, mean I'm really wanting to listen to the whole soundtrack. Not fussed on that statue as well, so I'll leave the collectors edition

I was looking at the Skyrim collectors edition and I want the art book, but the statue looks a bit cack, defintely not as cool as Oblivion's coin.
  • heavy_salad 7 Aug 2011 01:00:12 721 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deus Ex (on PS3 at the moment, although I'm thinking of switching to PC - just dunno whether my PC will do it justice).
    And Bastion and From Dust on PC.
  • polaris70 7 Aug 2011 01:00:51 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Battlefield 3 is only game pre-ordered. I pretty much know I'll get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of it. Plus because I'lI be playing it for multiplayer then it's pretty much got to be a day one purchase. Others games like Skyrim, AC Revelations and Deus Ex I'll definately be playing, but no need to buy them day one, they can wait and hopefully drop in price while I'm waiting.
  • ElNino9 7 Aug 2011 03:00:59 13,372 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Battlefield 3
    MW3
    FIFA 12
    Playstation Vita
    Uncharted 3
    Arkham City
    Rage

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• dominalien 7 Aug 2011 03:18:39 6,848 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing, obviously. :-P

The games I bought 2 years ago, I'll probably play them next year. Maybe ;-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 7 August 2011 05:54:56
    Nothing.
  • robthehermit 19 Oct 2011 09:53:52 4,037 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who's best for preorders these days? I've been slowly wearing Mrs Hermit down, and she might possibly be almost at the point of agreeing to have discussion about the possibility of giving me permission to pre order Skyrim.

If she does, then I'll need it on release day, as I'll also book the day off work and make a long weekend of it.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Renal1ty. 19 Oct 2011 09:59:22 702 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd say shopto.net is a good option. Not been using them for ages but they haven't let me down yet.
  • Vortex808 19 Oct 2011 09:59:34 7,074 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Caved in and pre-ordered Batman:AC last night. Bf3 is done too.

That should be it for this year, but i'll probably pick up mw3 if i see it at a reasonable price on release.

If those three plus Gears 3 and Rage don't keep me busy over the cold winter weekends then nothing else will.
  • Daz190uk 19 Oct 2011 10:07:25 68 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I finished the Gears 3 single player and sold it for £30 cash at CEX - the MP just wasn't hooking me but I might pick it up cheap again in the future.

I've got Deus Ex to play at the minute but I've only preordered Battlefield 3 and MW3.

I'm also hyped for The Witcher 2 and Skyrim but will hold out for the inevitable price drops. Single player games hit £20 so quickly these days.
  • robthehermit 19 Oct 2011 10:08:27 4,037 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Renal1ty. wrote:
    I'd say shopto.net is a good option. Not been using them for ages but they haven't let me down yet.

I was thinking about them as well, at least I'd get 3 if out wasn't delivered...
    Their website is an abomination though.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Monsieur_Blade 19 Oct 2011 10:25:46 343 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I never really pre-order games cos I worry that they might turn out pants. I always wait for reviews and opinions on forums like this before buying a game.

Then again, I don't have as much time as I'd like to play games so I'm very careful I choose the absolute creme de la creme when I buy a game. I read all the reviews, watch videos, read comments..etc

My next purchase will be Dark Souls, prob at the end of this month.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last