Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 3

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 17:18:29 12,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if we'll be able to get some inter-forum warfare again when this comes out, it should re-ignite some interest.

Portable view - Never forget.

• ronuds 21 Jun 2011 17:19:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would think so! I've been playing more BC2 lately in preparation.

Gotta keep mah skillz honed. :)
  • Renal1ty. 21 Jun 2011 17:20:39 702 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm buying both versions so can I be part of your console family? Pleaseeeeeeeee. : )
  • thenastypasty 21 Jun 2011 17:25:39 5,180 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Personally I'm looking forward to EG only matches!

• ronuds 21 Jun 2011 17:28:41 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I get stabbed a lot more in EG only matches. :/
  • thenastypasty 21 Jun 2011 17:32:59 5,180 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    I get stabbed/shot/blown up a lot more in EG only matches. :/

Fixed!
  • Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 17:34:03 12,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Renal1ty, of course you're welcome. I may also buy both versions (360 and PC) but I'll be doing most of my MP on 360 of course. Viva La EGGMILF!

• ronuds 21 Jun 2011 17:45:21 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    I get stabbed/shot/blown up a lot more in EG only matches. :/

Fixed!

That's a fair fix. :p
  • fletch7100 21 Jun 2011 18:50:59 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    rematch against H8R day one BF3 comes out :)
  • Mr-Brett 21 Jun 2011 19:07:40 12,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know where the door is.
    ;)

• Deleted user 21 June 2011 19:23:12
    Imma be all over this shit on release.

That's if I still have a job come October. :/
  • Vortex808 21 Jun 2011 19:44:44 7,083 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Personally I'm looking forward to EG only matches!

Definitely. The all EG games of BFBC2 were one of my gaming highlight of last year.

Had plenty of good EG games with Brink and Gears 2/3 this year, but that's only been one side of EGers as opposed to the all EG warfare of BC2. Which as has already been mentioned, lead to much more mines/C4/knife related death than most random matches I played in.

Watching opposing teams of randoms disappear after a match having met an EG side who absolutely steamrolled through them was also a lot of fun.
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 13:56:07 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    new info from the web

http://enterbf3.com/

shows scans from PS3 mag about BF3

A common occurrence in many shooter games is a delay when shooting freshly revived enemies. The bullets hit, but don't kill, resulting in the enemy turning around and taking you down. So, a curious community member Cpackrun went ahead and asked Demize99 about this to see if Battlefield 3 will solve this annoying problem. The answer is yes, you can kill someone who was just revived in Battlefield 3.

Plus large scaled maps, bigger than BC2 size and closer to BF2 size maps are in. So massive open scaled vehicle battles on those conquest maps

plus this site http://battlefieldo.com/

Battlefield 3 senior gameplay designer Alan Kertz, aka Demize99, confirmed earlier this morning on Twitter that squad members can indeed only spawn on their Squad Leader, going back to the classic Battlefield 2 system, but Squad Leaders will be able to spawn on any of their squad members, providing a nice compromise between the squad systems from the Bad Company games and those of older Battlefield titles.

http://bf3blog.com/

Snipers to get bipods for sniper rifles, hopefully it will be some sort of unlock so they are weakened in another area
  • thenastypasty 23 Jun 2011 14:24:13 5,180 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure I like the idea of only being able to spawn on the squad leader, half the time he maybe dead and you end up spawnning miles away from the action.
  • andytheadequate 23 Jun 2011 14:28:19 8,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, seems a strange move. BF is at its worst when spawning miles away, imagine the frustration of having a wookie squad leader?
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 14:35:00 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    some people at E3 were saying the following

That the squad leader was changing, was going to the person who was living the longest in your squad. that may change or there may be voting system for choosing your leader or kicking system if your squad leader is crap

plus more tactics, got to work as a team more protect your leader, plus that leader has to take more responsibility for the team if he is their forward spawn point. ie giving out instructions maybe. the other 3 doing the heavy fighting he is moping up the rest giving out info that sort of thing

example Squad leader can be support suppressing a target sitting back see everything that is going on as rest of his squad flanks the target to finish them off/ clear the MCOM etc

• cianchristopher 23 Jun 2011 14:36:55 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope they use a pre-baked alpha-to-coverage throughpass on the anti-aliasing this time. I don't want anymore fucking deferred rendering, when we could be getting 1.2x the pixels with a blended distortion field.

720p
  • andytheadequate 23 Jun 2011 14:38:02 8,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But the person who lives the longest will probably be the camping wookie. Who would want to spawn on Dc every time they die and have to run for 10 minutes to get back to the action? :D
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 14:38:19 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    plus the squad leader can spawn on anyone so if the squad works well together and doesn't all get wiped out trying to infiltrate the enemy base then no dramas
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 14:39:43 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yeah but he may just rage quit as he has to spend the time unfolding his bipods for his rifle then holding down the button to hold his breath in game for a steady shot :)
  • AcidSnake 23 Jun 2011 14:41:50 7,242 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hereby propose that I'm not going to be squad leader...I hate staying still...

Does mean my infiltrations will be less important as no-one can spawn in as backup...
    I'd have to arm and defend by myself...

Wonder if they'll still let you see where your teammates are...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 14:41:55 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the best way would be BF2 or BF2142 way, whoever created the squad is squad leader i believe.
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 14:44:07 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    I hereby propose that I'm not going to be squad leader...I hate staying still...

Does mean my infiltrations will be less important as no-one can spawn in as backup...
    I'd have to arm and defend by myself...

Wonder if they'll still let you see where your teammates are...

well the squad leader will be able to spawn on you, once he is in then the other 2 squad mates can spawn on him
  • AcidSnake 23 Jun 2011 14:58:47 7,242 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, right...
    Isn't the bipod there to remove the necessity to hold your breath before the shot?...Would be a fair trade-off...
    Running and gunning snipers need to hold their breath whilst proper camping snipers have their bipod but can't quickly move...
    No more dancing left and right whilst sniping...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 23 Jun 2011 15:36:42 8,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Oh, right...
    Isn't the bipod there to remove the necessity to hold your breath before the shot?...Would be a fair trade-off...
    Running and gunning snipers need to hold their breath whilst proper camping snipers have their bipod but can't quickly move...
    No more dancing left and right and falling off a building whilst sniping...

Added a bit for you!

@CC- I also get the temptation to say that every time I see the title of the thread!

@Fletch- Dc only rage quits when he gets killed by UAVs repeatedly
  • AcidSnake 23 Jun 2011 15:39:27 7,242 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did enjoy DC's rage moment yesterday...
    "What? Are we just letting people get by us now? I was here and I got stabbed!"

And then someone calmly explaining that if he's on the left flank he's responsible for not letting people get past the left flank...

• Mr-Brett 23 Jun 2011 15:53:00 12,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thread title does need changing...

As for Squad leader, I'll be accepting applications to join my squad soon.

• AcidSnake 23 Jun 2011 15:54:34 7,242 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sir, yes sir!
    High speed, low drag!
    Hoorah!
    Same shit different day, sir!

• fletch7100 23 Jun 2011 15:55:32 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    favourite DC moment". Fucking game wont let me spot the chopper. Fucking piece of shit game" :) also on nelson bay," Fucking camping twat "
  • Page

of 514 First / Last