Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 509

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• fletch7100 15 Mar 2013 15:05:31 6,173 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ecureuil

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-crazy-battlefield-4-rumors-hit-internet/

the rumours that hit the net last year. True or not we will have to wait and see.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 15:37:59 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And this:

• Tryhard 15 Mar 2013 16:24:37 3,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The game will supposedly be easier to pick up and play—supposedly for the benefit of “Call of Duty players”
    Auto lock on bullets then.
  • motti82 15 Mar 2013 17:13:17 2,815 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Really wished they toned down the stingers.
    In one, they can drop anything in two shots, providing you use Flares/Jammer for the first shot.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 18:25:35 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've never before seen a game where you have to work so hard just to get an hour of entertainment out of it. Just loaded the game up for a quick go, 45 minutes ago, I've had to quit every single game since then because of team imbalance. Is it too much to ask for the game to automatically balance the teams out?
  • agparrot 15 Mar 2013 18:33:53 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I've never before seen a game where you have to work so hard just to get an hour of entertainment out of it. Just loaded the game up for a quick go, 45 minutes ago, I've had to quit every single game since then because of team imbalance. Is it too much to ask for the game to automatically balance the teams out?
    This is sort of what I was talking about when I said proper lobbies on the last page. No other game has quite the same level of frustration in trying to find a balanced match... *sometimes*. It does depend a bit on what servers you have in your favourites, and whether you are playing with other people in a squad, but the whole non-lobby and non-balancing thing has been exactly the same on every 360 iteration of Battlefield. It's clearly the same code, pretty much.

I don't think anyone at Dice, EA, or whoever does their network shit even thinks it is a problem, so I have zero hope of them sorting it out for BF4, whether it has more spaces for players or not.

I do love a good whinge though.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 19:08:19 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The whole setup encourages imbalance. Good players are more likely to stick together, good players on the losing team are more likely to quit because getting trounced isn't much fun. I certainly consider it a waste of my time to be spawn trapped on Metro with no way out. There is also a further problem in that people are more likely to quit at the end of the game leading to empty games, which mean you have to find another server, which will probably be just as imbalanced as the one you just left. The game was better when you couldn't quit at the end of a round and all we had was DICE servers. Custom servers themselves are not a problem, the way they've been implemented is the problem.

I was playing TFC and Counter-Strike in the late-90's and this was never an issue. If someone left, someone else would be added almost immediately and the game would continue and you'd barely notice. With BF3, people join, see they're spawn trapped and 500 tickets down, and quit immediately. So many times have I noticed my team was struggling, held back to bring up the scoreboard, and my team only has 6 players vs. 12.

I really don't mind losing, but the games where it's close-fought and even though you lose you still have a good time are very very rare. It's usually one team pissing all over another, which generally isn't very entertaining whichever side you're on.

Oh, and it's much less of a problem with 64 players because if you have 32 people on your team, it's not such a big deal if you lose one or two. If you have 12 players and two guys drop, you're fucked. They seriously need to implement some basic balancing features though, the PC version has it, you can see the average rank of each team before you join. From my experience with the PC version, it works a treat.

Edited by ecureuil at 19:11:35 15-03-2013
  • fletch7100 15 Mar 2013 19:30:20 6,173 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/15/4109074/battlefield-4-reveal-event-ea-dice

Well it's official now, lets see if they have learned from their mistakes.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 19:42:20 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite is released and BF4 revealed both on my birthday. :D

Edited by ecureuil at 19:42:39 15-03-2013
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 20:50:59 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man, capturing the flag is so tough. Everyone goes for it so it's hard enough just to be the one guy on your team who gets to carry it, let alone cap the damn thing. I wonder if eventually people will stop being greedy with it because of the assignment. I've even been killed while carrying it by a teammember in hardcore because they wanted to be the one to cap it.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 15 Mar 2013 21:14:22 8,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Man, capturing the flag is so tough. Everyone goes for it so it's hard enough just to be the one guy on your team who gets to carry it, let alone cap the damn thing. I wonder if eventually people will stop being greedy with it because of the assignment. I've even been killed while carrying it by a teammember in hardcore because they wanted to be the one to cap it.
    Trick is to get near the flag in the rush but do t go for it. Lie close and wait. When someone else scores or its returned grab it and go.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Tryhard 15 Mar 2013 22:23:38 3,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I cannot ever remember having to jump to a new server every other match because so many quit in Bad Company 2.The same players would just keep going at it,it seems in BF3 6-12 quit a round and for me it is the biggest turn off to playing now.

And as to imbalance,as a high rank I am usually put in with other high ranks vs lower ranks.The same happened in BC2 when I hit 50 rank,I'd get put with other 50's.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 22:34:05 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The whole front end is a mess. I must have quit out of 50 games tonight, and played about 4 or 5. Just now I went on to Grand Bazaar conquest. Spawn trapped, score was 198 - 1100. I went on to Metro, spawn trapped, 1000 - 1450. For some reason there's no way to filter out high ticket games, so unless the server specifies in the title (and half of the time they don't), you've no idea if you're jumping in to a high ticket game or not. Third game I've joined just now, and again on the losing team, 150 - 500. God I've complained about this game a ton today. I just wanted to have a good Friday nights worth of BF3 and I started at 6pm and I've had about three decent games. Will give up after this one.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 23:24:14 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Offical artwork.

Apparently that's Shanghai in the background, which would support the rumours of a Chinese faction.

Edited by ecureuil at 23:25:03 15-03-2013
  • killersrquiet 16 Mar 2013 12:25:33 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Offical artwork.

