Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 505

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• ecu 28 Feb 2013 10:46:29 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's really the limited player count that's the problem. It would have been significantly better even if at 16v16.
  • Tryhard 28 Feb 2013 11:06:53 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The stats page says I was last on 18th January.I am waiting for the next dlc for the last hurrah.I hope those muppets I left playing have learned how to play the game when I go back for End Game.

It took me quite awhile to get up to speed in Bad Company 2 after a break.In BF3 one or two games.
  • ecu 28 Feb 2013 12:00:09 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Like riding a bike innit.

Players are generally much better at this point. Lots of level 100's going around, you see a lot of clans in squads, I was in a game yesterday where there was a clan on either team, each occupying the top four slots on either side, mostly level 100's. To be honest it makes the game really tough if you're just going on for a quick blast on your own, you see tactics you wouldn't normally see with randoms. For example, I had my tank smoked then C4'd, didn't stand a chance. Squad gameplay as its meant to be. That's not to say you don't also end up in games with idiots though.
  • Tryhard 28 Feb 2013 13:10:33 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good to hear.I'll probably be going for dirt bike high jinks to start.I loved getting air time on a quad on Armoured Shield craters once we had captured all the flags.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 28 Feb 2013 22:56:24 2,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had my first game in ages on pc earlier. I bought Premium ages ago but never got on till now. Used a pad on a big twilight map. Was fun and didnt get as owned as I thought I would with a pad. Stuck to vehicles and engineer class. Iked the map but cant remember what it was called.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• ecu 28 Feb 2013 23:00:29 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was probably Death Valley.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Mar 2013 17:16:42 2,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thats the one. Plus now I got a silly speed bt infinity no lag for me! But it does however give me one less excuse for a poor performance. Will add a few names from here, would love to rekindle the bad company 2 days...though without the repair tool rape.

• Alastair 1 Mar 2013 17:36:22 16,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've nearly finished GTA4 - would love to get back into BF3...
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Mar 2013 17:43:41 2,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just no one mention clan matches. Pc matches would kill me

• rudedudejude 1 Mar 2013 17:48:07 2,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When's this new content out on sexbox?

Haven't touched BF since xmas
  • ecu 1 Mar 2013 17:56:25 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Next DLC is March 12th for Premium users I think.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 18:02:12
    Would be nice to see some half price offers on the first map packs. I've still only got the base maps and karkland.

Surely no one is buying the old ones now at 1200?
  • Alastair 1 Mar 2013 18:02:59 16,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wouldn't that be something of a slap in the face to the people who forked out for the Premium Pass..?
  • ecu 1 Mar 2013 18:09:06 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not really, we got months of play out of it. I think it'd be nice to open the game up to others and it might extend the lifespan a bit. I bought premium within the first 10 minutes of it going live, but I'd have no problem if they reduced the price now. It's still 32 everywhere I look.

Edited by ecureuil at 18:16:09 01-03-2013
  • fletch7100 1 Mar 2013 18:09:20 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

Those games were fun well apart from the team that shall not be mentioned. Matches against NaN were good games. Hopefully Bf4 on consoles will be 64 players, 32 team made up of the old BC2 EGGMILF regulars and some of the NaN crew would be awesome
  • Alastair 1 Mar 2013 18:10:38 16,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar

Those games were fun well apart from the team that shall not be mentioned. Matches against NaN were good games. Hopefully Bf4 on consoles will be 64 players, 32 team made up of the old BC2 EGGMILF regulars and some of the NaN crew would be awesome
    That would be awesome. With 31 other players on the team my lameness would be less noticeable!
  • ecu 1 Mar 2013 18:13:31 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    That would be awesome. With 31 other players on the team my lameness would be less noticeable!
    I can have a lot of fun on the PC version in a 32 man team if I just run around on Kharg with a Javelin. It's so good, but my friends play on Xbox. PC version is a generation above the console game, which is starting to feel really dated now imo. The next gen console BF4 will probably be where the PC version of BF3 is now.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 18:15:38
    I would snap it up if any of them were dropped. I got all the gears maps today due to half price discount and it would be nice to be able to play bf3 again, love it.
  • fletch7100 1 Mar 2013 18:51:14 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just saw this on OXM. Don't know if its just for this DLC maps or all maps

"3. Control the centre...
    The new Dropship threatens to completely change how Conquest matches unfold. Basically, the team that controls the central base is going to have a much easier time of things, as you'll be able to fly in vehicles wherever you choose and spawn right inside them. Imagine parachuting a tank onto a sniper's nest, for instance. Ouch. Alas, life may be tough for those of us who earn their keep by grabbing the base nearest the spawn, then leap-frogging the centre to attack the far end once the main enemy force has moved out."

Yup just like in BF2 dropping vehicles on people's heads

Plus a new jeep with a AA missile on the roof
  • ecu 1 Mar 2013 22:50:50 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here's the new stuff. (End Game achievements, tags + assignments)

The images on that page aren't loading for me, they're mirrored here.

Edited by ecureuil at 22:52:27 01-03-2013
  • Tryhard 2 Mar 2013 10:38:19 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I saw a vid of players jumping out of a dropship,and someone in a tank coming down.Or spawned in when it hit the ground,hard to tell.

Those who hate big maps will hate this dlc.There seems like there could be many ways of having Battlefield moments.We shall see how long the buzz lasts.

Those chopper whores still crying over the buff to infantry AA must be about to quit with the news of Humvees with AA.Poor chaps.
  • ecu 2 Mar 2013 12:52:24 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well the infantry buff to AA is ridiculous. Below radar doesn't work against stingers anymore. Stingers have ridiculous range, it makes helicopters almost useless. You can't even take to the air in Oman if someone has a stinger, they can lock you from virtually anywhere on the map. Now the gunner doesn't get flares either. Being effective with a helicopter takes a reasonable level of skill, using a stinger takes zero skill, so why is the helicopter pilot punished for this? One player on the ground should not be superior to a fleet of helicopters, but they are.
  • Tryhard 2 Mar 2013 13:14:26 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The way I saw it.You get less twats hanging around in base for the attack chopper to spawn.And as a tanker the more engineers I see with AA the better.

A good chopper pilot should use hit and run tactics with the way it is set up now.I have seen good pilots stay up a long time flying in and out of the combat zones.Obviously open maps means you are pretty screwed and you have to fly further away from the combat zone when locked on.

As to no skill AA,isn't that the same with the Javelin and all guided shells on vehicles?I'd rather see none of this lock on crap in BF4.

It beats the days when a chopper would spin in circles or camp up in the air out of reach raining hell forever.They are back down the bottom of the food chain with us tankers now.
  • Syrette 2 Mar 2013 13:25:05 44,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Here's the new stuff. (End Game achievements, tags + assignments)

The images on that page aren't loading for me, they're mirrored here.
    Those cheevos/trophies sound reeeeeeally easy.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 2 Mar 2013 15:16:55 2,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    The way I saw it.You get less twats hanging around in base for the attack chopper to spawn.And as a tanker the more engineers I see with AA the better.

A good chopper pilot should use hit and run tactics with the way it is set up now.I have seen good pilots stay up a long time flying in and out of the combat zones.Obviously open maps means you are pretty screwed and you have to fly further away from the combat zone when locked on.

As to no skill AA,isn't that the same with the Javelin and all guided shells on vehicles?I'd rather see none of this lock on crap in BF4.

It beats the days when a chopper would spin in circles or camp up in the air out of reach raining hell forever.They are back down the bottom of the food chain with us tankers now.
    Agree with this. An ok chopper pilot can dominate. Now they have to be good. Sounds fair to me.

• ecu 2 Mar 2013 15:28:26 77,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A chopper pilot cannot dominate, it is virtually impossible if more than one of the opposing team is carrying a stinger. Even the best chopper pilots don't use them anymore because they are overpowered by a single player on the ground, which should never, ever be the case.

A chopper shouldn't be bottom of the food chain. In fact, it should be at the top, it should be hard to kill and it should require teamwork by the other team to stop it. The only reason they've broken the game this way is because most randoms are dumbasses that can't coordinate with each other for shit.

You know it's bad when DICE actually have to explain on twitter that it's not a bug.

Edited by ecureuil at 15:44:45 02-03-2013
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 09:46:17 9,833 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Picked up the premium edition yesterday, and am rather underwhelmed so far.

1) it is a nightmare trying to download the dlc. It's hidden in loads of places and all has to be found and done separetly. What is wrong with just a list?

2) first game I played I hated. Was a tiny map in a skyscraper. Isn't the whole point of battlefield that its large scale battlefields? That map just played like a shitty version of black ops.

3) the next game was on a huge map, which was better. However it seemed to below on vehicles, so I spent ages running around for miles trying to find combat.

All in all it seems nowhere near as good as battlefield 2143 or whatever it was called, on the pc. And it is to as good as 1942 on the ps3.

I still need to get into it obviously, but first impressions and all that. So guys, what would I try to get the most out of the game? What maps and game modes really show off the game?
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 3 Mar 2013 09:54:10 2,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well it sounds like you're not aware that the dlc's are all themed. The small map you played was probably a Close Quarters map. It's a CoD themed dlc as the name suggests.
    The huge map was probably an Armoured Kill map, which is all about vehicular combat.
    If this is your first taste of BF3 I would stick to the regular BF3, Back to Karkand and Aftermath maps, as they are the best mix of the usual BF play. Then dip into the others.

• RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 10:00:40 9,833 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did not know that, so that makes sense. What maps are the classic bf gameplay?
  • Tryhard 3 Mar 2013 10:12:06 4,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aftermath gives you the Bad Company 2 feel.Probably the best dlc for consoles.

Close Quarters,for your COD lovers.

Armoured Kill for your big map, vehicle lovers.

Karkand for that BF2 feel.

End Game seems like it will be the same as Armoured Kill.

My fav maps in conquest are.

Kharg,Caspian,Oman 4 flag,Armoured Shield,and all of the Aftermath maps.
  • Page

of 514 First / Last