• LeoliansBro 28 Nov 2012 07:59:59 44,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not so much 'explained' as 'spun'.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• NOSAVIOUR 28 Nov 2012 08:16:53 2,804 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't see the next Xbox and 360 launching next year. If anything the Wii u will help prolong their life. With Microsoft releasing 2 of their biggest ip's (halo and gears) in the same 12 -14 month period on the 360 and not their next system makes it even more believable they'll hold off until 2014. If they do, then we're going to hear about it may latest to start that hype machine rolling.
  • RyanDS 28 Nov 2012 08:21:53 9,583 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dean0null wrote:

The Wii U has been explained by developers as having a weaker CPU than the Xbox 360 and PS3, but it does have a better GPU. So it'll be harder for the Wii U to process complex games, but what it does process will look a bit prettier.
    So the games will look pretty but gameplay will suffer?

Edited by RyanDS at 08:23:22 28-11-2012
  • EMarkM 28 Nov 2012 08:30:00 3,186 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Really well written article on what Nintendo is attempting to do with the Wii U

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/182294/persuasive_games_wii_cant_go_on_.php
    Great read. I'd forgotten about Gama Sutra. Thanks for posting.
  • NotSoSlim 28 Nov 2012 08:44:24 3,129 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    dean0null wrote:

The Wii U has been explained by developers as having a weaker CPU than the Xbox 360 and PS3, but it does have a better GPU. So it'll be harder for the Wii U to process complex games, but what it does process will look a bit prettier.
    Well gameplay on Wii didnt suffer just graphics so as the Wii U is more powerful i dont see how it should be any different.

Down to Nintendo to get Western devs onboard. Japanese devs will flock to it
  • kalel 28 Nov 2012 08:47:03 88,416 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/182294/persuasive_games_wii_cant_go_on_.php
    Holy crap. What an astonishing bunch of arse that was.
  • andijames 28 Nov 2012 08:58:17 2,796 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @NotSoSlim

Ah ok thanks :) Just on the confirmation email i received it says estimated dispatch date as 30th :/ hopefully it'll turn up for Friday. If not no dramas saturday is just as good!

vivir el momento

• smoothpete 28 Nov 2012 09:01:17 31,574 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

I got to the middle of page 2 where the writer says "Nintendo tacitly admits..." and could read no further.
  • RyanDS 28 Nov 2012 09:05:53 9,583 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    dean0null wrote:

Well gameplay on Wii didnt suffer just graphics so as the Wii U is more powerful i dont see how it should be any different.

Down to Nintendo to get Western devs onboard. Japanese devs will flock to it
    To be fair there were lots of genres that the Wii couldn't do. Theres no open world games for. Is that because it couldn't cope with the genre (eg Morrowind even, let alone Skyrim) or because no one could be bothered to try?
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Nov 2012 09:06:46 3,335 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Im pretty sure i already know the answer to this, but, seeing as i've ordered my Wii U off Asda, that means i'll be getting it November 30th 2013 right?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• smoothpete 28 Nov 2012 09:10:36 31,574 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Im pretty sure i already know the answer to this, but, seeing as i've ordered my Wii U off Asda, that means i'll be getting it November 30th 2013 right?
    Or they'll send you an alternative product. So in Asda's case, probably a Gameboy and 10 kilos of over chips
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Nov 2012 09:13:42 3,335 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Crinkle cut FTW.

• Ultrasoundwave 28 Nov 2012 09:15:27 3,335 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, just to fill me with even more oodles of confidence......Yodel are their courier of choice.

I would find it funny if i hadnt just realised i've blown 340......and its only Wednesday!

• roz123 28 Nov 2012 09:15:34 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

I got to the middle of page 2 where the writer says "Nintendo tacitly admits..." and could read no further.
    You didn't get to the Beckett quote? :lol: I thought it made some good points and was more interesting to read then your usual "5 things the Wii U does" articles even if it does waffle on.
  • andijames 28 Nov 2012 09:19:06 2,796 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Also, just to fill me with even more oodles of confidence......Yodel are their courier of choice.