Apparently that's Shanghai in the background, which would support the rumours of a Chinese faction.
    One of the bf2 factions was China if memory serves me right

Edited by killersrquiet at 12:25:46 16-03-2013
  • Kid_Icarus 16 Mar 2013 14:50:17 556 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CTF is fucking mental sometimes.
    Headed straight for the enemy flag on a bike with my squadmate, we hit a ramp and went flying over the flag. Jumped off in mid-air, grabbed the flag, shot a defender and turned round to see another guy when all of a sudden my squadmate comes back round the corner with the rest of our squad, and runs him down before he could shoot me.
    Hopped on and our 3 bikes made our getaway across the fields as a chopper tried to take us out. Gunfire hitting the ground all around us, managing to take out one of our bikes, before another exploded from a javelin attack. Thankfully our chopper turned up to help and we floored it as the wreckage landed about 20ft in front of us.
    Flag captured. Achievement unlocked.

Awesome stuff. :)
  • ecureuil 16 Mar 2013 14:55:06 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was playing on Nebandan Flats last night, had an AA jeep just over the ridge, so I locked it with my javelin and let it fly, then ducked back out of view. The double kill popped up, and the corpse of the driver came flying over the ridge over my head. :D It was like something out of a cartoon.

Edited by ecureuil at 14:55:31 16-03-2013
  • Bananazniper 16 Mar 2013 15:14:52 443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Seen some great flying bodies. I was in a tank and shot an infantry and his body flew up about 30 feet and over a hill. Great times.
  • ecureuil 16 Mar 2013 15:17:56 76,022 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it's always hilarious when a corpse gets launched. You can even do it with frag rounds.
  • killersrquiet 16 Mar 2013 15:19:59 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Yeah it's always hilarious when a corpse gets launched. You can even do it with frag rounds.
    The ragdoll effects are fantastically funny to watch.
  • repairmanjack 16 Mar 2013 23:24:27 5,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So... think I'm completely smitten with this. Had about a dozen games of the vanilla version online the other night. All were an utter charm. I suspect I got lucky with my choice of server, which was full on both sides, seemed to have plenty of people playing as a team (shit, I can't rememeber the last time anyone stopped to heal me in an online shooter before). Dived into a tank, first as a gunner and then behind the wheel.

Unlocked some new gear, amassed more kills than I thought possible. I grabbed all the dlc this pm, and tried my first go at dogfighting earlier.

I can't believe quite what a different experience it's been to playing CoD. Friendly players, not being spawn camped, surviving for a few minutes at a time. And no-one called me any rude words, which makes a nice change for Live.

If anyone's looking for another novice to aim at, my GT is: madtheswine. (On the 360, I should add.)
  • Syrette 16 Mar 2013 23:29:16 41,852 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Instead of having abusive teenagers, Battlefield simply has no-one talking even though it's primarily a very team/squad based shooter.

• Tryhard 17 Mar 2013 00:16:17 3,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The last person I heard talk on BF3 was in Russian.A baby crying its head off in the background, and some hairy Russian shot putting gruff female voice shouting.Set to friends only after that.[mute in game did not work back then].
  • repairmanjack 17 Mar 2013 00:25:43 5,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Incidentally, does no one play Rush any more? I can't see a single server dedicated to it.

Edit. Nope, me being a muppet. For some reason it defaults to only searching for two game modes.

The air superiority mode is interesting... and at least given me more than ten seconds at a time to learn how to fly.

Edited by repairmanjack at 02:23:23 17-03-2013
  • andytheadequate 17 Mar 2013 02:09:51 7,957 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    The last person I heard talk on BF3 was in Russian.A baby crying its head off in the background, and some hairy Russian shot putting gruff female voice shouting.Set to friends only after that.[mute in game did not work back then].
    That made me giggle!
  • Madder-Max 17 Mar 2013 11:52:42 11,567 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    So... think I'm completely smitten with this. Had about a dozen games of the vanilla version online the other night. All were an utter charm. I suspect I got lucky with my choice of server, which was full on both sides, seemed to have plenty of people playing as a team (shit, I can't rememeber the last time anyone stopped to heal me in an online shooter before). Dived into a tank, first as a gunner and then behind the wheel.

Unlocked some new gear, amassed more kills than I thought possible. I grabbed all the dlc this pm, and tried my first go at dogfighting earlier.

I can't believe quite what a different experience it's been to playing CoD. Friendly players, not being spawn camped, surviving for a few minutes at a time. And no-one called me any rude words, which makes a nice change for Live.

If anyone's looking for another novice to aim at, my GT is: madtheswine. (On the 360, I should add.)
    Exactly my experience. Only been playing for a week or so. Haven't bothered with close quaters or aftermath yet. The armoured dlc is ace; especially the mountain map!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• killersrquiet 17 Mar 2013 13:05:01 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You have to hate the noob medics only interested in healing themselves. I'll happily run into a firefight to heal someone :-)

You should actually try close quarters if you played cod its much better albeit not a true battlefield mode (EA gunning for cod as usual)
  • repairmanjack 17 Mar 2013 13:58:31 5,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I flew a chopper... for fifteen seconds.

Sorry, passengers, couldn't find the manual.
  • fletch7100 17 Mar 2013 14:16:24 6,173 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Only played little bit of aftermath on rush and quite enjoyed them. Nice CQ urban fights, plus different height levels through out the maps.
  • killersrquiet 17 Mar 2013 14:18:48 1,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    I flew a chopper... for fifteen seconds.

Sorry, passengers, couldn't find the manual.
    Could be worse. Imigine spawning into a chopper only to realise the pilot parachuted out. Charming :-)
  • Page

of 514 First / Last