Playtrade (Play.coms second hand thing) Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • BizarreK 1 Mar 2013 21:52:10 64 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Old thread resurrection!

Have just sold a fat 360 console on PT. The thing is I just put a high price there as a placeholder not expecting it to sell until I was properly ready to get rid. I was gonna put it on for less. Have sold around 20 odd games on PT and never had a problem.

Just worried in case I get scammed really.

Edited by BizarreK at 13:01:07 04-03-2013
  • YenRug 2 Mar 2013 14:36:42 2,014 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It depends, what's Play/Rakuten's policy on "questioned" purchases? Do they automatically find in the favour of the buyer, like Amazon pretty much do, or is there arbitration?

If it's the latter, do at least some of the following:

1. Take photos of the system before you package it up, preferably with something to confirm the date within the photo, i.e. that day's paper, to record its physical condition.

2. Take photos of the system being packaged, to demonstrate how much protection there is.

3. Ship the system via a trackable method, especially signed for delivery, with enough insurance to cover its loss.
  • BizarreK 2 Mar 2013 22:04:11 64 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Taken from PT website:

What happens if something goes wrong?

As with any shop, occasionally something can go wrong with a customer order. The majority of problems can be resolved quickly by talking to the customer. We also provide a set of tools within your PlayTrade seller account that allow you to issue refunds, respond to customers, view sales history, and confirm dispatch of the products, basically all of the tools you need to see the sale through from start to finish.

The only thing they give you is the buyers email and the ability to give a full refund... that's it! Thanks for the tip YenRug.
  • BizarreK 6 Nov 2013 12:55:37 64 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As of 1st November 2013 Play no longer wants regular people to sell on PT. Only Protrader accounts are allowed to sell.

I only found this out because all of my listings vanished and I emailed them to ask why!
  • Rhythm 6 Nov 2013 12:59:15 2,462 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BizarreK They did warn about this 6 months ago. I heard about it back in May and I haven't traded on there for 2 years :-/
  • BizarreK 6 Nov 2013 13:06:31 64 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A big shame. They were a good alternative to ebay. They only charged 2% commission on consoles for example.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Nov 2013 13:08:20 37,302 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I migrated to Amazon Marketplace for selling stuff. There's a lot more traffic, the fees are similar and you get paid for P&P.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Shikasama 6 Nov 2013 13:35:51 6,602 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That is a shame, but I imagine with Play killing off their proper business it must have died down a bit there now anyway?

I mostly buy PC games these days so don't do a lot of trading anymore but I thought their system when I made the thread was really something great. Did very well out of it in terms of getting games cycled.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next