Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 508

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• kinky_mong 13 Mar 2013 14:17:28 10,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I need to get involved with some EG games again. I tried playing the new maps last night and gave up after 20 minutes, because it's no fun spending ages running around trying to find any sort of action only to be killed as soon as you spot another person.

It would also help if I knew what guns are actually still any good after the 50 or so patches the game has had, everything I used felt like a peashooter because it probably got nerfed at some point.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• psychokitten Moderator 13 Mar 2013 14:18:32 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should also add that I have been taken places I thought were impossible, all on a motorbike. I'm sorry for my outburst.
  • ecu 13 Mar 2013 14:19:44 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Everything is balanced to the point where there aren't really any bad guns anymore. The worst ones are SCAR-L, LSAT and PP-19, but even they're usable. The weapons balancing is actually fantastic, they have done a great job with it. They didn't even need to change any of the guns in the recent patch.
  • king26 14 Mar 2013 07:32:12 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why do DICE balance weapons? Surely they should be true to real life and leave it at that!
  • Scurrminator 14 Mar 2013 08:52:44 8,437 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's all the achievements attained (bar that fucking annoying co-op one for drop em like liquid) so I think I'm done with BF3.
    Brilliant game; but everyone has moved on.
    As others have said over 12 months is far too long to be supporting a game on console. Admirable; but the competition is tough with so many new releases vying for attention and if I'd paid for Premium I don't think I'd have got my monies worth time wise.
    Bring on BF4!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• ecu 14 Mar 2013 13:50:29 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've always found it nice to go back to, the gameplay is stellar regardless of new releases. It'd be nice if console gamers could get out of the mindset of ditching a game after a couple of months and buying a new one, but that's marketing for ya I suppose.
  • Scurrminator 14 Mar 2013 14:15:56 8,437 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the point is that it's not a couple of months; it's 15 months at least. That's a LONG time in game terms.

Edited by Scurrminator at 14:16:07 14-03-2013

• ecu 14 Mar 2013 14:20:08 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not really, it's still a good game. At its best, there's still nothing else quite like it.
  • andytheadequate 14 Mar 2013 14:27:06 8,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    15 months really isn't that long for multiplayer games, especially ones with new content added to them regularly. I still play BC2 fairly regularly now, and how long have people played Counter Strike for on the PC?

I tend to prefer to stick to a few multiplayer games rather than move between different ones. A new game ever 2 or 3 years, with DLC in between, is about right for me. I hope BF4 stats are combined with BF3s on battlelog. I'm a bit sad and like to look at my stats, always thought it was a shame that my BC2 and BF3 stats were separate, and very strange that BF3 console and BF3 pc stats are separate
  • Alastair 14 Mar 2013 14:28:31 16,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My BF3 stats are way better than my BC2 ones! :)
  • agparrot 14 Mar 2013 17:19:08 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My second evening of End Game was dedicated to Capture the Flag, and was therefore inherently more fun than the evening previous.

Of particular note was a game we lost 3-2 on the new snowy map, where the vehicle density of scout chopters, tanks, bikes and AA jeeps made for a frenetic to-and-fro of flag capturing, holding and chasing down our own captured flag. Swooping in in the copter to pick up the flag carrier who has just had the rider of his bike sniped away from in front of him, then dumping the carrier out via parachute to the base before turning and blowing up a damaged incoming tank with heli-gunfire felt properly epic.

That other map - that looks like Isla Brownleaves off BC2, is also a rip-roaring CTF success, and again the speed of vehicle captures, coupled with the relative bottlenecks that lead to exciting firefights over dropped flags, dealt up plenty of proper Battlefield moments. Having placed C4 in the road in a desperate attempt to apprehend a tank with the flag, it wasn't at all disappointing when the carrier jumped out of the tank to take to a bike, and having got up speed en route to the C4 was then exploded into little pieces by somebody hitting the C4 with an RPG just as the bike went over it.

Sure, the new patches of long grass make it even easier for players of a certain persuasion to lie down sniping ALL THE TIME, but I guess that is their loss.
  • ecu 14 Mar 2013 17:28:36 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The chopper flag carrier is the last achievement I have left, it's really hard. The flag rarely seems to be away from the enemy base, if you get it out of there, you tend to get it all the way pretty quickly, and if you take the chopper down then you have AA's, tanks, LAVs, RPGs, all firing upon you. Already died tons of times attempting it, it's especially annoying when the flag carrier decides he'd rather race off on a bike instead of jumping in my helicopter.
  • Scurrminator 14 Mar 2013 17:32:27 8,437 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At least you don't have to get them back. Just picking them up is enough. I got very lucky and got it first attempt.
    Capture the flag is brilliant. Great feeling having the flag carrier on your bike, dodging and weaving!!!

