Kickstarter Projects Page 7

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• MikeP 2 Nov 2012 15:04:01 1,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Quick bump for Jim Rossignol and Big Robot, who are making "Sir, You Are Being Hunted".

They're up on the UK Kickstarter, looking for £40,000 to get it done. Things seem to be going well, with a quarter of the total already raised. Don't let that stop you.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1499900830/sir-you-are-being-hunted

Edited by MikeP at 15:05:32 02-11-2012

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• Dr.Haggard 2 Nov 2012 16:02:18 4,180 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah saw on RPS this morning, I was already excited about Sir so backed it without a second thought (well apart from a brief struggle between my desire for a Talisman doll thingy and the desire not to spend £100, which the latter won).
  • howlingmoongames 2 Nov 2012 21:15:26 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Howling Moon Games launches Kickstarter Campaign for Spacecore
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/695341220/spacecore

Spacecore is a tower defense game extended into simulation, strategy, and Roleplaying. In Spacecore you run a private galactic police force; taking the motto of “protect and serve” into space. Under military contract and extreme political scrutiny the player must watch over their expanding jurisdiction.

To create a flow between features the game has three areas including conflict zones, hangar deck and the galactic office.

If you have any questions or comments let us know. We will be updating the page regularly answering any questions, and providing updates as well.

Thanks,

Howling Moon Games
  • Groszq 3 Nov 2012 11:50:28 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello!
    I would like to present you Gloria Victis project. It just started on Kickstarter! It is the first MMORPG placed in Middle Ages. Just cold steel, medieval equipment! The project is created for almost a year, without a budget. We decided to start on the Kickstarter to speed up the work and achieve ambitious goals. We are writing to you to state our support for the creation of this game. You are the ones who can help by giving the world that we exist. We also need the supporting people through these 30 days. Thanks to media we have a chance to get the opinion of wide audience and raise the money necessary to finish the game.

Here's the link:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1688404825/gloria-victis-dark-medieval-mmorpg
    Best regards,

Black Eye Games
  • monkehhh 3 Nov 2012 13:55:58 3,298 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The tech on Sui Generis looks pretty impressive. Sir, You Are Being Hunted being a RPS project means I might make it the first Kickstarter I back.
  • ResidentKnievel 6 Nov 2012 10:29:17 6,184 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elite kickstarter.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Immaterial 6 Nov 2012 12:48:04 1,337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New Kickstarter in town.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 10:42:53
    A new RPG coming to Dreamcast, PC, Xbox 360, Linux and Mac :D http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and
  • Dirtbox 7 Nov 2012 11:20:35 77,762 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I will never understand why anyone would actually want to play a turn based RPG through choice.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• coastal 7 Nov 2012 12:00:14 5,382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sir looks beautiful. Procedural environments always get me excited.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• YenRug 7 Nov 2012 17:26:15 2,133 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I will never understand why anyone would actually want to play a turn based RPG through choice.
    Some people prefer to use their brains, rather than their reflexes.
  • Ginger 9 Nov 2012 15:46:23 6,830 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Totally unrelated to gaming, but I just backed This project.

It's a desk based calendar with historical and future events from fiction marked on it . I just liked the idea of it, and for £10, I figured why the hell not.

London open taekwondo champion

• mal 10 Nov 2012 03:34:14 22,473 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers Ginger, why the hell not indeed - that's my first 'Art' backing, so I've now filled in six of the thirteen profile wheel segments. Nearly half-way!

Not a kickstarter, but it is a fixed funding campaign on IndieGoGo so basically the same idea as kickstarter - you don't get charged if it doesn't meet the target - is the PengPod (or PengPad as I keep misreading the logo). It's a cheap-ish powerful-ish hackable-ish open-source-ish tablet computer. It runs Android, or (more interesting from my PoV) Linux with the Plasma Active interface, which looks to me like a good way to do real computer stuff on a touch-based interface. Rather pleasantly, the hardware doesn't seem to be crippled in terms of connectivity like most tablets - it's got an SD card slot, a standard USB OTG port, HDMI out, camera, headphones, speakers, does wifi (hopefully at least 802.11g), 1080p playback (not sure if the HDMI does 1080p or just 1080i, like the mini computer they're doing). It's an interesting proposition for sure, I just have to convince myself I actually want a tablet computer.

Back on Kickstarter, the Service Games (SEGA) book looks to be cutting it a bit fine.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• RobTheBuilder 10 Nov 2012 03:45:05 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dirtbox because you get involved in the story, and the process of building your characters up is enjoyable.

I'm not a huge fan of most RPG's myself, but I suggest Paper Mario (GC) as a good starter to see how they can be fun.
  • Doomspoon 10 Nov 2012 04:12:45 2,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Like Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves The World and Costume Quest? Damned right!

;)

Edited by Doomspoon at 04:13:47 10-11-2012
  • El_MUERkO 18 Nov 2012 21:27:25 16,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sui Generis certainly has potential. The GFX engine is amazing and the physics based combat could make for awesome fights. Still think they jumped the gun going to kickstarter without more meat on the bone.

