Wii U Page 233

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 13:48:13 59,365 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    According to my records I sold a Wii with Zelda for 560 on 12th December 2006, thanks Nintendo :)
    Please, if you only ever do one thing for me, email the buyer and ask how they are getting on with it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Kay 16 Nov 2012 13:48:41 17,798 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    If they can't keep a console's firmware within 8GB then something's gone terribly wrong even by Nintendo's standards.
    It is within 8GB though, takes about 5GB from what I've read.
  • RobTheBuilder 16 Nov 2012 13:49:47 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought a Wii on launch day, and 18months later I could have sold it for the same price I paid.

Hindsight eh?
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 13:50:19
    I'd have thought it's a bit more than "firmware" :D
  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 13:51:22 59,365 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    If they can't keep a console's firmware within 8GB then something's gone terribly wrong even by Nintendo's standards.
    According to the front page, its a sniff under 5, leaving you just enough room to never be able to download a full release, but near enough to curse the day iwata was ever born.

He totally called it

• Kay 16 Nov 2012 13:53:11 17,798 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm slightly tempted now, but as good as NSMU looks, it's not enough for me to buy a whole new console at launch - the 360 is serving me fine atm. Smart thing would be to wait and see what happens over the coming months, and pick it up when the inevitable killer app (i.e. Zelda) comes out.
  • Kay 16 Nov 2012 13:55:04 17,798 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    According to the front page, its a sniff under 5, leaving you just enough room to never be able to download a full release, but near enough to curse the day iwata was ever born.
    If you really want to download games though, you can go for the 32GB model or just attach an HDD, no? The 8GB is really only for the casual market, and for that it seems fine.
  • 1Dgaf 16 Nov 2012 14:05:24 3,791 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it OK to split the owners like this because the discs hold 25gb?

I could give my Wii to my aunt. But then I'd have to hook my GC if I wanted to play GC games with the right controller.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 14:06:49 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    Is it OK to split the owners like this because the discs hold 25gb?

I could give my Wii to my aunt. But then I'd have to hook my GC if I wanted to play GC games with the right controller.
    You'd have to plug your wii in also.
  • neilka 16 Nov 2012 14:07:32 15,831 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    8GB will probably be fine for the main uses of the console (levelling out wobbly tables, keeping doors open, keeping dust away from useful things)
  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2012 14:08:38 59,365 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    If you really want to download games though, you can go for the 32GB model or just attach an HDD, no? The 8GB is really only for the casual market, and for that it seems fine.
    Yes and no. If I bought one, it would be the boggo one with my own HDD drive, but if I was one of those crazy people who still expects a console to 'just work', I would be a bit narked that my 8gb console couldnt fit any games onto its internal storage because there isnt really 8gb free.

I know what youre saying though its just that, well, the 8gb is will be more than a bit misleading for a lot of buyers.

He totally called it

• Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 14:10:18 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd assume the 8GB simply implied it 'saved' games on it. Maybe Nintendo are misjudging the e-buying habits of today's gamers.
  • Scurrminator 16 Nov 2012 14:14:31 8,395 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    If there's one review I can trust it's DEFINITELY the official magazine for the platform holder!!!
    They reviewing your game?
    God knows! I know never to trust magazine 'exclusives' though.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 14:19:04 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    If there's one review I can trust it's DEFINITELY the official magazine for the platform holder!!!
    They reviewing your game?
    God knows! I know never to trust magazine 'exclusives' though.
    :lol: I was only yanking your chain fella. I agree! OXM was puke worthy back in the day.
    And who could forget ONMs 9.1 for Red Steel!!
  • RobTheBuilder 16 Nov 2012 14:20:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Jeez. Even Ubisoft wouldn't have given Red Steel 9.1
  • King_Edward 16 Nov 2012 14:21:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have a recent memory of someone ordering one of these with Tekken and NSMBU. It may have been me.

