Gambit1977 wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So the WiiU falls between two stools?
    Yeah and ones got sweetcorn in it.

SWISH!
    And the other has peanuts in?
    If you're talking about the 360 I think you spelled Penis wrong!
    Hey! It was a genuine question.
    So was mine :lol:
    No. There is a difference between a question and a statement.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• woodnotes 20 Nov 2012 10:32:26 4,923 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rayman Legends isn't out until 1st Feb in the UK. Scribblebnauts Unlimited still TBC.
  • JinTypeNoir 20 Nov 2012 10:33:35 4,377 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:

Whether this generation bucks the not-so-weird-when-you-think-about-it remains to be seen, but quite apart from where the games I want to play appear, my heart will support the console maker whose platform gives the widest variety of developers the opportunity to shine, for whatever reason.
    Sony and MS with the thriving PSN and indie stores?
    Wow. It looks like the rumors about you were true.
    The rumours that I am incredibly handsome and brilliant? seriously though psn and live have been fantastic for small devs and I really don't see nintendo offering anything up to that level.
    My entire post was addressing the issue of mid-sized developers and the market for smaller packaged games and the types of development teams whose concepts can't survive in the current console download market. Stuff like Fatal Frame IV, de Blob or Arc Rise Fantasia currently--and especially not back then--don't work out financially as download titles.

When it comes to the small game download market though, its not like Nintendo didn't have their share of titles too. I'm not sure that if you compare raw numbers (as going into which download platform had the best games is way too hard to decide in any matter everyone can agree on) that they all that different (obviously ignoring the free-to-develop Xbox thingy, because you can't compare what the other three platforms didn't have in the first place).
  • RyanDS 20 Nov 2012 10:33:38 9,259 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On the plus side my wife has confirmed that I now have a preorder from Shopto for the Zombie pack plus NSMBU to be delivered on launch date. Looking forward to it.

Will start picking up all the must haves from the Wii that I missed.

So that is:

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
    Xenoblade.
    Zelda Skyward Sword

Anything else? Twighlight Princess was pretty poor compared to Wind Waker and most other things I tried I found the control system hateful.
  • LeoliansBro 20 Nov 2012 10:34:27 43,822 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why can't they survive, I wonder?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 20 Nov 2012 10:34:48 7,241 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What genres do you like?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 20 November 2012 10:35:22
    RyanDS wrote:
    On the plus side my wife has confirmed that I now have a preorder from Shopto for the Zombie pack plus NSMBU to be delivered on launch date. Looking forward to it.

So that is:

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
    Xenoblade.
    Zelda Skyward Sword

Anything else? Twighlight Princess was pretty poor compared to Wind Waker and most other things I tried I found the control system hateful.
    Donkey Kong Country returns.
  • RyanDS 20 Nov 2012 10:36:44 9,259 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    What genres do you like?
    Pretty much anything really. But RPGs in particular.

Basically I ignored the Wii mostly as the controls felt shoehorned into most games, and the graphics were poor alongside the twins. However I do know there are classics I missed so may as well give them a proper try.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Nov 2012 10:37:08 37,861 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Plus confidence isn't high on the WiiU so expect ports to be unoptimised for the rest of the current gen. There's no point for them to spend the money at the moment.
    So the WiiU falls between two stools? It'll be the console to avoid while this gen plays out due to unoptimised multiplatform games, and then the console to avoid in the next gen because the competitors are capable of so much more?

Bit stark.
    Well I purposely avoided writing that so I wouldn't be too negative, but I can see that potentially being the case. This time next year is going to be tough if you have a WiiU and want more than Nintendo games.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• vyseofhr 20 Nov 2012 10:37:49 821 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

So that is:

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
    Xenoblade.
    Zelda Skyward Sword

I'd be picking up:

Zack and Wiki
    Last Story
    Donkey Kong
    Metroid Trilogy (good luck finding it at a decent price though)

Which are all games not hampered by the control system.
    Most other stuff I'd avoid.

