DVT - Death

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DavidStan1 26 Jun 2011 01:55:10 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Guys - ive joined the forum because my son age 20 has just died from a DVT and Pulmonary Embolism - check these out on youtube etc - basically he loved games and these should not be blamed but sitting still doing anything for any length of time can create this condition - he was totally fit but the night before he died he had a allnight session on Xbow 360. The advise is this - enjoy the gaming but please take a break and read up on the facts - I am going to launch a website to warn of the dangers - please do not take this lightly - at least read up on the facts and become aware - enjoy your gaming xxx
  • Dirtbox 26 Jun 2011 02:02:24 77,454 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's particularly tragic, sorry to hear.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• SomaticSense 26 Jun 2011 02:25:56 7,919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indeed, sorry to hear about it.

You don't have to just sit there to game though. It sounds stupid, but considering you aren't confined to a particular spot like on a plane, say, then plenty of movement, be it standing up for a minute or so or even walking about, is always a good idea.

I've always had huge reserves of energy ever since a kid, so have naturally been like this anyway, and as such have never really had a problem (drives the family crazy...). But sitting down for extended periods must surely start to make the body feel uncomfortable and thus instinctively want to get up and move. So I wonder how this could've happened? I wouldn't have thought it could happen over just one allnighter, unless he literally didn't move at all for hours on end. Has he had any problems before with circulation?

Either way, I'm truly very sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds a horrible way to lose a son.
  • CosmicFuzz 26 Jun 2011 02:42:45 23,090 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shit that's awful, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I've never heard of someone dying from DVT that didn't get it from a plane. Quite scary.

All the best.

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• Syrette 26 Jun 2011 03:22:11 43,059 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry for your loss.

• idolofbane 26 Jun 2011 08:44:36 18 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm never sat still myself for too long has i get back pain if i do (scoliosis) plus drinking and gaming means I run to the loo every half hour lol
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next