Edited by King_Edward at 14:24:10 16-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 14:21:53 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @Gambit1977 Jeez. Even Ubisoft wouldn't have given Red Steel 9.1
    It must be the only game I can remember where a high score was followed by 5s and 6s across the board!
  • Kay 16 Nov 2012 14:22:57 17,798 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I'd assume the 8GB simply implied it 'saved' games on it. Maybe Nintendo are misjudging the e-buying habits of today's gamers.
    Exactly, the average buyer won't bother downloading games to the console. About 3GB free for game saves is fine.

Certainly better than the Vita, which expected people to fork out extra for a memory card just to be able to save on some games!
  • Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 14:40:09 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rayman demo on e-shop before Xmas.
    Played this, and it's great fun, especially the use of co-op multiplayer.
  • Youthist 16 Nov 2012 14:43:52 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I might keep it un-opened then and flog in the run up to xmas then buy it after xmas.

So paying 300 for black - what are thoughts on ebay prices once stock is out? 450? 500? 550 with NSMBU. Sounds like a bargain right?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Baleoce 16 Nov 2012 15:08:14 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have it pre-ordered with Shop.To as well.

I got the premium pack with Nintendo Land and NSMB U for 334.85

There is a bundle with all that and Sonic Kart too, but I'm not cancelling now and re-ordering, and I wouldn't even save any money on the game itself anyway. Whereas I will if I use my points I gain from the console.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Pazie 16 Nov 2012 15:38:01 226 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you guys saying this will be out of stock before Christmas? I've pre-ordered a black one and will get it on the 30th November, but keep thinking to cancel it.
  • Baleoce 16 Nov 2012 15:47:39 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    [Polygon]

The surprising (mundane) tech behind the Wii U's magical GamePad

Nintendo TVii confirmed for December

• lazymanschair 16 Nov 2012 15:53:18 27 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone know if this thing will support standard Wii remotes, or will I need to buy a preowned Wii remote plus to play the multiplayer stuff on nintendoland. Have this on order for the kids for Christmas, and dont want any dissapointment on the morning. Have looked online and seen mention of it only using remote+, but havent seen this confirmed. Im trading in the Wii so I want to know whether to keep them, any ideas?
  • Baleoce 16 Nov 2012 16:15:46 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    lazymanschair wrote:
    Anyone know if this thing will support standard Wii remotes, or will I need to buy a preowned Wii remote plus to play the multiplayer stuff on nintendoland. Have this on order for the kids for Christmas, and dont want any dissapointment on the morning. Have looked online and seen mention of it only using remote+, but havent seen this confirmed. Im trading in the Wii so I want to know whether to keep them, any ideas?
    After a bit of digging for you, I believe that it does support both just fine. Initially I was a bit worried by an old EG report that seemed to contradict. Will Wii U support original Wiimote?

But then I decided to ignore that seen as it is quite an old article. A lot of hte official information seems to quote "the compatibility of all your existing Wii hardware, such as Wii Remote Plus" (but then this is probably because they are repackaging the plus remotes in stores, and want you to buy them, because they are peripheral-tastic).

Turns out that it definitely does support the original standard wiimotes. Info can be found at:

Official Nintendo Magazine and,

A NeoGAF thread on this subject

and most likely quite a few other sources.

Edited by Baleoce at 16:17:03 16-11-2012

• Gambit1977 16 Nov 2012 16:18:00 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The mii heads on neogaf are beyond scary!
  • lazymanschair 16 Nov 2012 16:24:37 27 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks Baleoce, yeah I remember the old EG article, and as you say the official line is full support of wii motion+, would hate to have them dissapointed christmas morning if they have to fight over the controller. Thats great, more money for skylanders giants.
  • Baleoce 16 Nov 2012 16:48:17 1,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    But one thing I would say is that (like the Wii) it is on a game by game basis. So I guess check the back of each game box. Also, inb4 I've just ruined Christmas.

• lazymanschair 16 Nov 2012 17:55:34 27 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha, yeah Santa doesn't want you to play together, must mean he wants me to play zombieu. Cheers man,
  • RobTheBuilder 16 Nov 2012 18:30:16 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The thing that's really exciting me is the thought of local multiplayer.

2 player means no split screen,
    3 player means half a screen rather than quarter
    5 player possible instead of just 4
  • Page

of 1354 First / Last