of 514 First / Last

• Tryhard 19 Mar 2013 11:53:56 3,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Play like this and you should have no trouble racking up pionts.:-P
  • Alastair 19 Mar 2013 12:06:24 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Basic tip - you can score many more points by playing the game* than just by killing people.

*chucking out medkits/ammo
    repairing
    spotting
    capping flags
    arming/disarming MCOMs

Not as nice as I used to be

• fletch7100 19 Mar 2013 12:15:34 6,203 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How to level up

Does contain some naughty adult words if you are at work :)
  • repairmanjack 19 Mar 2013 12:30:57 5,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    How to level up

Does contain some naughty adult words if you are at work :)
    That's brilliant. :D
  • ecureuil 19 Mar 2013 13:21:55 76,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The noob character from Battlefield Friends is amazing. The voice is perfect.
  • Alastair 22 Mar 2013 11:37:06 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonight is Battlefield night for me - missus is out! \o/

I hope to see some of you lovely chaps and chapesses on my friend feed later...

• SBfistfun 22 Mar 2013 12:02:06 121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll jump on if I can :)
  • agparrot 22 Mar 2013 12:06:18 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How late will you be on? I have promised to play lots of other games, but might forsake them for a bit of Alastair med-packing.

Did promise my chum to play a bit of BF co-op first, but would happily pew some pew, especially if it's Capture The Flag.
  • psychokitten Moderator 22 Mar 2013 12:07:55 7,791 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll try and get on later, but it probably won't be till late (as usual)
  • motti82 22 Mar 2013 12:42:28 2,818 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's late, post 10pm? Been playing loads of the new maps. CTF is refreshingly groovy as well. Just wish the Stingers were toned down a little.
  • agparrot 22 Mar 2013 12:45:06 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    motti82 wrote:
    What's late, post 10pm? Been playing loads of the new maps. CTF is refreshingly groovy as well. Just wish the Stingers were toned down a little.
    Yeah, there's always an offchance I'll be on a bit earlier, but likely to be 2200+
  • Alastair 22 Mar 2013 13:41:57 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After 10pm is OK for me. That'll give me an hour or so beforehand to try and remember how to play. And to actually take a peek around the new maps.

• SBfistfun 22 Mar 2013 13:55:03 121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ctf is indeed much fun.pity the mode isn't available on some of the other maps really
  • SBfistfun 23 Mar 2013 17:45:13 121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some good games last night,pity as usual the squad was split up though :(
  • Alastair 23 Mar 2013 20:00:02 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yep, I enjoyed it.
    Probably won't be on tonight, but should be tomorrow.

• Alastair 25 Mar 2013 08:07:42 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, last night I played some Air Superiority and some CTF.
    Air Superiority - played a few rounds but didn't really enjoy it. I like the way the game is implemented so that you can score points a la Conquest. However, I'm an atrocious pilot and don't really have a clue how to dogfight effectively. :(
    I did manage to unlock Heat Seekers, Stealth and the Belt Speed upgrades despite only getting one kill in three rounds.
    Undecided on whether to play any more of it. Part of me thinks I should keep going to get some practice and some more unlocks.

CTF - this was a bit more fun. But I need to understand where the scoring comes from. It seems like unless you are right in the thick of it grabbing the flag or shooting the guy with it you won't get much score.
    Did have a good moment with the Stinger - locked on to the chopper, saw him fire out flares, waited another couple of seconds, still locked on and fired. Boom! :)
    Perhaps some game time with EGers playing properly in a squad will help me get to grips.

All in all though, Friday and Sunday have left me feeling bitten by the bug again!

• Madder-Max 25 Mar 2013 09:48:29 11,578 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gave coop a go this morning with some random from saudi arabia. Its good fun but is it only a 2 player thing?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Alastair 25 Mar 2013 10:11:13 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Gave coop a go this morning with some random from saudi arabia. Its good fun but is it only a 2 player thing?
    Yes.
    I've played it with a mate. Quite enjoyed it - you need to use the chat in order to coordinate simultaneous hits.. We came unstuck on the Drop 'Em Like Liquid level.
    Main issue was that it took ages for us to arrange when we'd be online together. Otherwise I'm sure we'd have done all the missions.

