Gravity Rush Page 16

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• dominalien 23 Sep 2012 22:46:22 6,883 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @shuffles US game will require DLC from the US store.

PSN: DonOsito

• shuffles 23 Sep 2012 22:48:38 121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dominalien

Damn!! Cheers for the info. What's a recommended alternative in the meantime? MGS?
  • Zackv4861 24 Sep 2012 06:23:46 1,086 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh yes!!! Metal gear is great and no DLC to worry about

Edited by Zackv4861 at 06:24:48 24-09-2012
  • shuffles 24 Sep 2012 07:03:04 121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    Oh yes!!! Metal gear is great and no DLC to worry about
    Got MGS!!!! Anyone who says anything negative about a Vita must have been dropped on the head as a child........REPEATEDLY!!'

This game is immense!!

Edited by shuffles at 07:03:33 24-09-2012
  • MadCaddy13 24 Sep 2012 07:49:22 1,931 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game kinda makes me feel queezy - not loving it. I've just abandoned it for MGS 3
  • Paulie_P 28 Nov 2012 16:58:22 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Love this game, just got a gold in one of the trials over lunch there (the moving target time trial). Thought it was near impossible but in this attempt, I was in the zone, hitting each target and already aiming for the next, I even got the sliding section perfected - had a sudden rush of pride when I saw the 1'25 come up!
  • Zackv4861 28 Nov 2012 17:05:20 1,086 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well done. They were the hardest ones i thought. New comers to Vita and PS Plus really have got a great deal this and next month
  • Flying_Pig 28 Nov 2012 17:26:19 11,013 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hated the trials, but loved the game
  • Paulie_P 28 Nov 2012 17:43:04 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hated the trials first time through, the golds seemed impossible but once you leveled Kat up, you start shaving those seconds off/increasing your score and you suddenly see sections you can improve on and they start to seem achieveable.

I find there's a nice mixture of races/throwing and fighting (a lot of people complain about the combat but I enjoy it).
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Nov 2012 17:57:57 24,394 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm absolutely loving this game to bits.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Paulie_P 9 Dec 2012 21:35:53 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got the silver medal and gold metal challenges done at the same time for my platinum :)

It wasn't too difficult in the end. Once I had beat the challenge with the targets on the moving ships, I beat most within 5 attempts.

Now the dlc challenges!
  • chrisno21 10 Dec 2012 10:18:25 1,511 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Paulie_P Wow, thats some dedication, I gave each one a couple tries at most and couldn't face them again. Didn't find any of the challenges to be any fun at all.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Paulie_P 11 Dec 2012 22:03:23 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @chrisno21 Did you have your powers levelled up?

I remember when I first tried them, I saw the gold and silver medal targets and thought the silver medal looked impossible but I made sure to pass the bronze in them and leave them til the end of the game. By then I had more of a handle on the controls and the powers were quicker, stronger etc. Some of the time challenges were tough but when you got a gold beating time, the attempt was so smooth, you knew you passed before looking at the clock.

The hardest two were the junk clean up, I had to take a few attempts to find high value junk and the race with the checkpoints on the passing ships, this was hard because you would get quicker then realise the checkpoint you had memorised was in a different position than you expected.

I also didn't know how to do the sliding properly, I hadn't realised that taking one finger off the screen would give you a tighter turn and that helped a lot.
  • chrisno21 12 Dec 2012 06:46:57 1,511 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh yeah, by the end i had everything maxed, just had no patience to try/retry challenges, just a personal lack of effort. A commendable effort for any who did and got the plat though.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Paulie_P 12 Dec 2012 18:00:02 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @chrisno21 Aye it's not for everyone, I don't think I would've done it a year ago, I wouldn't have had the patience but I haven't been able to buy as many games as I used to so I've been trying to make the most of what I've got. - Uncharted GA was the first game I had platinumed and I had the PS3 since year 1.
  • Paulie_P 20 Dec 2012 13:22:27 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And that's all the DLC trophies done. I'm going to miss Kat.
  • andywilkie35 20 Dec 2012 13:27:57 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Paulie_P

Good effort mate - there were two DLC trophies I couldn't bring myself to keep trying to get so very impressed!

Superb game - probably my best three games this year have all been released on Vita (this alongside Persona 4 Golden (imported though) and Virtue's Last Reward)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Paulie_P 20 Dec 2012 22:27:10 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andywilkie35 Which two DLC trophies couldn't you finish, the hardest ones for me were:
    The Unlimited Time Attack
    Rift Plane Health Time Trial

I thought I was going to have trouble getting Silver and Gold on the Endustria Trial II, it was the last one I attempted and did it on the first attempt, barely but it was the first time I had been the right side of hundreds of a seconds within the goal!

