• Page

of 514 First / Last

• andytheadequate 21 Dec 2012 22:25:39 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    DugBriderider wrote:
    @andytheadequate My prime time is 8pm-11pm with a random break in the middle to feed the baby, you normally rock up around 11.30 just as I am set to turn in, god knows when you play to.

Wife has Xmas party tomorrow (Thursday) so will get on then, anyone have any PC server recommendations? the ones I attend always clear out at the end of the round. Then again the only bug left on mine is that it will sometimes hang between rounds (very annoying)
    Generally an hour or so on week days. Can be well into the early hours at weekend, although I tend to play bc2 on weekends on the 360.

Not put too much time into bf3 pc yet as I prefer to play it with others, it can be frustrating on your own
    On Pc here if you need buddies. Captbirdseye08.
    Will try to remember to add you tonight. You play planetside as well don't you?
  • SFD 21 Dec 2012 22:30:22 481 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Loving the new maps and can't wait for the next dlc.

It's just a shame all of my former squadies are either pussy whipped or playing CoD now :(
  • captbirdseye 22 Dec 2012 13:39:51 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    DugBriderider wrote:
    @andytheadequate My prime time is 8pm-11pm with a random break in the middle to feed the baby, you normally rock up around 11.30 just as I am set to turn in, god knows when you play to.

Wife has Xmas party tomorrow (Thursday) so will get on then, anyone have any PC server recommendations? the ones I attend always clear out at the end of the round. Then again the only bug left on mine is that it will sometimes hang between rounds (very annoying)
    Generally an hour or so on week days. Can be well into the early hours at weekend, although I tend to play bc2 on weekends on the 360.

Not put too much time into bf3 pc yet as I prefer to play it with others, it can be frustrating on your own
    On Pc here if you need buddies. Captbirdseye08.
    Will try to remember to add you tonight. You play planetside as well don't you?
    Yes buddy  Spend most of my time on those fwo games.
  • Deleted user 22 December 2012 14:51:31
    Something weird has happened. I dropped my controller on the edge, and the batteries came out. All is ok though, turns on fine, but now BF3 is acting odd. My soldier won't sprint, but the boost/afterburner works fine. Also I cannot fire the guns as a passenger in a vehicle! I tried deleting the profile and starting the game again, but it's the same. Checked in Minecraft and all my buttons on the controller working as normal. Er?
  • Anthony_UK 1 Jan 2013 00:34:32 2,459 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When exactly did they put team chat in, or the option to enable it? I've only just noticed it's there and that was one of my major annoyance's since release!

Anyway,loving this again after various other distractions recently. It's still a love hate relationship though, as much as I love it, you can't allow for other people being rubbish. I can't believe you still get entire squads of snipers perched miles away from the battle.

There's so many stories to tell in a game like this, but for me personally laying a cover of smoke grenades before raiding an M-Com taking out half a dozen of the enemy with a silenced rife on the way is just amazing. When it comes together, I don't think everything touches it.
  • ecureuil 1 Jan 2013 00:43:39 76,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well the experience relies a lot on the other people you're playing with/against, and the balancing. If you're playing with a bunch of idiots then you won't have much fun, nor if you're playing against a team of players who are much better than you. When it all comes together though, it's incredible, there's nothing else like it. I love it so much.
  • stephenb 1 Jan 2013 11:38:23 2,729 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Happy New Year everybody!

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Tryhard 1 Jan 2013 12:39:34 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I always check the Battlefield map and team scorteboard before spawning in.By now I can figure out quickly if I want to jump straight in or find a new game.

Yes it takes more time finding a good game,but the reward far outweighs the frustration of joining a waste of time battle.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 13:25:47
    Do you ever reach a point in BF3 where you actually understand what's going on? I've played about 3 hours in total so far and I literally have no clue what is going on around me. It's not a game for noobs, is it?
  • andytheadequate 1 Jan 2013 14:44:25 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Do you ever reach a point in BF3 where you actually understand what's going on? I've played about 3 hours in total so far and I literally have no clue what is going on around me. It's not a game for noobs, is it?
    Best way to learn how to play bf is to join party chat with a few regulars and follow them around and ask questions. What platform do you play it on?
  • Tryhard 1 Jan 2013 20:12:37 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just jumped on after a week off,not to shabby.

Conquest is a far easier mode to start out in.You have the whole map opened up.So not squashed into a smaller killing zone like on Rush.
    Do not capture a flag alone until you get confident on what is happening.
    Use cover,it is all around you.Look around before you move from your cover.The flag capture zones are big,stay on the edge looking in from a nice cover spot.

Jumping into a BF game so late is not going to be an easy pill to swallow.
    Everyone knows the maps,weapons and vehicles like the back of their hands.

Though this might be a good time to start, as there seems to be a lot of new Xmas players just marching out into the danger zone.
  • Reecey 1 Jan 2013 23:02:33 4 posts
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Just jumped on after a week off,not to shabby.

Conquest is a far easier mode to start out in.You have the whole map opened up.So not squashed into a smaller killing zone like on Rush.
    Do not capture a flag alone until you get confident on what is happening.
    Use cover,it is all around you.Look around before you move from your cover.The flag capture zones are big,stay on the edge looking in from a nice cover spot.

Jumping into a BF game so late is not going to be an easy pill to swallow.
    Everyone knows the maps,weapons and vehicles like the back of their hands.

