Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 499

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 12:11:36
    Can't wait to be the dude with the beard.
  • DugBriderider 26 Nov 2012 12:40:28 514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Any of you happen to have the pc version as well? Decided to give it another go in the hope that 64 players will make it more enjoyable...
    Saw that you had that on battle log 64 players is nice on the big maps but servers are so varied compared to xbox, it's had to get what I would call a normal well populated match.
  • stephenb 29 Nov 2012 12:24:10 2,677 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This expansion is the best since the re-imagined Karkand imo. Maps are big but not too big so us console monkeys should be happy. Epicentre is a particular stand out for me the sheer verticality and multi tiered fighting is great fun. Plus aftershocks! Not sure about destructability yet, you still get the standard rectangle 2 floored buildings that have been in every level. The big skyscrapers damage seems to be just limited to the fronts of the building like Sienne crossing

Scavenger mode feels like close quarters but with the utter madness turned down. The levels being a bit more open make it feel less like the meat grinder that Ziba Tower can be.
    Also it's quite easy to acquire a weapon in scavenger they're quite prolific and have different levels of value. E.g a level 3 weapon might have an ACOG and a laser fitted, a level 1 will be a bog standard with no attachments.
    I did notice that the higher level guns have fixed points so once people know where they are they will be making for them straight away.

The crossbow feels well balanced, I've only had the standard bolt one and any shot from the waist up aiming down the scope is an instant kill. Firing it from the hip seems to be ineffective so I guess that's the trade off.

All in all loving my BF again. This will keep me off blops2 for a while. The difference in graphical clout is quite pronounced when you come back to this. I love a bit of CoD but it looks bloody clunky compared to this.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• ecureuil 29 Nov 2012 12:39:29 76,024 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds great, roll on Dec 4th. I miss Battlefield.
  • psychokitten Moderator 29 Nov 2012 12:45:20 7,791 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New Gun Master maaaaapssssss!
  • Tryhard 29 Nov 2012 13:54:11 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    From what I have seen of PS3 players streams this could be a great map pack.Nice design & flow to the maps,with alot of detail and atmosphere.

Now I just need to stop tbagging squadmates to get them up from prone and move 10 feet into the flag capture zone.
  • uk-kob 30 Nov 2012 09:42:22 126 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am really happy with this DLC, the maps seem about the right size for 24 players on console, my impressions after a fun 5 hour session, are that its as good as the great! karkand DLC.

Edited by uk-kob at 09:50:13 30-11-2012
  • jonharrispro 30 Nov 2012 11:14:26 395 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    stephenb wrote:
    This expansion is the best since the re-imagined Karkand imo. Maps are big but not too big so us console monkeys should be happy. Epicentre is a particular stand out for me the sheer verticality and multi tiered fighting is great fun. Plus aftershocks! Not sure about destructability yet, you still get the standard rectangle 2 floored buildings that have been in every level. The big skyscrapers damage seems to be just limited to the fronts of the building like Sienne crossing

Scavenger mode feels like close quarters but with the utter madness turned down. The levels being a bit more open make it feel less like the meat grinder that Ziba Tower can be.
    Also it's quite easy to acquire a weapon in scavenger they're quite prolific and have different levels of value. E.g a level 3 weapon might have an ACOG and a laser fitted, a level 1 will be a bog standard with no attachments.
    I did notice that the higher level guns have fixed points so once people know where they are they will be making for them straight away.

The crossbow feels well balanced, I've only had the standard bolt one and any shot from the waist up aiming down the scope is an instant kill. Firing it from the hip seems to be ineffective so I guess that's the trade off.

All in all loving my BF again. This will keep me off blops2 for a while. The difference in graphical clout is quite pronounced when you come back to this. I love a bit of CoD but it looks bloody clunky compared to this.
    Nice mini-review. Looking forward to getting this as Premium on 360.
  • Tryhard 30 Nov 2012 11:28:45 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Had a Canadian on Seine who had wonderful lag protection as I shot him in the back from 15 feet away,and he simply turned 180 and downed me with his lmg lol.He had nice homing bullets that followed you round corners.And could kill you in mid jump over a wall.

