Wii U Page 261

• Page

of 1365 First / Last

• Tekkirai 20 Nov 2012 15:41:12 104 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Fake_Blood Now now little sheep, no need for such language. Back to the pasture with you.
  • Whizzo 20 Nov 2012 15:51:34 43,151 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Weird use of a bat in that footage, if you're in an open area you'd get much more oopmh from a horizontal attack, maybe even get a four with a decent slog.

This space left intentionally blank.

• javvyman 20 Nov 2012 15:54:26 709 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Excellent video, I imagine I'll be playing it in a similar fashion..although.... how did he not see those turrets! at around 10mins.
  • Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 15:54:29 9,784 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus, for a game with an emphasis on managing your inventory, he doesn't half waste bullets in that riot coppers arse!
  • vyseofhr 20 Nov 2012 15:59:25 849 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't pre-ordered ZombiU but that looks absolutely fuckin' ace. Every time I see more footage I get closer to shoving it on the pre-order. Feels like Sonic Racing, NSMBU, NintendoLand and ZombiU is possibly one game too many for launch day.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 16:00:52 9,784 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's the same as my list mate, but only as Scribblenauts isn't out over here on launch. Although I am tempted to exchange my Ps3 BLOPS2 for the Wii U version.
  • javvyman 20 Nov 2012 16:04:05 709 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All good choices, but from my own perspective, I don't see any point in buying multiplatform games as I imagine they will become cheaper on the 360 / PS3 at some point down the line, and Wii U versions will retain value. Plus, better to get games designed exclusively for the gamepad IMO.

Got ZombiU, NSMB U and Nintendo Land so far...

Edited by javvyman at 16:04:57 20-11-2012
  • rock27gr 20 Nov 2012 16:06:21 5,582 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, a good thread on the audio side of things on Neogaf. It seems surround for the Wii mode is also gone. No DPLII support even if the analogue out is used.
  • rock27gr 20 Nov 2012 16:12:18 5,582 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZombiU is the only thing right now that is keeping me interested in this. Otherwise it's probably better to wait until/if a few things get sorted by Nintendo, and more exclusives are available.

And I have a feeling ZombiU will be one of those games that will infuriate me, never had the patience for stealth games, and it sounds like this plays like one.

I could use some of money to get my back-catalogue of (cheap by now) Wii/360 games shortened too, while WiiU prices drop a bit.
  • jimnastics 20 Nov 2012 16:13:14 283 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    rock27gr wrote:
    So, a good thread on the audio side of things on Neogaf. It seems surround for the Wii mode is also gone. No DPLII support even if the analogue out is used.
    The audio on the Wii U is another thing annoying me. My receiver is mid-range from a few years ago, and doesn't have HDMI inputs. This means I either a) put up with no 5.1 or b) have to buy a new receiver. Maybe I was short sighted all those years back not making sure it had HDMI, but it's a great receiver in general. Wish Ninty could have just stuck an optical out on the Wii U. And the reports of poor Wii audio support is not good news... with the low resale value of Wiis, I guess I'll keep hold of mine now to play Wii and GC games.
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 16:14:42
    It doesn't have an optical out?!
  • rock27gr 20 Nov 2012 16:22:12 5,582 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jimnastics

Indeed, I was considering keeping my current setup (component and RCA from Wii to Receiver and then Component to TV), but replace the Wii with the Wii U.

However there doesn't seem to be any point to doing this anymore, if not even Wii games will utilise DPLII surround on WiiU, a feature Wii had, then there's zero chance of WiiU games doing so.

Edited by rock27gr at 16:22:36 20-11-2012
  • rock27gr 20 Nov 2012 16:30:03 5,582 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    It doesn't have an optical out?!
    Nope, and it doesn't support any Dolby or DTS formats either.
  • RobTheBuilder 20 Nov 2012 16:54:37 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @higgins78 This will only happen if two things happen (as a minimum).

1. Nintendo create a BIG stock of great first and second party games before the new Xbox/PS launches. This will be helped by some good third party games that are visibly better than 360/PS3.

2. When the new consoles launch, Nintendo has a whacking great price cut, as 300 will not be a good price point to be at when the new machines are out. I'd say 199 is the key figure here.
  • nickthegun 20 Nov 2012 16:54:42 60,135 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You keep saying 'huge library' like thats ever going to happen or indeed has happened to a nintendo home console for the last near 20 years.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 17:00:03 9,784 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @higgins78 This will only happen if two things happen (as a minimum).

1. Nintendo create a BIG stock of great first and second party games before the new Xbox/PS launches. This will be helped by some good third party games that are visibly better than 360/PS3.

2. When the new consoles launch, Nintendo has a whacking great price cut, as 300 will not be a good price point to be at when the new machines are out. I'd say 199 is the key figure here.
    Somebody say 199?get in! Mine will still have been cheaper.
  • nickthegun 20 Nov 2012 17:00:50 60,135 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A Wii was available on amazon today for 89.99.

Just fyi and all that.

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 17:04:44 9,784 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Just fyi and all that.
    They've been that price for a while. Those sales are so cynical.
  • nickthegun 20 Nov 2012 17:08:18 60,135 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

Just fyi and all that.
    You by any chance referring to a) a second-hand console or b) the cheaper and far inferior (doesn't play Gamecube games) model? Care if that is the case to point me in the direction of a "full fat" Wii being sold at a "massive" knockdown price...
    Thats beside the point. They have progressively lowered the price of the wii since it was released...............................................................................................................................................................................................

• RobTheBuilder 20 Nov 2012 17:08:25 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:

First, I think I already stated I believe come the next 360 and PS3 Nintendo will have a good catalog of games available, be it multi-platform, exclusives and "system sellers", also with the OS being polished and preened to perfection.

Secondly, I believe you exaggerate once again. Nintendo has been selling the Wii like hot cakes - as we know - without any "whacking" price cut to date. I don't see it being any different this/next gen, in fact, I think it could even arguably be easier for Nintendo as this time they have a time advantage that they didn't previously.
    1. I hope so. I think they will need to produce them quicker than on the GC or Wii in order to drag sales away from the new machines.

2. The difference there is that motion control was completely new. Nothing had ever done that before. With tablets out for a long time, it doesn't have the same newness factor, and therefore the price becomes a far more important factor. Nintendo have already recognised this by selling it at a loss.
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 17:08:57
    Is someone trying to claim Nintendo are the champions of innovation in games again?
  • nickthegun 20 Nov 2012 17:09:19 60,135 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    You keep saying 'huge library' like thats ever going to happen or indeed has happened to a nintendo home console for the last near 20 years.
    My mistake. For "huge library" read: an exclusive library of games which are "system sellers" and embarrass others via innovation, polish and most importantly...fun.
    Again, they havent done this for the last 20 years...............

• Page

of 1365 First / Last