Wii U Page 254

• Page

of 1348 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 19 Nov 2012 20:02:03 43,247 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    The 360 was released seven years ago though.
    Big deal! It was even then a "gimped" PC, but that is sort of missing the point as much as it is to say the Wii or Wii U are "gimped".
    They're gimped in that you can play better versions of the cross platform games elsewhere, and for less money.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• OmniaVincitAmor 19 Nov 2012 20:02:08 1,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Anyone who starts comparing PCs to consoles doesn't understand either.
    This.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 20:02:45 3,919 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    Just read the Eurogamer (which I generally trust trust on opinions) review of the Wii U hardware...oh damn. That read something akin to a kick in the stomach. First time since I pre-ordered the console back in early October am I seriously questioning whether I shouldn't just bail and see how things pan out as opposed to pricing. This is the first time in living history I have ever questioned buying my shiny new Nintendo console at launch couldn't wait a little while longer.
    This is the most ironic thing I have ever read!
    How come?
    If you need to ask, add stupidity to that.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Derblington 19 Nov 2012 20:10:44 21,332 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Nov 2012 20:20:08 5,100 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only just cancelled my Wii U pre-order ...

... am a little bit disheartened however, I am quite content with the Xbox 360 for another year and hopefully by the time next Christmas comes around, the Wii U shall have a couple of great games.

New Super Mario Bros. U hasn't set the world alight like the way Super Mario Galaxy (and 2) or even the wonderful Super Mario 3D Land did, which is a shame when you think how spellbinding the way Super Mario 64 took centre stage for N64 launch.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 20:22:01 19-11-2012
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2012 20:27:56 10,308 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Massive overreaction, it's a shame it's not more powerful and there are quite a few teething problems but the machine and a few of thr initial releases look great, the second generation of titles will look superb.

Have people forgotten what the 360 and PS3 were like at first?
    Bunch of crybaby wusses :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Psychotext 19 Nov 2012 20:30:00 53,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Might as well wait for the second generation of titles then. Ironic really because I remember your digs at the PS3 for the "paying for potential" line.
  • Gambit1977 19 Nov 2012 20:30:22 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm with the fanboy on this one like.
    If I wasn't getting it for half price, I'd cancel.

Edited by Gambit1977 at 20:31:15 19-11-2012
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 20:31:24
    Problem with internet forums. Negative opinions drown out the good.

Still there are alot of teething problems that need sorting. that is one reason alone to wait a couple of months
  • Gambit1977 19 Nov 2012 20:34:02 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My biggest issue, isn't the gimped hardware, or the poor OS. Or naff ports.

It's the fact that Xbox live was better than the Nintendo network nearly 10 years ago.
  • richardiox 19 Nov 2012 20:34:56 5,547 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In summary, true to the form set by the Wii - in terms of the hardware capability this is a "last gen" console released 12 months before competitors release their "next gen" offerings.

It really does boggle my mind to think when "project cafe" was announced Nintendo claimed or implied they would be winning back the hardcore gamer with a technologically capable machine.

Fast forward 18 months and it has below par online, purchased tied to a single console (what the fuck) and has multiplat games that don't compare favourably to their PS360 versions. Both of which are 7 year old systems. I know this is only launch software and ported versions too but really, a 2012 onwards machine should be able to handle Batman etc without breaking a sweat.

And a massive lol at Higgins' change of heart. Dismissing everyone else's concerns until the day EG publish their verdict when all of a sudden the problems are legit. "told you so" etc.

Yes, I'm sure as always first party software will make and sustain the WiiU. But that has been as much of a curse for previous Nintendo consoles as a blessing. Why can't Ninty just give us those amazing Nintendo games but also create a system that can capably offer the full gaming spectrum.
  • CYBER-WOO 19 Nov 2012 20:37:04 71 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone know if you can have audio output from the av multi out, and use HDMI just for video? Like the PS3 or X-Box? I can't for the life of me find any thing online about this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • mal 19 Nov 2012 20:48:33 22,341 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:
    Latest list of problems from those fussy beggars on Neogaf .......