It is not just about skill,but how high your ping is sadly.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 13:09:39
    It is my biggest grievance with xbox live really.
  • stephenb 1 Dec 2012 09:36:44 2,677 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Found a server which was hosting 800 ticket scavenger rounds last night. Epic bricks were shat! The official servers matches only last seven minutes, great if you need a quick blast but ultimately I was spending more time looking at menus.

These ones were lasting at least half an hour, could with the double xp it was great fun.

• Tryhard 1 Dec 2012 11:04:41 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wearing my "I'm Trolling" dog tag.And it makes me do things I would not normally do.Evil,careless,stupid things.:evil:

Accidently went into a hardcore server on Kharg conquest lastnight,the sound of sniper bullets whizzing past my ears filled the air.One of their bullets found me eventually,so I respawned jumped in a tank and rolled down with proximity scanner and thermal optics and ruined their day.

Had an amazing game on Karkand Conquest assault.Two teams going all out.
    Whether you win or lose, when two teams are going at it hell for leather for objectives you cannot beat Battlefield.Pity it only happens once in fifty games though.

Think I am warmed up for Aftermath now.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 08:31:02
    Today is the day right? Gonna pop in the BF3 disc for the first time in months.
  • DugBriderider 4 Dec 2012 09:21:17 514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yea today is the day, but now is not the hour, rumours are 10am, why we are running on rumours I don't know.
  • binky Moderator 4 Dec 2012 09:35:53 9,236 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tempted to pick premium up today but wondering if I've missed the boat, really? Still value to be had if I grab it for 30? Are people still playing the last few packs?
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 10:32:19
    I'd think there's still a lot of playtime left in it. Aftermath looks really good, and there's one more to come obviously. Depends how much you reckon you'll play it. I bought season passes for other games then not really played them at all. I'm a bit more careful now.
  • Tryhard 4 Dec 2012 11:02:54 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There is still plenty of life in the old dog if you don't play any other FPS.I just stick with BF as my FPS franchise now,because it gives me all I want and I am good at it.Is BF3 perfect,no.

Like I have said countless times the game is solid,it is the players that are playing now that let it down.You have to search through about 10 servers until you find a game where the enemy does not have all the flags and they are spawn raping your team.Yes even on 4 & 5 flag maps I have seen all flags captured.How 12 players cannot hold at least one of five flags on a big map is beyond me.

Frustrating experience,e.g. yesterday. We are winning on Canals conquest,admin team switches me.I swap back.Then the rest of our top players are team switched.We lose obviously.

On a clan server,one of the clan is on our team and holds our tank in base on Bazaar conquest for the whole round.

I join a game on Oman conquest,after 5 minutes I am top scorer on my team, the only mug capping flags while everyone sits on the high points with x12 scopes.Enemy caps all flags,I quit.

Capture the last flag on Armoured Shield in a tank destroyer,I am team switched to admins losing team.I quit.

When you do happen to find a good team to roll with,the enemy team will all quit at the end of the round,so the search for a good server starts all over again.

I cannot remember such a large player drop out after each round in Bad Company 2 like there is in BF3.After each round you can lose upto 6-12 players.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 15:23:09
    I love how you still have to download the patch and then the Aftermath file, which is the exact same size, to get it to work.

What gun is closest to the DMR? :)

Edited by Apostle at 15:23:46 04-12-2012
  • agparrot 4 Dec 2012 16:17:32 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    I love how you still have to download the patch and then the Aftermath file, which is the exact same size, to get it to work.

What gun is closest to the DMR? :)
    Oh, I thought the Patch was 1.79Gb and Aftermath is 1.59Gb - I think they are distinct things.

I think.

Anyway, have had a quick blast on a couple of the maps and it feels great. It feels quite a lot like Karkand, which is nice. I've had no time to figure out new assignments or weapons or even try Scavenger yet, but the maps do feel lovely. I think there may be some missed opportunity for even more verticality, but the crawl-spaces and construction yards and smashed up sand-drowned towns all seem quite exciting at the moment.

Certainly a breath of fresh air for 24 players after the desolation of AK, anyway. I'll definitely be playing this tonight, I reckon.
  • Tryhard 4 Dec 2012 16:20:33 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I left the download, came back an hour later to see how it was getting on.And was disconnected from xbox live lol.Won't be ready before work so the Mrs will get to enjoy it first.

