Kickstarter Projects Page 6

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• YenRug 28 Sep 2012 22:59:24 2,448 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just coming to give another "nudge" for Arakion.

It's almost 4/5 of the way to its target and 8 days left; not a huge budget, either, just $25K, for something that's got a nice unique style. I know I'd like to see it running on my PC, in the future, so spread the word if you can't afford to pitch in yourself.
  • YenRug 2 Oct 2012 14:43:24 2,448 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arakion hit its target in the early hours of this morning, so that's another Kickstarter project underway. There was an update around 12:30am saying that there were 4 days to go and that they were close, so keep on spreading the word; just after 6:00am there was another update, saying the target had been passed. Not sure how much further they had to go when the earlier update was posted, but the tone of the message suggested it was still touch and go, so I'm a little curious if someone jumped in with a large pledge.
  • Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 11:50:40 12,897 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the words "old school RPG" are said about 300 times in the video for this one.
    They're asking for $1m and have nothing to show at the moment so it'll be interesting to see how far they can get with promises alone.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Machetazo 11 Oct 2012 20:57:15 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there not a dedicated Project Eternity by Obsidian thread? Oh, what the hey! They release a first environment screenshot today: see it here (screeny too big to img tag it in here)

Also, the next 1m in Stretch Goals has been posted. In the case that they reach 3.4m before the ks closes, a second "big town" (an example is given of Baldur's Gate for what they mean) can be added. For a 3m total, player controlled strongholds can be added (expansion of player houses concept, which the funding has already allowed to be included). New reward tiers are also added. project kickstarter page

Edited by Machetazo at 20:59:22 11-10-2012
  • spamdangled 11 Oct 2012 20:58:13 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hang on, that's a screenshot? Are you sure? It looks like concept art.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Machetazo 11 Oct 2012 21:00:22 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Hang on, that's a screenshot? Are you sure? It looks like concept art.
    Environment Screenshot of Project Eternity
    that's what it's labeled as, on the page.
  • spamdangled 11 Oct 2012 21:02:20 27,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think it's been mislabelled then. I'll eat my hat if that's a genuine screenshot.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Ziz0u 12 Oct 2012 11:10:49 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm going to hold you to that.
  • DamianDivine 13 Oct 2012 20:56:39 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello everyone!
    There is an interesting game launched at Kickstarter that needs your support.

Divine Space is a hard science fiction space game in the genre of adventure/quest ARPG, with real-time combat and action set in the future. It as a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers; this is simple gameplay comparable to Dark Orbit, with excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing Divine Space, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

However, this in no way converts the game into a boring educational manual. Battles, trading, travel, explorations, figuring out secrets, and surprising discoveries await gamers in the Divine Space universe.

Back DS at Kickstarter here
    Visit DS site here

Hope EG team will make a review and help Divine Space to reach it's goal.

Edited by DamianDivine at 20:57:03 13-10-2012
  • Moot_Point 14 Oct 2012 20:45:39 4,624 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is everyone aware there is a Xenonauts Demo linked on the Kickstarter homepage for the game? Free to anyone who wants to try it.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Mr-Brett 18 Oct 2012 20:40:02 12,897 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blackspace didn't make it :(
    A damn shame but they seem to know what they're doing, I'm sure they'll find a way to get it out there.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Doomspoon 18 Oct 2012 21:11:33 2,518 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've posted this in its own thread but I'll add it here too:

Strike Suit Zero a space shooter in the style of Wing Commander, X-Wing, Freespace, Colony Wars etc by Guildford based Born Ready Games. You pilot a transforming mech much like Macross/Robotech "ship and craft designs come courtesy of Junji Okubo, who has previously lent his talents to Steel Battalion, Infinite Space, Appleseed: Ex Machina and Viperís Creed."

The earlier builds of the game have been playable at Rezzed and the Eurogamer Expo. I've not had chance to try it but the previous footage has looked really good.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Oct 2012 21:18:14 39,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh yeah, I REALLY enjoyed that at the Expo.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• RunningMan 19 Oct 2012 16:01:31 2,451 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like Haunts is not going to give me anything. Even made the bbc!
  • Drendari 19 Oct 2012 20:40:24 1 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Timber and Stone looks like an interesting kickstarter which could use some help. Still 15k away from it's modest 50k goal.

it's basically a Voxel based Dwarf Fortress and looks absolutely amazing...
  • DamianDivine 20 Oct 2012 22:23:27 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello, everyone.

We posted many big updates and telling stories about our development, answering to the questions and many other good stuff. Learn more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg/posts
  • Machetazo 22 Oct 2012 01:45:24 6,372 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mak.
    MaK is a physics playground - A sandbox world with engaging game modes built on top of it. We wanted to make something that gives you a sense of discovery and wonder - where creativity is king - a place to explore and experiment - to compete and cooperate - and to do it all with your friends. More than anything, we wanted to make something intensely fun. The major features that define the game experience, so far, stem from these concepts.