- Audio/video tied to HDMI or component, no option for one on either.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2012 20:51:42 10,308 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Might as well wait for the second generation of titles then. Ironic really because I remember your digs at the PS3 for the "paying for potential" line.
    Yes but I was a fanboy twat then.
    Bloody hell, your memory is good, I don't remember that!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Pinky_Floyd 19 Nov 2012 21:04:07 7,456 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What did I miss? Did Nintendo eat everyones hamster? Again?
  • Psychotext 19 Nov 2012 21:08:02 53,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Yes but I was a fanboy twat then.
    Bloody hell, your memory is good, I don't remember that!
    Good times. :D
  • caligari 19 Nov 2012 21:11:20 16,999 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    What did I miss? Did Nintendo eat everyones hamster? Again?
    Nope, but Freddie Starr did. It was a baby hamster, too.
  • Derblington 19 Nov 2012 21:14:37 21,332 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For all the problems the console has, I still want to play ZombiU and NSMBU. I don't know when I'll get one to play them but I do know I will.
  • Progguitarist 19 Nov 2012 21:40:52 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    How are you getting it for half price?
  • Gambit1977 19 Nov 2012 21:43:59 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Ordered as soon as price announced and it went up on amazon.
    Premium (deluxe?) mispriced at 199. As I live in the Channel islands that's 167. They are honouring it. Good thing too the amount I am buying with it :lol:
  • caligari 19 Nov 2012 21:45:33 16,999 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Premium (deluxe?) mispriced at 199. As I live in the Channel islands that's 167. They are honouring it. Good thing too the amount I am buying with it :lol:
    Weird - I 'got in' on that deal, but I thought that they sent out cancellation E-mails to everyone.

Great to hear that someone managed to nab one, though.

Edited by caligari at 21:46:39 19-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 19 Nov 2012 21:56:42 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Weird - I 'got in' on that deal, but I thought that they sent out cancellation E-mails to everyone.

Great to hear that someone managed to nab one, though.
    This was September 13th just after the Nintendo direct announcement, there was a mistake in June that they cancelled. Maybe I just got lucky. But it's a good thing as I'd probably cancel it were I paying the full price.
  • mrpon 19 Nov 2012 22:00:33 28,487 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know when to go into a restaurant with a money off voucher and you make the mistake of mentioning the voucher when ordering. You always think they've tampered with the food don't you?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:02:26
    richardiox wrote:
    In summary, true to the form set by the Wii - in terms of the hardware capability this is a "last gen" console released 12 months before competitors release their "next gen" offerings.

It really does boggle my mind to think when "project cafe" was announced Nintendo claimed or implied they would be winning back the hardcore gamer with a technologically capable machine.

Fast forward 18 months and it has below par online, purchased tied to a single console (what the fuck) and has multiplat games that don't compare favourably to their PS360 versions. Both of which are 7 year old systems. I know this is only launch software and ported versions too but really, a 2012 onwards machine should be able to handle Batman etc without breaking a sweat.

And a massive lol at Higgins' change of heart. Dismissing everyone else's concerns until the day EG publish their verdict when all of a sudden the problems are legit. "told you so" etc.

Yes, I'm sure as always first party software will make and sustain the WiiU. But that has been as much of a curse for previous Nintendo consoles as a blessing. Why can't Ninty just give us those amazing Nintendo games but also create a system that can capably offer the full gaming spectrum.
    Thats a bit unfair. I don't think Nintendo ever stated that they went out to win back the hardcore gamer with a technologically capable machine. They stated they want to win back the hardcore gamer with games - and they shown to some degree a sign of that - Third party ports, Zombie U, A more challegenging New Super mario Bros, Bayonetta, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Monster hunter Tri, some stupidly crazy hard 2D platformers on the E shop etc.

Whilst the online servers are having issues, they have all the basics of the other online systems? no? You can add and send friend requests. You can video chat. Ok headset chat is plain awakward give you that, but at least with miiverse they are attempting something engaging and different from the other systems. They got the basics and gone a bit further with online. The account system is fucked atm. But the option to use a existing account is already there, it just doesn't work.

Third party games on launch machines always have issues. Always. The originals are littered with bugs and updates, its too be expected. People on neogaf are saying that sonic and tekken are better ports. The fact the machine can handle ass creed 3 from the get go is encouraging, a couple of months polishing and the wii u version would probably the superior version, in a launch window.

I know higgins asn't covered himself in any glory. at all. But his new here. Forumites are a more wise cracking bunch here and everyone comes on here, trying to be serious, but they will soon learn!. Its easy to be on the receiving end of some serious banter in here.

The machine as teething issues for sure, its to be expected, but to jump the gun and dismiss straight of the bat is crude. Nintendo have a lot of work to do to rectify certain issues, and thats when we will know if they are serious or not. If they leave it, they can go fucked and then i join in with the hate. I hope the machine does well. For the endless moaning of current gen issues i would hope a few more people be a bit more accepting of the Wii U.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:04:19
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    The 360 was released seven years ago though.
    Big deal! It was even then a "gimped" PC, but that is sort of missing the point as much as it is to say the Wii or Wii U are "gimped".
    They're gimped in that you can play better versions of the cross platform games elsewhere, and for less money.
    They're also gimped in that they're shit.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:06:34
    Wired is extremely unimpressed:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/11/10-things/all/
  • Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 22:31:02 3,919 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mountain Dew is made from WiiU reviewers tears!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• beastmaster 19 Nov 2012 22:46:07 11,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good grief, that is truly fucking awful. Is there any way to, you know, just play games?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 1348 First / Last