This is one of my games of the year, I'm waiting for Persona 4 Golden next year (I still have Disgaea 3 to tie me over) and I'm a bit curious about Virtue's Last Reward.

The vita has been a great investment for me, it'll only get better with PS Plus, I have honestly used it far, far more than my 3DS at the moment and with Persona 4 on the horizon, I don't see that changing.
  • andywilkie35 20 Dec 2012 23:01:14 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Paulie_P

Just had a look, turns out there are three I didn't get:

In the Maid DLC, earning silver and gold in "Rift Plane Unlimited Time Attack" and in the Spy DLC, the Rift Plane Health Time Trial.

I traded it in when they announced it was going to be on PS Plus so will give them another go at some point :)

Completed Persona 4 Golden today with the True Ending. santashi said that he hopes Persona 5 comes to Vita as well rather than a home console and I must agree, brilliant stuff.

Put so many hours into the Vita that it has also been a superb investment for me too, magnificent piece of kit.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• monkman76 21 Dec 2012 09:52:44 4,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not really getting the love for this, six story missions in. The right stick camera is crazy twitchy and half the time Kat's floating body obscures whatever I'm aiming at. The city's just a bit drab-looking to me too.

I get the feeling when something a bit different like this comes along, people are far more forgiving of flaws. Me, I think I prefer something familiar done really well.
  • jonsaan 21 Dec 2012 10:19:34 25,349 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had the same experience!

Hated it.

Although I have to say. Now that it's a plus freebie I have gone back to it and seem to be past the horrible early game frustration. It's much better now.

FCUTA!

• monkman76 21 Dec 2012 10:31:33 4,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thing is I ought to love it, I love open worlds with interesting navigation, Infamous for example, and Arkham City. Though the gravity-bending navigation in this is (so far) not as fun as those games.
  • Paulie_P 21 Dec 2012 11:27:36 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andywilkie35 I agree, it suits me better to have the Persona games on a handheld. I first dipped into the series with Persona 3 Portable, couldn't get enough.
  • Paulie_P 21 Dec 2012 11:54:45 415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @monkman76 shame you're having problems with the camera, there is a bit of auto-targeting in practice when you press the R button.

I just loved the world created in this game and found navigating it a joy. I liked the combat and spent hours exploring the world for the gems. There was one section in the game I hated (where you had your powers downgraded) but overall I thought it was fantastic and will definitely snap up a sequel.
  • elstoof 21 Dec 2012 12:37:31 7,399 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can adjust the camera sensitivity in the options menu. I found it tough going getting used to it at first but when it clicks it really clicks. Now I look at it as though you should be pretty clumsy to start with, not every day you wake up with the ability to bend gravity.
  • Triggerhappytel 19 Jun 2013 21:03:48 2,695 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been playing this for about a week now, absolutely loving it so far. The art style and presentation is superb, the city is distinct and charming, Kat is a great character and I think the controls are about as perfect as they ever could be. It really does feel terrific to fly around the place and fight Nevi; she feels like a cool superhero. I'm glad there's an upgrade system as it feels like it brings a well judged level of depth, and it has a perfect balance of platforming and adventuring without relying on combat too much.

Just brilliant so far; tied with Guacamelee as my favourite Vita game so far, and I'd say in my top 5 releases of last year.

Edit - is any of the DLC worthwhile? I got this gorgeous free through PS+, and feel like throwing some money their way. Although that said, I'll absolutely be there on launch day for the inevitable sequel.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 21:05:57 19-06-2013
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jun 2013 21:11:37 11,013 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel - the DLC is ok. Each pack consists of about 5 or so new missions and a couple of challenges. Nothing really new. Finish the game and if you still have a hankering for some more they're worth a bash :)
  • aros 20 Jun 2013 09:12:07 2,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Once you get some upgrades the controls and powers are just AMAZING. I loved this game so much. Just forget about which way the ground is when you're fighting, then you feel 'free' and realise a big complaint about the game doesn't matter. This is still one of my favourite Vita games for sure.
  • Roddy100 20 Jun 2013 22:50:14 764 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My only real criticism was that I wished there was more to do in the world. The challenges are okay but I'd have loved to see some proper side-quests (not counting the DLC).

Overall the game was terrific though and it was a great showcase for what the Vita can really do. Just hurtling through the landscape was a treat in itself. Definitely one of the Vita's best games.
  • aros 21 Jun 2013 12:04:04 2,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The height of some of the buildings was incredible, jumping off them and free-falling was brilliant. I really hope Gravity Rush 2 is in development and Studio Japan are only wasting a small team on the f2p piece of crap they are making.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last