Kickstarter Projects Page 11

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• Psychotext 24 Jul 2013 10:43:50 52,797 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Satellite Reign has 5 days left and is *nearly* at its goal.

I implore everyone who would love a REAL successor to Syndicate to pledge, as it looks utterly awesome.
    Does look cool.
  • grey_matters 24 Jul 2013 12:40:24 3,384 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    mal wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    Pledges have crawled to a stop now. They'll have to introduce a $650 pledge to keep things moving, I reckon. I like the concept though (depending on the CPU/RAM speed).
    Bear in mind west coast America is still only just getting to work. But yeah, the cheaper pledge was a pull it seems.
    Yep, but it was near $3M last night so I'd imagine a good amount of west coasters were buying yesterday after work. Momentum seems to be a major factor in these things. If they introduce more price levels I could see them getting up to $12M+ but Shuttleworth is likely going to have to put his hand in his pocket to finish this, if he wants it completed.
    And they've done just that. 1250 units each at $625, $675, and $725. Would've gone at least double that myself but there is likely to be some movement now at least.

Edited by grey_matters at 12:45:43 24-07-2013
  • Mr-Brett 2 Aug 2013 19:37:28 12,676 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Biome Blox

"BIOME BLOX is a new product that fills a void between high end modeling dioramas (for gamer enthusiasts) and common industry standard building blocks (that have captured the imaginations of millions worldwide). BIOME BLOX blend the best of both worlds to bring you a set of nearly indestructible blocks that look great, and their design makes it very quick and easy to setup exquisitely realistic scenes & terrain!"

Disclaimer: I have been involved in this, I don't directly benefit from it but thought I should mention it.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Triggerhappytel 6 Aug 2013 16:56:06 2,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ghost Song

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=Ghost+song+

Basically, a Metroid equivalent. Looks awesome, I'm in for $25.
  • Metalfish 6 Aug 2013 16:59:18 8,691 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr-Brett Probably better off mentioning that to the LEGO LEGO LEGO thread.
  • spamdangled 12 Aug 2013 20:11:23 27,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Legend of Iya has been successfully funded!

Hurrah!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/523651724/legend-of-iya?ref=live

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• CaptainKerbal 12 Aug 2013 22:50:47 335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    @Mr-Brett Probably better off mentioning that to the LEGO LEGO LEGO thread.
    Whoah! Sounds a bit like you are suggesting non-lego bricks with lego ??

Seriously though, the general appeal of Lego building is doing it with the bricks Lego make.

I think that Blome thing is a good idea, just that they should be pitching it at the wargaming market and getting a better solution than bricks to support the tiles.

Also, as a word of caution, the time frames they are talking about are off by miles in terms of manufacturing - there are establised wargaming scenery makers that take more than a month to get one product made, let alone multiples. The last project they did shipped 6 months late and still hasnt actually delivered anything.

Anyhow, did anyone else back Warmachine Tactics ?
  • Psychotext 13 Aug 2013 16:17:14 52,797 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any of you Kickstarter experts know if there's a way of showing just the UK kickstarters? You can do it by city, but that's of limited use.

Basically I wanted to have a browse around the food related kickstarters but realised that there was absolutely no point as 99% of them were US based.
  • YenRug 31 Aug 2013 21:36:54 1,757 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had this one show up in the Indiegogo e-mail newsletter:

http://igg.me/at/adventuros/x/1227228

Explore a unique RPG/metroidvania adventure based on the content of your computer.

AdventureOS is an 2.5D RPG/Metroidvania adventure based game that is entirely auto-generated by the content (folders and files) of your computer. Each room, object, enemy, puzzle, key, treasure, boss... Is actually an interpretation of the files you can find on the computer where the game is running, making each adventure as exciting as exclusive for each user.

Though the top comment on the YouTube page does make you wonder...

tuberoako777 4 days ago

Not sure if awesome cool indie game.. or NSA sponsored spyware.

*tinfoils*
  • Dizzy 2 Sep 2013 13:22:51 2,443 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another Rogue-like but with a twist:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/adventuros

I like the concept :)

Oh beaten by previous post.

Edited by Dizzy at 13:23:10 02-09-2013
  • Widge Moderator 2 Sep 2013 13:54:25 12,600 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Be interesting to see what this makes of my 200GB of audio files!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• YenRug 2 Sep 2013 14:14:18 1,757 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/556341540/pressy-the-almighty-android-button

Pressy is a tiny physical button that connects to your phone through the headphone jack.

Connecting the Pressy Button with the free Pressy app lets you easily customize and use your favorite, everyday actions. For example, if you use your flashlight on regular basis, set a Click-combination the app for turning on your flashlight and start clicking the Button!

