Worst Eurogamer Review(in recent memory)

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous
  • Rajin 15 Jun 2011 22:42:21 666 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This might(or is) something that inspires both flame wars and trolling, i sincerely hope people refrain from such things in here(if not the moderators can shut it down)

Not sure if Eurogamer minds a specific critisim pointed towards their reviews, but i want to start this thread with the idea of actually improving future reviews, and reviewers neglecting important parts of individual games.

The review that i most recently found very very bad was the White Knight Chornicles Review.

The game was reviewed WAY before any other reviews were out which makes you wonder whether the review actually spend time with the game.

Secondly, online servers were not up and are a integral part of the game, it shouldn't be solely reviewed on it campaign.

Thirdly, the reviewer complains about the intro of the game for about 1/2, 3/4 page. He could;'ve simply read the manual or played part 1 in the series to understand the mechanics.

No mention of the inclusion of part 1 which offers a substantional amount of gameplay something that should've been mentioned.

Even though the first part might've been reviewed by someone else, it is strange the the grades vary extremely in a short period of time even with the consideration of comparisons of other games in the genre.

I only posted this thread in the hope that eurogamer uses constructive critisims to improve their reviews. Please post clear and constructive critisims that actually contributes.

EDIT:

I might have actualyl posted this in the wrong section, move it as you see fit moderators
  • Collymilad 15 Jun 2011 22:44:43 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh god....
  • LionheartDJH 15 Jun 2011 22:45:07 19,541 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mafia II
    Dragon Age: Origins (console)

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 15 June 2011 22:45:41
    it was a low score by the same reviewer as WKC. i checked. ;)
  • Syrette 15 Jun 2011 22:45:47 44,211 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh I bet Eurogamer are so grateful that you created this thread to help them.

• RedSparrows 15 Jun 2011 22:47:00 24,186 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EUROGAMER ARE BIASED

JUST LOOK AT THE 9/10S FOR ALICE AND DUKE NUKEM AND HUNTED COS OF ALL THE ADS
  • Progguitarist 15 Jun 2011 22:47:59 10,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Brink. How that game scored 8/10 is beyond me.
  • JBlokeUK 15 Jun 2011 22:48:28 2,307 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Socom 4 review was not only the worse review I've ever read on EG, but the worse review I've ever read, period.

Awfully written and by someone who has no idea or experience about/with the Socom franchise.

My 4 year old god daughter could have written better.

I like it when he's angry.

• LockeTribal 15 Jun 2011 23:01:59 4,539 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Worst not worse.
  • Phily50 15 Jun 2011 23:03:33 2,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darkfall........no wait, that was just hilarious.
  • LionheartDJH 15 Jun 2011 23:03:50 19,541 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like all that loud crappy pop music is affecting your mind JBloke!

She dives for cheese pasties

• JBlokeUK 15 Jun 2011 23:05:40 2,307 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey come on I've just woke up, it's early and I haven't had a caffeine kick yet.

I like it when he's angry.

• morriss 15 Jun 2011 23:07:17 71,286 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Oh I bet Eurogamer are so grateful that you created this thread to help them.
  • jtodroc 15 Jun 2011 23:15:08 7 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows

Duken Nukem only got 3/10
  • Deleted user 15 June 2011 23:18:21
    jtodroc wrote:
    @RedSparrows

Duken Nukem only got 3/10
    oh dear, you failed the first lesson in irony! :p
  • macmurphy 15 Jun 2011 23:18:22 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jtodroc

Sarcasm fail.
  • macmurphy 15 Jun 2011 23:19:44 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dcp

Speedier response win.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 15 Jun 2011 23:21:39 10,068 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When did Twitter redesign the site to look like EG?

Oh.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2011 23:23:26
    /bows ;)
  • Whizzo 15 Jun 2011 23:24:18 43,351 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Chromehounds review is coming up to its fifth anniversary, that's still recent enough for me.

This space left intentionally blank.

• King_Edward 15 Jun 2011 23:26:57 11,471 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Every game not reviewed by Keza.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2011 23:38:44
    Too many for me. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them are well written, but theres no consistency. Some games get hammered for not being original/offering something new, yet some games that get milked and add pretty much nothing from year to year score well. It's a slight problem on most websites, though. EG is the best website for news, but the last place I come for a review.

The Brink score was quite something. How it scored above 5 on any site is beyond me. Thank god that I only got it on rental.

• Deleted user 15 June 2011 23:42:01
    meh! those who base buying games on the words of a stranger deserve to get burned! :p
  • Dolly 15 Jun 2011 23:46:01 3,256 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not even played it and I still would say the 8/10 Brink review! :p
  • neilka 16 Jun 2011 00:29:54 16,527 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just Dance
    Just Dance 2

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• SolidSCB 16 Jun 2011 00:35:52 7,363 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not too bothered about reviews, as I usually make up my mind on whether I'm going to get a game for myself. I have to say the Mafia II review made me piss my sides though. EG are like an Edge Lite for games reviews I tend to find.
  • Futaba 16 Jun 2011 00:54:35 3,538 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Just Dance
    Just Dance 2

+1

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Rufus 16 Jun 2011 01:00:38 1,756 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Every game not reviewed by Keza.

This. She's written some fantastic reviews. Her Demon Souls review (and now her OOT review) will always stick in my mind. Bang on the money.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any reviews off the top of my head that I haven't agreed with. Its the news section and Digital Foundry articles that annoy me.

EDIT: Just been reminded of the Resi 4 Wii review. That was terrible. That recent 'beginners guide to survival horror' article was an absolute joke as well.
  • BartonFink 16 Jun 2011 02:48:01 35,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rajin wrote:
    This might(or is) something that inspires both flame wars and trolling, i sincerely hope people refrain from such things in here(if not the moderators can shut it down)

Not sure if Eurogamer minds a specific critisim pointed towards their reviews, but i want to start this thread with the idea of actually improving future reviews, and reviewers neglecting important parts of individual games.

The review that i most recently found very very bad was the White Knight Chornicles Review.

The game was reviewed WAY before any other reviews were out which makes you wonder whether the review actually spend time with the game.

Secondly, online servers were not up and are a integral part of the game, it shouldn't be solely reviewed on it campaign.

Thirdly, the reviewer complains about the intro of the game for about 1/2, 3/4 page. He could;'ve simply read the manual or played part 1 in the series to understand the mechanics.

No mention of the inclusion of part 1 which offers a substantional amount of gameplay something that should've been mentioned.

Even though the first part might've been reviewed by someone else, it is strange the the grades vary extremely in a short period of time even with the consideration of comparisons of other games in the genre.

I only posted this thread in the hope that eurogamer uses constructive critisims to improve their reviews. Please post clear and constructive critisims that actually contributes.

EDIT:

I might have actualyl posted this in the wrong section, move it as you see fit moderators
    Never mind the wrong section. I think you may have chosen the wrong forum nae website for this one.

I see someone has already mentioned Dorkfail. (damn)

Not sure I get the
    the reviewer complains about the intro of the game for about 1/2, 3/4 page
    bit. Are you trying to say the reviewer didn't like the opening half of the game? I would have thought that if you get to that point and you think it's a bit shit it's probably a bit shit.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous