Burglar killed in Manchester

• Page

of 19 First / Last

Previous
  • Ka-blamo 23 Jun 2011 14:05:10 7,295 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Link.

I cannot believe Burglars have any sort of rights, even not to be attacked....if you remove rights of the innocent, you shouldn't have any rights yourself.

Surely it's that simple? I've never heard a good argument on the contrary.

An investigation should and will be done, but if it turns out he was defending his home....then no charges.

• Deleted user 23 June 2011 14:08:05
    Brilliant.
    I mean tragedy!
  • Deleted user 23 June 2011 14:08:30
    I thought it said burger in the title. Disappointed.

They did nothing wrong imo.
  • thedaveeyres 23 Jun 2011 14:09:05 10,712 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been to Salford. I'd say the burglar got off lightly.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• nickthegun 23 Jun 2011 14:11:44 58,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish they could bring him back to life so I could have five minutes alone in a room with him.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 23 June 2011 14:12:34
    This thread is likely going to follow the very predictable pattern. I say we just skip all that and let Kalel and Metaldog have their discussion about the concept of evil and we can wrap this up by dinner.
  • Big-Swiss 23 Jun 2011 14:14:10 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    metaldog is the chick, right?
  • nickthegun 23 Jun 2011 14:14:22 58,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

He totally called it

• Deleted user 23 June 2011 14:15:03
    nickthegun 56k style.
  • sport 23 Jun 2011 14:15:18 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish they could bring him back to life so nickthegun could have five minutes alone in a room with him.
  • Ka-blamo 23 Jun 2011 14:16:16 7,295 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're right :)

It just seems sky news and bbc news are goading the viewer, 'Very tragic' 'the poor burglar got stabbed :,(' Is there anyone out there thinking anything other than....good!

I feel like I've been possessed by a daily mail reader, black or white o-vision
  • President_Weasel 23 Jun 2011 14:17:27 8,992 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Great big kettle of fish there, but it has to be said there is a very easy way to not get shot or stabbed or beaten to death when you're in someone else's home without permission, a way that will 100% protect you, guaranteed, from ever being in any danger while in someone else's home uninvited.
  • Big-Swiss 23 Jun 2011 14:17:34 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    poor burglar with the uzzi in his hand got stabbed to death, tragic :(
  • richarddavies 23 Jun 2011 14:18:27 2,587 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I wish they could bring him back to life so I could have five minutes alone in a room with him.

Like a bit of rough eh?
  • Dirtbox 23 Jun 2011 14:19:01 77,480 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You don't half come out with some shit, swiss.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• sport 23 Jun 2011 14:19:25 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We could move onto the discussion of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good?
  • Rhythm 23 Jun 2011 14:21:15 2,471 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit much to kill someone for stealing an "h"
  • ecureuil 23 Jun 2011 14:22:26 76,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Link.

I cannot believe Burglars have any sort of rights, even not to be attacked...

I think the law is designed to protect the innocent. I mean, what if you went to the wrong house, were mistakenly on someone else's property, and end up getting killed over what was just an honest mistake? If we could legally kill people who trespass on our property, the worry is that innocent people would die.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2011 14:25:22
    I'm quite happy to sit in the camp that says you should be allowed to defend yourself and your property. However, I won't comment and this particular case until I've read some more as stabbed to death sounds a bit...

I will put this out there now while people are gathering their straw, protection of property from burglars by way of force is not about protecting your Xbox from someone walking off with it, it is about protecting yourself and your family from the fucking horrible fear that is someone coming in and (hopefully) just robbing you.
  • nickthegun 23 Jun 2011 14:25:55 58,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    srsly though, before pants are bunch, they were arrested, not convicted, with the arrest being fairly standard in cases where people are STABBED TO DEATH.

Its easy to jump to conclusions both ways but he fact is that the law defines defending yourself with excessive force illegal. The fuzz are now going to decide whether knifing someone was excessive, which it possibly could have been despite this families home being their castle.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 23 Jun 2011 14:26:39 43,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to invite Ka-Blamo round to my house, then brutally murder him and call the police. When the fuzz turn up to find me skullfucking his corpse I'll say I caught him breaking in and refer them to the OP.

And then get on with the skullfuckery until the explosion of jizz pops his eyes out and forces brain matter through his ears.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• generica 23 Jun 2011 14:26:48 4,273 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The real criminals are those who create the material conditions which encourage petty crime to exist. I'm sorry if I sound like a cliché saying that but I find this whole story a distraction from that important point. Why does crime exist?
  • generica 23 Jun 2011 14:28:03 4,273 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And why do people read shitty papers like the Telegraph?
  • Ka-blamo 23 Jun 2011 14:28:41 7,295 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Link.

I cannot believe Burglars have any sort of rights, even not to be attacked...

I think the law is designed to protect the innocent. I mean, what if you went to the wrong house, were mistakenly on someone else's property, and end up getting killed over what was just an honest mistake? If we could legally kill people who trespass on our property, the worry is that innocent people would die.

There are obviously gray areas and exceptions, like everything else on the planet.....but the one we're talking about was 4 men in balaclavas wearing black entering the house.

"At least one stab wound" a policeman said on the news, so if it's one stab wound....then that seems different to me, stabbed to death seems like they were peppered, but we'll wait and see.
  • Dirtbox 23 Jun 2011 14:29:15 77,480 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    generica wrote:
    And why do people read shitty papers like the Telegraph?
    More to the point, why do people read shitty posts like yours?

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• cianchristopher 23 Jun 2011 14:29:37 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stabbing him to death is such a pussy-assed thing to do! Why didn't they strip him down and pour acid on his balls, then behead him slowly with a dull blade.

Now that's mob justice right there! And there's no justice like mob justice.
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Jun 2011 14:29:38 23,390 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    generica wrote:

The real criminals are those who create the material conditions which encourage petty crime to exist. I'm sorry if I sound like a cliché saying that but I find this whole story a distraction from that important point. Why does crime exist?

Eh? So it's the homeowner's fault he gets robbed because he had a shit load of expensive stuff inside?

My look back at one of the best sequels ever: Uncharted 2.

• kalel 23 Jun 2011 14:30:25 86,437 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's fairly important that everybody has the same basic rights, otherwise you get into messy situations with people kidnapping burglars and keeping them as sex slaves etc.

Those basic rights include the right to defend and protect yourself btw, before anyone thinks I'm "siding" with the burglar.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last

Previous