Getting started using Pressy couldn’t be any easier. Plug the Pressy Button to the headphone jack, download the free app, and you’re good to go. Click the Pressy button and see your phone’s flashlight turn on. Click it again and it turns off. As simple as that.

Pressy comes with 3 pre-set Actions, but once you get the hang of things you can customize clicking behavior and trigger dozens of different actions.

Edited by YenRug at 14:15:20 02-09-2013
  • mal 3 Sep 2013 15:15:56 21,979 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, old news but Keiji Inafune wants to make an unofficial Mega Man sequel:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Popped up at the weekend, and it's already made it's funding target and is now ploughing through the stretch goals. I'd suggest this might be of interest if you like your retro gaming.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Oh-Bollox 5 Sep 2013 18:25:42 5,094 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630156127/nidus-gaming-centre-newcastle-upon-tyne - for those of us up north.
  • mal 12 Sep 2013 16:57:02 21,979 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gotham/fortified-bike-lights-that-last-forever-we-promise

I have one of their front lights from their prevous Kickstarter campaign, and it's super slick, well engineered and so far still attached to my bike despite never taking it off. If I didn't have it, or had space on my seatpost for a rear light, I'd be all over this project.

• Bleh 12 Sep 2013 17:52:06 233 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    General Chaos II, do I need to say more :-P
  • grayn 12 Sep 2013 21:01:24 339 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A heads up of sorts - remember James Pond? It's getting a kickstarter on the 20th. No idea if it's a remake or a new game or whatever, and no idea who's behind it, but they have the twitters: @jamespondgame
  • Mr-Brett 4 Oct 2013 21:46:32 12,676 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Magnet Pen

This one is mighty tempting, I love messing about with stuff like this.

• Kanjin 5 Oct 2013 17:46:29 961 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blooming heck, magnet pen has more backing than many game projects!
  • mal 23 Oct 2013 17:59:55 21,979 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interesting project from some WRC engineers - a bluetooth audio receiver for playing music through your hifi. Cheap enough too - the 35 quid early bird specials have all gone, but 50 quid's not too bad for what you get. I can vouch for the Wolfson amp they're using. There's one inside the Pandora, and that has simply awesome audio out through decent headphones.

Their manufacturing plan looks a little optimistic to me. Only a week for sample runs for the case? Pff! Almost everything in that plan looks likely to slip to me, but at least they're looking at doing enough stuff in parallel, so delays shouldn't stack up too badly like on other projects I've seen (Pandora, cough).

• YenRug 25 Oct 2013 17:30:52 1,757 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ico in reverse? "The Girl and The Robot" is apparently going up on Kickstarter on Tuesday, just reading up on it at the moment:

Devveloper page

Vimeo video of alpha footage
  • faux_carnation 25 Oct 2013 17:46:54 8,496 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've backed three(!) recently:

The Mandate

Greedy Wizards (it's a card game)

Night in the Woods

• Mr-Brett 29 Oct 2013 10:03:05 12,676 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This one looks cool. Sentris

• RunningMan 29 Oct 2013 11:33:32 2,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @faux_carnation, ta, the mandate looks very interesting, shall back that
  • YenRug 29 Oct 2013 23:50:02 1,757 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Girl and The Robot has gone live, I've just jumped in at CAD$75. Not quite sure why, it just seems to be appealing to me on an unexpected level.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039811773/the-girl-and-the-robot

Edited by YenRug at 23:50:14 29-10-2013
  • Psychotext 29 Oct 2013 23:51:14 52,797 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds sexy.
  • the_dudefather 29 Oct 2013 23:57:16 8,977 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Backed Dropsy a few days ago, looks pretty nice

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

Dialogue free adventure game with a creepy clown and some cool lookin art

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Kanjin 29 Oct 2013 23:59:32 961 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've jumped in for the Phoenix Project. Not so sure how a indie-MMO is gonna work out but they number of updates before funding has even finished is encouraging.
  • mal 30 Oct 2013 03:04:11 21,979 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yay! My copy of the Sensi book is here!

Quite nicely put together. The first 60% of the book is 70% of the pages in black and white on cheap-looking paper, but the remainder is all the pictures on slightly heavier nicely finished and very white paper.

Oddly, the book is credited to Gary Penn (ex. Zzap, and IIRC Edge circa issue 100). All communication on the project has been from a Darren Wall, who's an editor on the project, and I don't recall Gary's name being mentioned - but I don't mind Gary's writing, and 99% of the text takes the form of written up interviews anyway. Should keep me entertained for a while.

• Moot_Point 2 Nov 2013 20:04:56 3,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Has anyone played the beta of War for the Overworld (dungeon keeper 2 remake)? Are those who have happy with it?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Page

of 13 First / Last