Rayman Origins Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• whatthefu 27 Jan 2012 21:52:57 870 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just read this is coming to pc, nice one.
    Then most of the recent comments in here say its crap lol
  • Lexx87 27 Jan 2012 21:54:08 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remember it's always the minority who often come to say negative stuff, i've heard nothing but praise!

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 27 January 2012 21:58:14
    I think its the bees knees. The most fun i have gaming recently. Is it down to 2D platform nostaglia? probably yes, but it still a great game. platform mechanics are good, controls for me are fine (not as crisp and responsive as DKC), but it suits the game because of the level design, etc.

Its cheap enough to pick up if you are unsure.
  • King_Edward 27 Jan 2012 22:54:36 11,454 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Telling people to grow up is so immature.
  • ElNino9 27 Jan 2012 23:08:10 13,430 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People that feel the need to tell someone they're immature need to get a life.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Dirtbox 27 Jan 2012 23:08:51 78,209 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ecosse is the shittest at games.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deckard1 28 Jan 2012 09:12:46 27,997 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ecosse is the shittest at everything.
  • cowell 28 Jan 2012 10:42:34 695 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @whatthefu

It's a fabulous game and all the reviews support that. No backwards flying dragons either.

It certainly sucks you in very early but does bite back a bit later in the game in terms of difficulty, which is perhaps why people have calmed their opinion slightly. Despite the difficulty spike, I still loved it.

This is one of the best games you'd pick up for 20 quid
  • INSOMANiAC 13 Mar 2012 20:24:18 3,829 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got this on Vita and its certainly a beautiful game, done the first few levels and enjoying it, I wasnt going to get it due to never liking the character, or previous games of Rayman.

With the touching the screen to pop bubbles it feels like the game was made for the Vita (I played it on Xbox briefly but didnt really give it a chance)

Lots of stuff to collect but I'm already finding certain sections irritating so if the difficulty spikes as much as people are saying I may not last the distance! Don't want to be launching my shiny Vita at a wall..

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 20:28:40 13-03-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 13 Mar 2012 20:27:20 3,829 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    A lot of people are really gushing over this and while I'm enjoying playing it in dribs and drabs the controls do feel too loose to be ranked in the upper echelons of platforming greats.

Once you get past the excellent presentation it's a competent platformer, no more. Just my two cents anyway.
    Agree completely. It's beautiful and smooth but the general movement and jump system is just too loose - the sensitivity needs turning down a few notches. It's fun in small doses and it's competent but it pales in comparison to any Mario title and Super Meat Boy (which keeps the same pace as RO, if not faster, but gives you perfect precision with it).

It's impressive how Nintendo nail that over and over again when others struggle so much.
    I found the controls to be a little loose on the Xbox but the Vita version is a little better I think, the smaller analogue (yes, I know its actually digital) stick makes it better or failing that the Dpad on the Vita is probably the best out there.

What I don't particularly like is the jumping off walls and seemingly lacking any control of where you land and having to press jump twice to do the helicopter head thingy, it just feels like you should float by holding jump ala Mario 3DS

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 20:27:53 13-03-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• DiamondIce 14 Mar 2012 11:50:02 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last few levels enraged me to the point that if I had been playing this with a pad, it would have been launched at the wall. I managed to keep my anger in check seeing as I was playing on the Vita (thankfully).

I finished the game last night (I saw the ending credits, which were quite therapeutic) but there is a lot to do before I can say it is completed.

I enjoyed Rayman far more than I thought and it was a slight gamble buying this with the Vita but I have got my money's worth. There are still many hours I will sink into this to get as many of the collectibles as possible.

There were times when the character would seem to react randomly to situations when jumping and landing which on later levels was infuriating. And as INSOMANiAC said above, a hold of the jump button to hover would have been better than a double press.

I called the game every name under the sun at various points (I ****ing hate those running chests!) but I would still say a 9/10 is deserved.

FLOPS! RAM!