Watching an xbox stream and the guy said it almost feels like Bad Company 2.I just love the look of the maps and all the detail they threw in.But with all that detail means a campers paradise.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 17:33:14
    @agparrot Ah fair enough, I just saw 1gig and made an assumption.

I had a very brief go on Epicenter and it seemed like a lot of fun. My word though, the aiming feels weird after playing lots of Halo. Particularly the vertical sensitivity. Might take a bit of getting used to.
  • neilqpr 4 Dec 2012 18:17:50 2,797 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    An hour and twenty minutes later and I'm halfway through the second patch.

So sloooooowwww.
  • ecureuil 4 Dec 2012 20:20:56 76,024 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played a few rounds of scavenger, it was good. It's quite nice to keep using different weapons, and it's really fun when you get something you like and get a few kills with it. Tried the crossbow a couple of times but haven't yet managed a kill, but I like it. Also the earthquake tremors are really cool, especially in the middle of frantic combat.
  • Anthony_UK 5 Dec 2012 02:35:41 2,394 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The main beef I've had is the whole 24 players on console, when some of the larger maps are designed for almost triple the amount of players. Armoured Kill took this problem to the extreme to the point if me barely touching it, this latest map pack on the other hand makes BF3 fun again from my brief session tonight.

Top stuff!

Edited by Anthony_UK at 02:36:42 05-12-2012
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 07:08:28
    It's good fun, my initial feeling is much more positive than Armoured Kill, despite me being a tank whore. Scavenger mode is a nice change, but may take a bit of getting used to. I found it a bit disorientating. The round can be over quite quickly too which was a surprise, probably a design decision? It is a bit more like Close Quarters, lots of fast paced action and fast-cap flags. The detail of the new maps is almost stunning, I wasn't sure they could improve the visuals beyond Back to Karkand, but they have!

Only negative for me is this is mad compared to Halo 4. It's like chaos, in a good way. You have to speed up your reactions and movement, may take me a bit to adjust.

Edited by Apostle at 07:09:54 05-12-2012

Edited by Apostle at 07:11:14 05-12-2012
  • Tryhard 5 Dec 2012 10:17:07 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Love the new maps for conquest and CQA.Scavenger would be better if you could pick up the guns just by running over them,like you do in most other shooters.It takes like 3 seconds for me to click x and for the gun to be ready.In a mode like this,I am usually dead while in the process.

I ended my session with a 1v6 on Firestorm.Well it was 4v6 for most of the game but my 3 comrades in arms decided to equip the x12 and do f88k all.Then the server filled up in the last five minutes.
  • stephenb 5 Dec 2012 11:01:30 2,677 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Love the new maps for conquest and CQA.Scavenger would be better if you could pick up the guns just by running over them,like you do in most other shooters.It takes like 3 seconds for me to click x and for the gun to be ready.In a mode like this,I am usually dead while in the process.

I ended my session with a 1v6 on Firestorm.Well it was 4v6 for most of the game but my 3 comrades in arms decided to equip the x12 and do f88k all.Then the server filled up in the last five minutes.
    That's weird on PS3 I can hold square while at full sprint and pick up a gun. It would be odd of the 360 version differed in tat respect.

• stephenb 5 Dec 2012 11:05:53 2,677 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh you mean without a button press, my bad! In any case you don't have to pause to pick them up.
    800 ticket scavenger rounds are great fun! You really need friends with a gameplan though. Monolith with half your team camping point b in the shopping mall is not fun at all!

• kinky_mong 5 Dec 2012 11:06:29 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apostle wrote:

This pisses me of as well, such an arse-backwards way of releasing the new maps (then again pretty much everything Dice do is arse-backwards).

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Tryhard 5 Dec 2012 11:27:18 3,485 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have my Xbow so I can stick to what I do best,and that is capture flags.
    May go troll people with it on Bazaar and Metro for a few matches.:p

The few rounds I had on Aftermath CQ & CQA maps have been the most epic and smoothest infantry gameplay of BF3.I think it is Epicenter with the C flag is in that cracked up road.The action in one round,around that flag was insane,my defibs almost exploded from the rezzing I was doing.And I hardly ever play assault,so it was good to get the rust off them.
  • Page

of 514 First / Last