Well worth a tenner from any RPG fans who want to see some evolution in the genre.
  • Ginger 20 Nov 2012 20:08:30 6,830 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Call me stupid, but I just signed up to the 1Q speaker. Looks lovely, haven't had a chance to listen to the video though so no idea how good it will be. The companies previous speakers all seem to be well received though.
    so after prevaricating, dropping down to $1 and then emailing them after the deadline to get back in again, my 1Q speaker arrived in the post today and its lovely. My first succesful kickstarter reward and its a beaut. The things tiny, but certainly goes nice and loud with no distortion that I can pick up.

Planning to use it in the car to save upgrading my stereo to something with Bluetooth so was in fact a bargain :)

• the_dudefather 21 Nov 2012 22:13:59 9,288 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GODUS

Peter Molyneux and 22Cans want to make a sort of Populous game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• DaM 21 Nov 2012 22:32:43 13,000 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Ginger wrote:
    Call me stupid, but I just signed up to the 1Q speaker. Looks lovely, haven't had a chance to listen to the video though so no idea how good it will be. The companies previous speakers all seem to be well received though.
    so after prevaricating, dropping down to $1 and then emailing them after the deadline to get back in again, my 1Q speaker arrived in the post today and its lovely. My first succesful kickstarter reward and its a beaut. The things tiny, but certainly goes nice and loud with no distortion that I can pick up.

Planning to use it in the car to save upgrading my stereo to something with Bluetooth so was in fact a bargain :)
    That looks excellent, might pick a full price one up for Xmas!

I think Kickstarter and Peter Molyneaux were made for each other, he's happy as a pig in shit with the freedom :)
  • Ginger 22 Nov 2012 11:52:55 6,830 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EatMyCow wrote:
    So molyneuxs in the kickstarter game. I hope he doesn't ruin it for everyone else with unfulfilled promises, taking it away from people with little funds and lots of talent.
    He wouldn't be the first on kickstarter to do that

• Dr.Haggard 28 Nov 2012 10:21:18 4,180 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sui Generis is ending in about 40 hours and it doesn't look like they'll make it. Asking for £150k was a bit silly, but they're actually pretty close.

If it doesn't miraculously attract another £30k in the next two days I hope they'll find a way to continue with the project, it looks really promising.
  • telboy007 29 Nov 2012 17:04:20 430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well Sui Generis is 9k down and has 9 hours left... its so close!

5,972 backers
    £141,867 pledged of £150,000 goal
    9 hours to go

I think this one is worth saving, looks intriguing.

Edited by telboy007 at 17:05:12 29-11-2012

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• Rajin 29 Nov 2012 20:38:53 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @telboy007

It has reached it's goal, looks very interesting. However, i hope that your character's moveset changes based on your skill with a designated weapon. Strenght and agility could also play a interesting role with heavy armour making you slower.

The way the character currently uses it's sword is as if you have never used a sword. After hours of playing this would seem both unrealistic and in my opinion, annoying.

The tech used is very very impressive, i will certainly follow the release and reception of this kickstarter project.

Edited by Rajin at 20:39:49 29-11-2012
  • ResidentKnievel 29 Nov 2012 21:04:42 6,184 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They've really created a great game engine there, if I wasn't tight on funds I would back them as it looks like they've got a good foundation to kick on from to create a good game.

In one of the videos they explain their top priority is to hire an animator so the comedic drunken fighting probably won't be in the final game.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 21:09:58 29-11-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Garfy 29 Nov 2012 21:11:58 682 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just a few hours to go on 'Turn to 400' the fighting fantasy documentary.

Turn to 400

Edited by Garfy at 21:12:19 29-11-2012
  • telboy007 30 Nov 2012 10:44:50 430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rajin I think (and it was only a throw away comment by a guy in one of their vids) that this is all the work of a guy who doesn't do animation, they're planning on getting someone in to tweak all of that.

If that is the case, I have high hopes for their project. :)

Edit: Beaten to the punch! :D

Edited by telboy007 at 10:45:41 30-11-2012

Edited by telboy007 at 10:46:06 30-11-2012

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• Mr-Brett 9 Dec 2012 19:03:27 12,777 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld"http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">War for the Overworld
    Like Dungeon Keeper but not called Dungeon Keeper. They took the uncommon approach of having a good trailer for most of their video instead a boring waffle-y video full of cringing amateur dramatics, a bold move. It looks decent though.

Dream
    Luckily these guys kept much more to the script and interspersed their game footage with their slightly awkward explanations of something or other, I dunno I stopped listening. The game is a first person exploration/survival/puzzle/something and looks interesting.

Portable view - Never forget.

• fshock 11 Dec 2012 16:37:17 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Indie game creator's new Browser based game. Really good as for one man army. Support and check information here
  • Page

of 13 First / Last