• agparrot 14 Mar 2013 17:37:20 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    The chopper flag carrier is the last achievement I have left, it's really hard. The flag rarely seems to be away from the enemy base, if you get it out of there, you tend to get it all the way pretty quickly, and if you take the chopper down then you have AA's, tanks, LAVs, RPGs, all firing upon you. Already died tons of times attempting it, it's especially annoying when the flag carrier decides he'd rather race off on a bike instead of jumping in my helicopter.
    I had the fortune to have the flag carrier in my Live party, so I just yelled "GET IN", and we were away, with all the kinds of fire you describe spattering and exploding around us. Brilliant stuff.
  • ecu 14 Mar 2013 17:49:57 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll try again later. CTF is a really fun game mode so I'm happy to go back to it. I'm mostly enjoying firing the javelin at guys on dirtbikes, especially when they're escaping with our flag.

Unfortunately this is a typical night on Battlefield for me these days:

• Tryhard 14 Mar 2013 18:28:26 4,140 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I booby trapped the big jump on Riverside with C4.When an enemy came to get big hair on his bike.He did so in a puff of smoke.He stalked me the rest of the round.:-P

Edit:Was going to edit out big hair for air,but what the hell.We all need big hair.

Edited by Tryhard at 18:30:03 14-03-2013
  • agparrot 14 Mar 2013 19:08:28 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Edit:Was going to edit out big hair for air,but what the hell.We all need big hair.
    Amen to that.

WOLVERINES!

Edited by agparrot at 19:08:50 14-03-2013
  • bantamenace 14 Mar 2013 19:16:31 73 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You made me smile Tryhard
  • ecu 14 Mar 2013 19:38:58 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This achievement is so fucking annoying. I sat there with my helicopter parked and the guy with the flag ran past me.

Aaand now some level 100's joined to ruin the game for everyone.

Edited by ecureuil at 19:39:34 14-03-2013
  • andytheadequate 14 Mar 2013 21:10:31 8,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone around for a game in the pc tonight? The new dlc sounds fun
  • Pinky_Floyd 14 Mar 2013 21:51:35 8,045 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Anyone around for a game in the pc tonight? The new dlc sounds fun
    Just finished for the evening.  Think there is a pc thread knocking about too might get you more interest.
  • Madder-Max 14 Mar 2013 23:20:30 11,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have recently discovered bf3 and its brilliant. Why the fucking fuck did they release a coddy demo? That put me off as it does nopt resemble the majority of the game.

Boought armored kill dlc which is ace. Love this.

If anyone wants to add me I'm 'eg maddermax'. (360)

I don't talk though cos ill wake the missus up and my son sleepwalks downstairs to see me if I do!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• killersrquiet 15 Mar 2013 00:25:23 2,048 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    I have recently discovered bf3 and its brilliant. Why the fucking fuck did they release a coddy demo? That put me off as it does nopt resemble the majority of the game.

Boought armored kill dlc which is ace. Love this.

If anyone wants to add me I'm 'eg maddermax'. (360)

I don't talk though cos ill wake the missus up and my son sleepwalks downstairs to see me if I do!
    The demo/beta used operation metro while being a good map isn't really reflective of a typical battlefield map, plus the beta being buggy ad hell wouldn't help.

Not a patch on battlefield 2 but bf3 is the best shooter around by a country mile IMO anyhow.

I'll add you when I'm on again.
  • jambii267 15 Mar 2013 00:42:17 1,366 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really wished they toned down the stingers.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• TVoJ 15 Mar 2013 01:00:06 2,006 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This achievement is so fucking annoying. I sat there with my helicopter parked and the guy with the flag ran past me.

you on 360? of so im about tomorrow night if you want a hand?

ctf is fucking ace!
  • repairmanjack 15 Mar 2013 01:37:56 6,068 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, if I try to give this another go (no interested in the recent CoD), and I don't shove the lame SP back on the hard-drive, how much space do I need to free up to be able to run with the dlcs?

And if I jump in now, am I likely to be faced with masses of empty servers or maps that never get played?

I expect to get murdered, of course, but we've been reminiscing about the early days of Battlefield: Modern Combat, from way back, and I'd love to get into a decent online shooter again.
  • ecu 15 Mar 2013 01:57:38 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

you on 360? of so im about tomorrow night if you want a hand?
    Yeah sure, I'll add you tomorrow. I'm a dodgy pilot though so I apologise in advance for killing us in an attempt to land. :D
  • fletch7100 15 Mar 2013 11:42:03 7,356 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @repairmanjack

about 22gb all dlc and no SP. Talking about Xbox still plenty of busy servers and full matches going on

Rumour is that BF4 teaser trailer will be revealed today. Probably jinxed it from happening by posting this link :)
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/15/battlefield-4-box-art-leaks-teaser-trailer-due-today-rumour/
  • ecu 15 Mar 2013 14:23:41 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is double XP weekend in effect now? The calendar says the 15th.
  • ecu 15 Mar 2013 14:28:30 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @repairmanjack

about 22gb all dlc and no SP. Talking about Xbox still plenty of busy servers and full matches going on

Rumour is that BF4 teaser trailer will be revealed today. Probably jinxed it from happening by posting this link :)
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/15/battlefield-4-box-art-leaks-teaser-trailer-due-today-rumour/
    Can't wait. It's gonna be 64 players on console, finally.
  • Page

of 514 First / Last