Wii U Page 236

• Page

of 1410 First / Last

• -cerberus- 17 Nov 2012 15:24:02 3,629 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Also, check out his review history

Almost all fighting games, and mostly 7.0-8.0 or an odd 5.5. No range in his scores and a 7.5 for silent hill downpour ffs. No credibility really.
    Silent Hill HD 7/10?! Whot a gimp.

Edited by -cerberus- at 15:24:36 17-11-2012

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• King_Edward 17 Nov 2012 16:55:21 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    javvyman wrote:
    Also, check out his review history

Almost all fighting games, and mostly 7.0-8.0 or an odd 5.5. No range in his scores and a 7.5 for silent hill downpour ffs. No credibility really.
    Silent Hill HD 7/10?! Whot a gimp.
    That doesnt seem unreasonable for a gimped version of arguably the best game ever made.
  • Progguitarist 17 Nov 2012 16:57:32 10,537 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Actually found the video review on gamespot... The guy reviewing it really is a miserable idiot ain't he? Constantly contradicting himself.

Here's the link to the Video review

Oh and a 7/10 from edge looks very promising.
    Can't really see anything bad about that review. 1st person melee combat is usually awful and this looks like it has alot of it. Shame really but the game looks pretty mediocre.
  • King_Edward 17 Nov 2012 16:57:54 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    7/10 from Edge is like a 10/10 from IGN.
    This gets said a lot and really isn't true.
  • DFawkes 17 Nov 2012 17:02:32 24,052 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It very much looks like the Gamespot reviewer chose to play it a specific way, then reviewed it based on that specific experience. Don't get me wrong, maybe the way he chose to play it genuinely is the only way to play. If so, I expect it to universally get ripped to shreds.

I'm sure we'll see as more reviews come out.

Edited by DFawkes at 17:04:11 17-11-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Gambit1977 17 Nov 2012 17:14:28 10,384 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zombi U demo coming to e-shop
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Nov 2012 17:21:08 39,762 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Indeed. It's more like a 6/10 from Edge.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• -cerberus- 17 Nov 2012 17:22:51 3,629 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @King_Edward 7/10 is very unreasonable for severely gimped versions of two of the best survival horror games ever made.

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• Baleoce 17 Nov 2012 20:09:10 1,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wii U Release Day Thread - NeoGAF

The first couple of posts has a ton of info about the system itself, worth a read. I'm sure there'll be a lot of coverage when people get back and open it up too.

Edited by Baleoce at 20:10:43 17-11-2012

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Deleted user 17 November 2012 20:28:06
    I hate the fact its still shy of two weeks till launch here, but at least any issues that arise should give us ample time to cancel, and what games to pick up or not.

Looking kind of forward to scribblenauts of all games.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Nov 2012 20:33:48 39,762 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Indeed. It's more like a 6/10 from Edge.
    I wouldn't listen to closely to particular reviewers at Edge Magazine, games tend to score well or badly based solely from a technical standpoint.
    Yes, God forbid they judge a game on it's faults.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• ResidentKnievel 17 Nov 2012 20:41:25 6,291 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why wouldn't you cancel if a console's launch line ups bad?

You can then get one later for cheaper once a lot of good games are out for the system. They're not an investment.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 20:41:42 17-11-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• macmurphy 17 Nov 2012 20:51:10 999 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A cursory google search has one for 89. They came out at 180.

Just saying.
  • Moot_Point 17 Nov 2012 21:01:10 4,613 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:
    A cursory google search has one for 89. They came out at 180.

Just saying.
    Source? or otherwise just useless propaganda. Also, I don't need to remind you both PS3 and 360 price drops - almost half original RRP - only a year after initial launches do I? Now THAT's deflation...
    propaganda? :D

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 17 November 2012 21:01:12
    Same here with regards cancelling and waiting for better titles , the early zombi u comments reflect my thoughts from playing it - too much melee that doesn't really even work. This has a repeat of Red Steel all over it.

I'll await the full reviews tomorrow but its looking like a fail train at the moment.
  • DFawkes 17 Nov 2012 21:06:19 24,052 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Also, I don't need to remind you both PS3 and 360 price drops - almost half original RRP - only a year after initial launches do I? Now THAT's deflation...
    Source? Or otherwise just useless propaganda.

Surely you saw this coming :p I don't care really, I just had to poke fun at the fact you called out someone else for not backing up their post (with something google gets you exceptionally quickly), then immediately don't give citation for your own (again, google works but that wasn't good enough for you).

For what it's worth, yes consoles do go down in price with time, whether it be to increase demand or simply because they become cheaper to produce. It generally works out well for everyone :)

Edited by DFawkes at 21:09:17 17-11-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• mrpon 17 Nov 2012 21:07:35 29,568 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZombiU gameplay

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Lexx87 17 Nov 2012 21:10:19 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People are arguing review scores already on a console that isn't even released yet?

Meaning they have no way to actually have any informed opinion of any kind?

Ohh I forget the workd is actually mong central sometimes excuse me.

Speak the truth hussy!

• andijames 17 Nov 2012 21:11:28 2,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

You can then get one later for cheaper once a lot of good games are out for the system. They're not an investment.
    Get one later for cheaper!? Erm, have you been living under a rock for a good many years? You are privy to Nintendo consoles and first party games barely ever decreasing in value right? You wont - even today - find a new Wii for much less than when originally launched.
    may your comment be bollocks

That would be at least 70 quid cheaper from the most expensive retailer available. You can pick one up for 50 if you dig around.

Edited by andijames at 21:13:02 17-11-2012

Edited by andijames at 21:13:37 17-11-2012

vivir el momento

• Deleted user 17 November 2012 21:13:31
    higgins78 wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    I hate the fact its still shy of two weeks till launch here, but at least any issues that arise should give us ample time to cancel, and what games to pick up or not.

Looking kind of forward to scribblenauts of all games.
    Surely you aren't thinking of canceling based on launch games alone? I picked up a PS3 at launch and with it Motostorm and Virtua Tennis 3, the best of an average line-up. I found both decent/good but certainly NOT the reason I invested the best part of 500 all included, no, rather those reasons became clear later...

This is the reason no matter what I hear regarding the Wii U - and I will hear a lot - I wont be throwing in the towel. Zelda, Mario (3D), Metroid, Pikmin, Starfox, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, etc, etc, etc...rather THAT is the reason I always stick with Nintendo.
    huh. i havn't suggested in that post i'm going to cancel. Theres plenty for me to tide me over.

I'm just a typical libra that is really indecisive :)
  • Deleted user 17 November 2012 21:15:33
    andijames wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

Get one later for cheaper!? Erm, have you been living under a rock for a good many years? You are privy to Nintendo consoles and first party games barely ever decreasing in value right? You wont - even today - find a new Wii for much less than when originally launched.
    may your comment be bollocks

That would be at least 70 quid cheaper from the most expensive retailer available. You can pick one up for 50 if you dig around.

Edited by andijames at 21:13:02 17-11-2012
    software though he is generally right. took agggggggeeeees for Super mario galaxy and hte like to drop. Skyward sword dropped though pretty quickly though. But even now NSMB is 30 quid.
  • DFawkes 17 Nov 2012 21:20:15 24,052 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, given when I bought New Super Mario Bros DS, or even Super Mario 64 DS relatively recently, they were still around the same price as release. So if I were buying one on launch (no cash so I won't be, as much as I want to) I'd definitely have NSMB Wii U as it'll almost certainly stay a similar price until they get around to doing a budget range. Plus I want to play it ;)

• Page

of 1410 First / Last