Edit: Little King's Story is sublime too.

Edited by vyseofhr at 10:38:07 20-11-2012

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• RyanDS 20 Nov 2012 10:40:31 9,259 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers guys. That's enough for me to get going on with. (Really don't want to derail the thread much.)
  • vyseofhr 20 Nov 2012 10:44:48 821 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, it's way offbeat and has loads of waggle, is undoubtedly shit in a lot of parts, but I had way too much guilty pleasure out of Disaster: Day of Crisis too. In fact, I'd go so far as saying my first playthrough was one of the most fun experiences I've had this gen. The storyline is fucking nuts, in the best way possible.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Deleted user 20 November 2012 10:46:52
    Almost as if it were a game :D Was defo good fun.

Also, excite truck and it's sequel
  • JinTypeNoir 20 Nov 2012 10:48:40 4,377 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're really into RPGs, you'll want to check out Arc Rise Fantasia, if you're not deterred by a supposedly horrible translation; Baroque, if you like dungeon hacks and roguelikes; Opoona, if you want something really original and like cute things and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, because its a lot better of a game then reactions to it suggest. Also, Pandora's Tower is either an adventure game or an action RPG depending on who you ask, but its rad either way and comes fully recommended.
  • disusedgenius 20 Nov 2012 10:54:41 5,284 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it actually backwards compatible yet?
  • Baleoce 20 Nov 2012 10:55:18 1,185 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm really looking forward to playing the Wii back catalogue tbh.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• AcidSnake 20 Nov 2012 10:56:50 7,241 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What the others said, also if you're into it one of the Trauma Centers...
    Bit.Trip.Complete, the first De Blob...Not RPGs, but fun nonetheless...

If you like lightgun games the RE ones, House of the dead Overkill and Dead Space are all quite fun and substantial...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• DaM 20 Nov 2012 11:03:43 12,992 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great, reminded me that I still have to finish SMG 1 and 2, and Xenoblade (and Xenogears for the PS1 come to that...might write that one off).
  • Youthist 20 Nov 2012 11:03:57 10,011 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the Wii U any good?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Chopsen 20 Nov 2012 11:04:11 15,874 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No. It's shit.
  • Youthist 20 Nov 2012 11:05:35 10,011 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Don't think so in the US yet. But I think I read that PAL will be by the time it is released. Let's hope the basic can handle that firmware update.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 11:06:38 9,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Yes. And apparently RE4 looks much sharper and nicer. BUT, signal over HDMI doesn't change the aspect on your tv, so some games have a border.
  • Kay 20 Nov 2012 11:06:57 17,823 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is in the US. According to reports Wii games look a little cleaner and more vibrant to, as it's outputting over HDMI.
  • Raiko101 20 Nov 2012 11:07:39 6,219 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anno: Create a New World is a brilliant time waster. I'm not big on RTS games anymore, and this is more of an introduction to the genre, but this held my attention for a number of months.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Youthist 20 Nov 2012 11:09:55 10,011 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't the image of the Gamepad that EG are using on the front screen the old prototype with the slider buttons as opposed to the proper thumb sticks?

• Gambit1977 20 Nov 2012 11:09:56 9,583 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ME3 review up on gamesradar
    Does it EFFECT U?

4.5/5
  • Youthist 20 Nov 2012 11:10:22 10,011 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Don't think so in the US yet. But I think I read that PAL will be by the time it is released. Let's hope the basic can handle that firmware update.
    Or not.

• disusedgenius 20 Nov 2012 11:10:47 5,284 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 11:12:01
    fixed
  • Raiko101 20 Nov 2012 11:15:30 6,219 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    ME3 review up on gamesradar
    Does it EFFECT U?

4.5/5
    If they only intended on porting one of these games, they could have at least started with the first one. Nobody is going to buy this. This will be the biggest waste of time any developer has spent on the Wii U so far.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 1357 First / Last