Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 502

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• Deleted user 14 December 2012 07:36:27
    The stabbing thing still gets me every time. Hold the button expecting an assassination, then you swoosh your blade and stand there like an idiot for what feels like a century, "oh shit". Of course you get killed 9 times out of ten by the dude you were attacking.

On the plus side, Scavenger mode is pretty awesome. The new maps are very good too.
  • andytheadequate 14 Dec 2012 09:07:51 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    A sniper can't shoot an operator of a tank.
    If I click assault with shotgun that is what I expect to spawn with.
    The stab one I can let slide.
    Mav was not turning gold for no reason.
    And clearly because of connectiqons I was killed after going round corner.

I think bf3 annoys me so much because although in some respects it is a disaster it is also epic and want to love it. Bfbc2 had very few issues.
    As much as I love BC2, I wouldn't say it has no issues. I think its par for the course for a BF game to have issues.

I had my sulk with BF3 in January and sold it, but recently re-bought it on the pc and I'm enjoying it again. The new maps seem pretty good from what I've played so far, I think the worst thing about BF3 was how uninspiring so many of the maps were. The new ones have had a bit more thought put into them.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 14 Dec 2012 09:31:57 1,194 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    A sniper can't shoot an operator of a tank.
    No, but a sniper can shoot explosives close to the tank and the kill will be listed as by whatever rifle he was using.

If I click assault with shotgun that is what I expect to spawn with.
    I accidently hit left or right when choosing where to spawn, changing my class. Recon is one step left of assault. Are you sure that's not what happened?

Mav was not turning gold for no reason.
    There's now a boundary which only within can you use certain things like the mortar to stop people people setting them up on the very edges of the map. Perhaps it applies to the MAV.

And clearly because of connectiqons I was killed after going round corner.
    CoD is one of the worst culprits for this due to the fast movement speed, so it's bollocks that you're pulling it up over it. It's the fairest way of dealing with things if you still want to be shooting at things as they appear on your screen.

It's annoying how melodramatic people get about BF3. It might not be the best BF, but it's far from a fucking disaster.

Edited by Br0ken_Engli5h at 09:33:00 14-12-2012
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 09:41:39
    The tank was not damaged. I was shot in it.

Bf is ten times better than cod but no denying bf3 is a mess. I've got about 10 gig of patches ffs.
  • psychokitten Moderator 14 Dec 2012 10:19:56 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Very much back in love with Battlefield.
    That is all.
    All thanks to apple crumble, and birthday songs
  • Tryhard 14 Dec 2012 11:08:49 3,847 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you run over a mine and the person has changed class from engineer, it usually does not report it as a mine kill.But rather what that person is using at the time of your death.Be it a vehicle or weapon.
  • binky Moderator 14 Dec 2012 11:14:43 9,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @psychokitten Clearly this :)
  • binky Moderator 14 Dec 2012 11:17:52 9,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll very much be on tonight. Wifey out at xmas do, and I've got a nice bottle of chloroform for the nipper...
  • andytheadequate 14 Dec 2012 11:26:02 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pepsipop - the size of the patches is due to the dlc being bundled with them. BC2 was the same
  • binky Moderator 14 Dec 2012 11:28:12 9,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @andytheadequate See I thought that, but then I had to download the DLC AS WELL!
  • DugBriderider 19 Dec 2012 09:59:14 528 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    End Game teaser due for premium users on the 21st.
    Rumours are
    -Dirtbike + other vehicles
    -Jungle Maps
    -New weapons
  • Deleted user 19 December 2012 10:24:53
    Shooting helicopters with tanks will never get old. Destroyed 3 little birds on canals, sadly next on Caspian border my apache was hit by one from miles away, had to send a complimentary message to the shooter.

Also the m870? (pump action) will never get old on m com defense on metro ticket office with spawn beacon and motion sensor.

Managed four hours last night with only two or three rages. Still love davarand peak rush the most.
  • kinky_mong 19 Dec 2012 10:40:36 10,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Shooting helicopters with tanks will never get old.
    This, did that in my first Armoured Kill game two weeks ago as a complete fluke and howled with laughter.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• andytheadequate 19 Dec 2012 10:43:20 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pepsipop - a good map in rush. Just a shame its an awful map in conquest. I thought it was bad with 24 players but its amazingly bad with 64. Also, 64 player metro! Who thought that'd be a good idea?

Still, I'm enjoying BF3 again. Anyone else have it on pc? I always seem to miss Dug when he's on
  • Deleted user 19 December 2012 10:49:53
    @andytheadequate yeah d. Peak is terrible cq, played it maybe twice now quit every time it loads.
    Metro terrible cq awesome rush.
    Wake island terrible cq good rush.