• Alastair 26 Mar 2013 08:04:33 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had a great match last night - CQ on Operation Riverside. I like that map. CQ works better with 5 flags imo as there's a little more space to breathe and with a map like that there's more opportunity to 'get around the sides' and prevent one team totally dominating like in Metro.

Best moment was spawning on the US base to find two enemy choppers loitering around. Think they were shooting up the vehicles. I crouched behind a shed and stingered their arses out of the sky - very satisfying. :)
    Also managed to get my first ribbon for destroying enemy explosives. Is there any other way to do it apart from with a grenade?

• Madder-Max 26 Mar 2013 08:39:49 11,578 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah just shoot em. I did from a tank. Btw, anyone else got stationary combat ribbons from using the static aa guns? I did. That beach landing map. (Can't remember what its called, the one where u laubch dfrom the carrier). I joined when the other team were dominating conquest so just spent the match spraying suppressive fire on the beach, toook out some mofos and drove em back!

• Alastair 26 Mar 2013 08:42:51 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I tried to shoot them with my gun, then thought that maybe I didn't want to do that in case they exploded and killed me. They didn't hence I used a grenade.

I also tried to shoot an enemy's TUG thingy and that didn't work either.. I'm sure I've shot them in the past.

• SBfistfun 26 Mar 2013 09:20:46 121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I tried to shoot them with my gun, then thought that maybe I didn't want to do that in case they exploded and killed me. They didn't hence I used a grenade.

I also tried to shoot an enemy's TUG thingy and that didn't work either.. I'm sure I've shot them in the past.
    I think the hit box is out on. The TUG's,you have to shoot above them slightly.
  • Alastair 26 Mar 2013 09:47:41 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    That beach landing map. (Can't remember what its called, the one where u laubch dfrom the carrier).
    Noshar Canals?
    Or the other one, the name of which I cannot remember. And I cannot find a list of maps on battlefield.com...!

• agparrot 26 Mar 2013 10:07:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wake Island?

Everyone knows Wake Island though, so it can't be that, because nobody would forget what that was called!

;)
  • DugBriderider 26 Mar 2013 10:17:48 514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Alastair wrote:

Also managed to get my first ribbon for destroying enemy explosives. Is there any other way to do it apart from with a grenade?
    Mines can be shot with the magnum pistol, and CTF is full of mines, agreed the CQ Operation Riverside is the best experience I've had with End Game
  • Tryhard 26 Mar 2013 10:22:10 3,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Two weeks away, came back for one round on Caspian Conquest.To say the opposition was dullards would be insulting dullards.No skill, and no fun involved in killing these munchkins doing nothing but laying around in bushes, so turned off again.Yawn.
  • Madder-Max 26 Mar 2013 10:22:22 11,578 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    That beach landing map. (Can't remember what its called, the one where u laubch dfrom the carrier).
    Noshar Canals?
    Or the other one, the name of which I cannot remember. And I cannot find a list of maps on battlefield.com...!
    Its the one with olive fort and veterans retreat

• Tryhard 26 Mar 2013 10:24:22 3,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gulf of Oman.
  • Derblington 26 Mar 2013 10:29:49 20,987 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Da-dun dun da-dun-dun...
  • Alastair 26 Mar 2013 10:33:44 15,007 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Two weeks away, came back for one round on Caspian Conquest.To say the opposition was dullards would be insulting dullards.No skill, and no fun involved in killing these munchkins doing nothing but laying around in bushes, so turned off again.Yawn.
    Hmmm, to be honest, with all the deaths I suffer I think I would have loved a round like that!!

Edited by Alastair at 10:34:00 26-03-2013

• Page

of 514 First / Last