• Nikator 15 Mar 2012 00:55:47 55 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Completed it last night, well all the levels anyway not all extras, final stages are so hard they took hours. But although slighty frustrating they were never infuriating, death never felt cheap and the whole thing never lost its magic and fun. Failure was met with laughter or talking where we went wrong. Absolutely fantastic game and the best i've played in a while!
  • DiamondIce 15 Mar 2012 09:58:49 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nikator wrote:
    Completed it last night, well all the levels anyway not all extras, final stages are so hard they took hours. But although slighty frustrating they were never infuriating, death never felt cheap and the whole thing never lost its magic and fun. Failure was met with laughter or talking where we went wrong. Absolutely fantastic game and the best i've played in a while!
    You're a calmer person than I am.

If you replace "failure was met with laughter" with "failure was met with an amalgamation of swear words that sounded like an incoherent mess" then that was more my thing.

Edited by DiamondIce at 09:59:04 15-03-2012

FLOPS! RAM!

• Nikator 15 Mar 2012 10:45:31 55 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well there were several swear words uttered. But I never came close to losing my patience with the game, only myself. The controls are so tight and the way the game works always made me say, one more go! The only criticism of the game I would have is that if you fail a lot (just realized there are infinite lives!) it asks you if you want to quit, which can become annoying.
  • RunningMan 15 Mar 2012 11:09:20 2,415 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I gave up on the dragon and bubble boss. Got to the final section, but just couldn't do it. Really enjoyed 95% of it until then. Hope it did well enough for another one to be made.

Edited by RunningMan at 11:09:49 15-03-2012
  • Deleted user 16 March 2012 01:07:55
    Glad I'm not the only one that found it fucking tricky!
  • Nikator 16 Mar 2012 01:35:13 55 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I still think the original game is up there with the hardest games I have ever played! Admittedly I was younger then but it could well be a challenge now, they are fiendishly tricky platformers- I love it!

Edit- typo

Edited by Nikator at 01:35:44 16-03-2012
  • Deleted user 16 March 2012 01:44:33
    This and Motorstorm RC give Trials HD a run for it's money.
  • woodnotes 15 Apr 2012 00:32:44 4,925 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just upgraded to this year's 46" Samsung ES8000 TV and this game looks genuinely mind-blowing on it! Beautiful is an understatement.
  • Zizoo 28 Jun 2012 12:18:38 8,378 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it possible to have more than one save on this? The GF wants to play it as well.

Vita version.

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:23:03 28-06-2012
  • mrpon 28 Jun 2012 12:41:29 28,921 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    Just upgraded to this year's 46" Samsung ES8000 TV and this game looks genuinely mind-blowing on it! Beautiful is an understatement.
    This one wood? It's on my wanted list after that review!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Kay 28 Jun 2012 12:53:44 17,889 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is it possible to have more than one save on this? The GF wants to play it as well.

Vita version.
    Unfortunately not, as is the case with all Vita games I think.
  • Zizoo 28 Jun 2012 12:56:02 8,378 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's a pity. I'll just have to play something else while she plays this then.
  • Kangoo 28 Jun 2012 13:03:16 1,016 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking at some of the comments, I must be some sort of masochist as I have the platinum of PS3 and PSV.

PSN: Adwab2

• FuzzyDuck 25 Jul 2012 23:16:45 4,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This and DKCR are two of the best 2D platformers since the 16-bit era.

Being tough as nails helps them both as without the challenge of navigation there's bugger all else to do.
  • FuzzyDuck 25 Jul 2012 23:16:45 4,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This and DKCR are two of the best 2D platformers since the 16-bit era.

Being tough as nails helps them both as without the challenge of navigation there's bugger all else to do.
  • SuperBas 19 Sep 2012 11:35:40 1,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bump

Anyone tried the iOS game yet? Is it any good? It looks as good as the console version. If it plays anything like the console game's chest chase levels, I'm in.

Edit: it's out now, a day earlier than originally announced.

Edited by SuperBas at 11:37:29 19-09-2012
  • DiSC0_JeRk 19 Sep 2012 23:34:54 131 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Bump

Anyone tried the iOS game yet? Is it any good? It looks as good as the console version. If it plays anything like the console game's chest chase levels, I'm in.

Edit: it's out now, a day earlier than originally announced.
    Yep, just bought it, it's excellent.

It's more of an endless runner than a normal platformer. Rayman runs left to right and you control his jumps. Sounds worse than it is but it plays really well. I normally hate those games but this is a bit special. Probably helps that is looks exactly like Origins which I loved.

Well worth the 1.99
  • Page

of 9 First / Last