Basically half the maps on console are boring on cq. Not enough players, remove the jets who hardly contribute to the battle. Keep helicopters. Just those extra 4 players on foot would make cq decent. I mostly stick with rush where bc2 I was mostly cq.

Jets for sure the worst thing in bf3, cool when they flying over head etc but just a drain on what should be going on at the objectives.
  • Tryhard 19 Dec 2012 11:49:29 3,847 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wish there was a stat for shooting heli's down with tanks.I asked Gustav Halling [Dice dev] if they could sort it out for BF4 at least.

I don't use that guided shell noob ****. I use real tankers 120 shell.And I always give them a tank Tbag with the main gun for the killcam.:-P

I agree jets should not have been included for console.What do they really accomplish on objective game modes?Just flying around in circles shooting each other down.I don't really care about jets keeping attack helis off my back now,as we have the buff for anti air launchers.

Maybe there should have been an air superiority mode for people who wanted to fly jets on console.
  • stephenb 19 Dec 2012 13:22:06 2,737 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I've got my fingers crossed for an air superiority mode in end game. There is a jet in the picture after all!

The mode in '43 was great fun. Until the opposing team started planting explosives on your planes before take off.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• DugBriderider 19 Dec 2012 15:29:53 528 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andytheadequate My prime time is 8pm-11pm with a random break in the middle to feed the baby, you normally rock up around 11.30 just as I am set to turn in, god knows when you play to.

Wife has Xmas party tomorrow (Thursday) so will get on then, anyone have any PC server recommendations? the ones I attend always clear out at the end of the round. Then again the only bug left on mine is that it will sometimes hang between rounds (very annoying)
  • Deleted user 19 December 2012 15:34:06
    Back in love. Just finished 47 minute game on strike at karkland. Amazing fun. Finished 42-21 with around 12000 points but missed MVP by 70 points at the last second! Doh. :)
  • andytheadequate 19 Dec 2012 15:45:48 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DugBriderider wrote:
    @andytheadequate My prime time is 8pm-11pm with a random break in the middle to feed the baby, you normally rock up around 11.30 just as I am set to turn in, god knows when you play to.

Wife has Xmas party tomorrow (Thursday) so will get on then, anyone have any PC server recommendations? the ones I attend always clear out at the end of the round. Then again the only bug left on mine is that it will sometimes hang between rounds (very annoying)
    Generally an hour or so on week days. Can be well into the early hours at weekend, although I tend to play bc2 on weekends on the 360.

Not put too much time into bf3 pc yet as I prefer to play it with others, it can be frustrating on your own

Edited by andytheadequate at 15:56:26 19-12-2012

Edited by andytheadequate at 15:57:26 19-12-2012
  • Tryhard 19 Dec 2012 19:32:52 3,847 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There are some really,really bad players on xbox,you'd think they would get the hang of things by now.Looking at a battlelog report on Caspian a few days ago, 20 opponents managed a collective total of a whopping 5 kills between them all in a +200% conquest ticket count.
  • Deleted user 19 December 2012 19:37:37
    As long as they enjoying themselves and not on my team it doesn't matter. Cant all be awesome.
  • Syrette 19 Dec 2012 19:48:14 43,232 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He didn't say it mattered.

• stephenb 21 Dec 2012 13:26:50 2,737 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't link on my phone, well I can but it's a pain in the arse, but more details on End game.
    dirt bikes, capture the flag game mode, dropship which can deploy apc's on to the battlefield, 4 new jungle based maps.

• oceanmotion 21 Dec 2012 13:32:18 15,766 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • stephenb 21 Dec 2012 13:35:48 2,737 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yay, battlefield kick start!

• captbirdseye 21 Dec 2012 13:37:31 4,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    DugBriderider wrote:

Generally an hour or so on week days. Can be well into the early hours at weekend, although I tend to play bc2 on weekends on the 360.

Not put too much time into bf3 pc yet as I prefer to play it with others, it can be frustrating on your own
    On Pc here if you need buddies. Captbirdseye08.
  • Deleted user 21 December 2012 19:34:04
    Oh for the love of god. You don't go too long before the next patch. 2gig one last week now 200mb one. You couldn't play bf3 on the cheap ps3 or Xbox as you wouldn't have the room! Must be over 20 gig now.
  • Deleted user 21 December 2012 19:58:26
    "you have been banned from this server"

All it took was for me to kill this player 3 times in a couple of minutes. Pathetic.
  • Anthony_UK 21 Dec 2012 22:02:55 2,473 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When I makes me rage it makes me rage like nothing else, having a numpty team on the larger maps could make me eat my controller in frustration.

But when it works, it's just amazing and pretty much wipes the floor with everything else out there.

I'd all but given up after the Armoured Kill DLC, but these new maps are brilliant, the size on each is just about right for console and they all seem to have a nice flow to them. Scavenger is pretty damn awesome too!
  • Page

of 514 First / Last