Though this might be a good time to start, as there seems to be a lot of new Xmas players just marching out into the danger zone.
    Great advise!
    Also try not to get frustrated, which will not be easy joining bf3 this late. Just try and enjoy and you will get better. Once it clicks, it will most likely be one of the most unforgettable gaming experiences you will ever have.
    Get that mic on, find a good squad and enjoy!
  • ecureuil 1 Jan 2013 23:59:56 76,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Always try to play with friends. If you can't find friends to play with, find a squad and stick with it. If your squad is full of camping recons, find a better squad.

Another difficult thing is the guns. For most of them you'll really need to unlock better scopes and certainly the heavy barrel. Heavy barrel should be on almost every assault rifle and carbine, though there are exceptions. Unfortunately in many cases you won't get the Hbar until you've got several hundred kills with that weapon, so this is all part of the process of improving at the game.

The same applies to scopes. Personally I use the Kobra sight on almost every gun, and I'm never at my best with a gun unless I have the Kobra on it, though there are other scopes which are serviceable. The US guns get US scopes first and Russian scopes last, and it's the other way around for Russian guns, so if you want the Kobra scope on an American rifle, be prepared to have to rack up a good 235 kills before you get it. The margins are so fine on this game that the right weapon attachments are often the difference between a successful game or an unsuccessful game. Of course, the attachments are situational but there's no point going in to that..
  • Tryhard 2 Jan 2013 15:19:23 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Two BF moments yesterday.

Sitting in the A flag warehouse in my Abrams tank,waiting for the flag to cap.My tank had the nose just hanging outside checking on the weather.
    Then suddenly a recon dangling in the air fills my screen.Obviously he had a spawn beacon on the roof and missed.Anyway, his 'chute flight path was on perfect course for the end of my main gun.I waited till his body filled the tv screen,and then kapow I ended the impending doom he knew was coming.

My wife spawned off a squads spawn beacon,and 'chuted down on to the warehouse roof near B flag on Canals.As she looked around I saw an enemy vodnik driving through the warehouse coming towards her.

"Drop C4," I urged.

She did,and also fell off the roof with the dropping of the 2nd stick of C4,just missing being roadkilled by her prey.By the time she donated,the vodnik had passed.What we did not know was that the enemy had dropped a line of mines.

Her C4 set off a chain of explosions that finally reached the target and the points for,enemy kill,destroyed vehicle and enemy explosives flooded in.
  • andytheadequate 2 Jan 2013 15:43:41 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A Die Hard 2 moment, surely?

Putting mines in the middle of enemy knew can be funny if the enemy doesn't realise.

The new maps are pretty good fun but I really hope they bring widespread destruction back in BF4
  • SFD 2 Jan 2013 16:36:59 481 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Epic battlefield moment last night. Sat in a tank with my mate and some support comes running out of a building with c4.... I reverse back over an engineer (totallly accidental) only to watch the support guy drop 3 c4s on the floor rather than on the tank and blow himself about 30ft up in the air.

Can't beat this game. I was in tears laughing.
  • Tryhard 2 Jan 2013 19:37:25 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I run with prox scanner and thermal,and LMG since they slowed the swap to cannister shell on MBT. Run the same on IFV with armoured piercing shell,it really is a killer against infantry.But comes up short vs armour with reactive plates.So you have to play it tactical hitting the enemy tank from the side or behind.

I think we all want Bad Company 2 type destruction back for BF4,and hopefully less lock on weapons.
  • triarii 3 Jan 2013 16:20:51 297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm off work until next Friday - are there any EGer's who'd like to squad up on 360 during the daytime?

GT: Triarii00
  • Tryhard 4 Jan 2013 11:58:21 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You can tell when an admin of a server is crap at the game.It is when the server rules would take longer to read than play an actual round.

Someone even had bipods banned from use.
  • andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 12:03:15 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Indeed. I think the worst one I've seen was someone banning c4
  • andy10 4 Jan 2013 12:54:04 80 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sure I played a game on a user server that 'banned' C4, claymores, grenades, shotguns, assault rifles, SMAWs, jets... needless to say, nobody paid the slightest bit of attention.
  • Tryhard 23 Jan 2013 12:15:30 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone who is thinking of going back to BF3 and needs some emotional motivation. Threatty has just made, "Full Metal 4." To make you all excited.

Yeah I know our console version does not look or play as smoothly as this,
    but sweep that under the carpet for a minute.:-P

FM4

Edited by Tryhard at 12:16:10 23-01-2013
  • Tryhard 24 Jan 2013 11:51:16 3,668 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That is good to hear for PS3 owners,pity it took them so long.And I thought they blamed peoples TV's and TV setups.
  • andytheadequate 24 Jan 2013 12:48:31 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, only makes a difference at fairly long range.

Had my first go for a while and went 17-1 in the first 5 minutes. Not sure what was happening, everyone kept running past me and ignoring me. I felt like a hacker. For the rest of the game I went back to a more normal level.

Was a brilliant close game for a change. When you have the stupidly high ticket counts they usually end up with one team steam rolling the other
  • Syrette 27 Jan 2013 21:16:56 43,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What updates - if any - can I get rid of to save some HDD space? BF3 currently takes up almost 20GB.

Google search was inconclusive.

• D_arkTrooper 28 Jan 2013 13:42:02 1,296 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got 660hrs on line with this but haven't been on it for a good couple of months now. Have the random lock-ups and freezes been fixed on the PS3 version yet?

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• Page

of 514 First / Last