I would find it funny if i hadnt just realised i've blown 340......and its only Wednesday!
    Me too :/ buyer's guilt kicking in bigtime. Even more worried now i've ordered from Sainsbury's and only just read previous customer's comments. Oh well fingers crossed it'll turn up on release day!

vivir el momento

• andijames 28 Nov 2012 09:19:26 2,796 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By the way have you lot scared Higgins off now?

vivir el momento

• LeoliansBro 28 Nov 2012 09:20:02 44,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hopefully. Twat.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 28 Nov 2012 09:20:09 60,444 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got the dispatch email! Should be here by tomorrow morning!

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• elstoof 28 Nov 2012 09:21:04 7,743 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RyanDS Xenoblade was pretty open.
  • roz123 28 Nov 2012 09:23:00 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I ordered with ASDA and its still awaiting stock. There is a message on the Nintendo Land bundle page that if you ordered before the 16th Nov you will receive it on the 30th.
    I would have gone with Shopto but they didn't seem too certain they could deliver it on day one at that time.

Edited by roz123 at 09:23:56 28-11-2012
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Nov 2012 09:24:33 3,335 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    By the way have you lot scared Higgins off now?
    From what i could gather, Higgins kept throwing himself on the Nintendo grenade, pledging allegiance to the Wii U and defending it to the death.

Then, in a random comment, he said something like "Yeah, i've realised its shit and i've cancelled my pre-order".

.....and he was never seen again.

• AcidSnake 28 Nov 2012 09:33:47 7,285 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /close up of higgins walking away
    /hand slowly moves more fluidly
    /limp gradually turns into confident smooth stroll

And just like that...He's gone...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• elstoof 28 Nov 2012 09:34:06 7,743 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    In case anyone missed higgins78's comment on the Reggie article yesterday:

Even as a long, long time Nintendo supporter and "customer" I would find it hard to disagree with any comments made in this here article. I have a Wii U pre-ordered but have decided as of today to cancel, thus making it the first major Nintendo console Ive not purchased at launch. I will no doubt be buying one in the not to distant future once the AAA games - which they always do - follow, but as today stands I don't see a rosy horizon.

Agree totally with the comments concerning "the end of an era" in videogames.
    IT'S SO SHIT THAT HIGGINS78 HAS GIVEN UP.
  • Phattso Moderator 28 Nov 2012 09:40:41 13,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wonder what would happen if we locked vizzini and higgins78 in a thread together? They'd probably depress each other into a suicide pact.
  • nickthegun 28 Nov 2012 09:42:50 60,444 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

• AcidSnake 28 Nov 2012 09:43:41 7,285 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I wonder what would happen if we locked vizzini and higgins78 in a thread together? They'd probably depress each other into a suicide pact.
    Proposed thread title to lure them in:
    "Why Xbox360 is more powerful than PS3 and more innovative than Nintendo"

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• DuvaDan88 28 Nov 2012 09:44:45 542 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Woo Hoo! Shopto have shipped my wii u, glad im off tomorrow to collect it and play on it. Now to work out how to skip work friday I really dont want this 12.5 shift boo!

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• kalel 28 Nov 2012 09:47:14 88,416 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

You didn't get to the Beckett quote? :lol: I thought it made some good points and was more interesting to read then your usual "5 things the Wii U does" articles even if it does waffle on.
    There are some points in there but they're buried in pretentious fanboy wank. Also I hate this American point of view that gaming was dead in the 80s until Nintendo came along. Such bollocks.
  • nickthegun 28 Nov 2012 09:49:30 60,444 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    Woo Hoo! Shopto have shipped my wii u, glad im off tomorrow to collect it and play on it. Now to work out how to skip work friday I really dont want this 12.5 shift boo!
    Me too but I dont get to play it until my birthday at the weekend :(

• Page

of 1369 First / Last