At its heart, MaK is a physics sandbox with tethers, rockets, engines, balloons, explosives, teleportation, relative gravity and potentially unlimited room for creativity.
    In this video the creators show the game:
    Their goal is 230,000 to enable them to complete work on the game, by shifting to focus on it full-time.
  • Ginger 22 Oct 2012 09:06:22 6,918 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Drendari wrote:
    Timber and Stone looks like an interesting kickstarter which could use some help. Still 15k away from it's modest 50k goal.

it's basically a Voxel based Dwarf Fortress and looks absolutely amazing...
    It has hit the target and still has a few days to go. I thought I'd have a punt, I love the idea of a DF type game, but cannot cope with ASCII graphics (I know, I know).

I'll be honest though, I have a feeling that it could be doomed to failure - it's going to give the guy 1 more year full time on it (realistically) and it's just him, and he has no composer...

Edited by Ginger at 09:11:27 22-10-2012

London open taekwondo champion

• mal 22 Oct 2012 11:13:59 22,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just spotted the Service Games book, an unofficial history of Sega written by fanboys for fanboys. It's an update of the original site in book form, and while it seems rather biased in places even to me, it does seem to be a more complete history than I've read elsewhere. Certainly should be something to interest you there if you were a fan of Sega back in the day. The cheapest tier to include the book is $25 (paperback, b&w, intl. shipping).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DamianDivine 23 Oct 2012 10:04:53 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello guys!

Just a little update: we reworked our main video and project description. Check it out, it should be a lot more clear now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-fi-space-arpg

Also, there is a soundtracks demo-reel, good listening to you.
  • mal 25 Oct 2012 12:31:27 22,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wheee! Got my Gotham Industries bike light. Very smart it is too. Just a shame my bike is currently out of action for the next month or so.

• Razz 25 Oct 2012 12:59:18 61,660 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is that the one shaped like a revolver barrel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Dr.Haggard 26 Oct 2012 18:41:16 4,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ooh, a Banner Saga: Factions beta key just appeared in my inbox. I'm far more interested in the single player game than this multiplayer combat appetiser, but that won't stop me downloading it excitedly :)
  • mal 28 Oct 2012 15:39:55 22,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Is that the one shaped like a revolver barrel?
    Yes, it is :)

In other news, that Service Games book is now set to be available as an ebook only for $10 in case you were dithering and own an e-reader. Which is handy as the $25 paperback reward tier has sold out and the cheapest physical reward is now $30.

• OtakuMan 28 Oct 2012 16:17:35 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I feel pretty silly right now.

There I was, whipping up a rather lengthy description of the Shadowgate KickStarter here on its own thread:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/243703

When what I should have done was started conversation and discussion about it here!

Whoops.

Oh well, live and learn. :)
  • JoeBlade 28 Oct 2012 17:03:45 2,664 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @OtakuMan Looks interesting, it reminds me of the choose your own adventure books.

Nothing wrong with promoting your own game on here by the way, this is a games site after all. As long as you're honest about your involvement people won't mind :)

Also, you may want to post a direct link to the main kickstarter page. I got there easily enough via the sound design one but it just seems a bit odd not to include it.
  • mal 28 Oct 2012 17:56:56 22,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is there any chance of a Linux version of Shadowgate? And if I wanted a copy of that would I need to pledge for the 'Initiate' or 'Apprentice' levels if you were to decide to offer that reward?

• OtakuMan 28 Oct 2012 19:11:39 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @JoeBlade Thanks for the tip! It's so easy to overlook the simplest of things sometimes! :)

I've added a link to the primary page in a reply.

Also, if you want to see some examples of how the game played, here's a sample of one of my favorite Shadowgate "Let's Play" videos:

I advise turning the close caption/subtitles on. They are QUITE amusing! :) Enjoy!
  • OtakuMan 28 Oct 2012 19:16:08 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mal Linux has been highly requested, and Dave is already talking with our Lead Programmer to figure out what it would take to get a Linux version made. I don't know all the details, but I think the trickiest part would be the need to make a separate game engine for the Linux version. And I think in order to do that, we need to go beyond the $120,000 target to be able to fund the development of a Linux compatible engine.

I could be wrong on that, but I think that's what the dev team have been talking about.

And fun fact: The 2nd most requested platform has been, interestingly enough, the 3DS!
  • mal 28 Oct 2012 21:26:04 22,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, it depends what you mean by engine exactly. For a traditional game engine that handles game logic it should be fairly straightforward to recompile it I'd have thought, but the bits that handle keyboard events, sound and graphics will likely need to be rewritten. However, that's true for your existing platforms of PC, Mac and Android (ignoring iOS for a moment, since that seems to be likely to be a bigger task), so any engineer worth their salt would be designing those elements to be abstracted away into pluggable innable units. You may even get some free code from those other platforms, but I don't know enough about coding on other platforms (or coding games for that matter) to comment. But I'm sure your coders know what they're doing and know all that anyway.

It's fair to say that at least some extra work will be needed so it seems fair to me to make it a stretch goal. I note you are being fairly tight lipped on your stretch goals so far, though since you're almost at a third of your target already I guess those will be coming sooner rather than later.

• Page

of 13 First / Last