Wii U Page 228

• Page

of 1343 First / Last

• andijames 15 Nov 2012 16:53:03 2,693 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Apparently both controllers come with 8 foot cords.
    http://kotaku.com/5960459/10-things-about-the-wii-u-that-were-loving-or-hating
    The first thing that came to mind was 'why the hell aren't the controllers wireless!?'

Then i oh'd :)

vivir el momento

• Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 17:02:33 10,232 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I just prefer a controller, that's all. I always have. Even on PC I play with a controller.
    Yes but it is a controller, a controller witha screen in the middle.
    Yes and I prefer a controller with no screen in the middle.
    Have you tried it?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 17:04:05 10,232 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    I think the majority of people will be surprised by the comfortability of the GamePad when they get their own hands on it. But the concern of long gaming sessions does need to be addressed by a 3rd party. I can understand people opting to start on the Pro controller for certain games based on how long their session is going to be.[/quote]

That's mental, going "OK, this session will be at least 4 hours so I better use the Pro instead of the gamepad" instead of "If the batteries run out I'll just plug it in and keep on playing". Really?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 17:08:11 1,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well 4 hours is at best. Also there'll be some games presumably where the added functionality will be minimal. But like I say, it'll be irrelevant as soon as a 3rd party comes out with a bettery battery. There'll be zero reason to not use it. (lol typo, I'm leaving that one in..)

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• ronuds 15 Nov 2012 17:17:59 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I, too, am concerned about how comfortable the Pad will be for long gaming sessions - even though I haven't used it. I think people can form opinions based on what they see and hope for alternatives to what they believe they will dislike.
  • -cerberus- 15 Nov 2012 17:18:59 2,402 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote: Have you tried it?
    I won't pretend that I have but I will eventually. All I can say now is that such a configuration just doesn't appeal to me.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 17:27:58 1,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well the facts are,

360 pad Wireless version (with batteries):
    265 g (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Controller)
    (The wired version is 300g)

Wii U GamePad:
    500 g (http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/tech-specs/)

I'm using the 360 pad as a reference because we already know people are comfortable with that, and play for very long sessions. I also believe it's the heaviest standard pad on the market atm? (feel free to correct this.)

The thing is, it might be nearly twice the weight, but that's largely irrelevant when you consider your typical gaming positions. You tend to either rest your arms on your lower quad/knee caps, or in your lap, negating most of the weight pressure that would build up over time. It's not like anyone literally holds the pads in the air..

As for the dimensions of the GamePad, it's not going to matter. It's a case of inches difference in length between your arms compared to a normal pad. Having a screen down there is irrelevant if you aren't looking at it. The comfortability is very high.

Edited by Baleoce at 17:34:27 15-11-2012

• ronuds 15 Nov 2012 17:52:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You have to consider everything you do, not just playing games. Like, can I pick my nose w/o having to put it down? Maybe, but having a much larger object is obviously going to make it more difficult.

You don't become a statue when playing. Things still need itching, cigs need smoking, dogs need petting, glasses need fixing and a whole host of other things. If I have to put the thing down every time, that's going to be a pain.

I'm not sayin' that will be the case, I'm just sayin' it could be.
  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 17:56:29 1,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's very holdable with one hand for a short period of time. You wouldn't have to put it down. It's purposely indented for grip at the back.

In fact just think about it logically man. It has a stylus and a touch screen. Of course it's designed for one handed use.

Edited by Baleoce at 17:59:57 15-11-2012

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 18:04:20
    IGN give Super Mario Bros U a 9.1
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 18:06:52
    Just realised I won't be able to do claw hand in Tekken :D
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 18:11:30 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And 8.7 for nintendoland
  • mrpon 15 Nov 2012 18:15:18 28,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What frame of reference do reviewers use when reviewing the first game for a new console?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 18:19:54 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    What frame of reference do reviewers use when reviewing the first game for a new console?
    They've used the whole mario back catalogue when reviewing SMBU. Said the gfx and sound aren't great though.

As for Nintendoland, I think they looked at other mini game collections, and actually admitted how poor they normally are. For a bundle in, it sounds good fun.

Now, zombi u next please!
  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 19:09:01 1,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So far every review I've read and watched has completely misinterpreted the 4-player experience for NSMB U. It's supposed to be hectic and trollish. Can't disagree with much else that's been said though. I love the idea of all the challenge modes. No on-line multi-player is a bit disappointing. I know their philosophy is bringing families together, but come on.

Edited by Baleoce at 19:14:28 15-11-2012

• MatMan562 15 Nov 2012 19:20:34 2,304 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    So far every review I've read and watched has completely misinterpreted the 4-player experience for NSMB U. It's supposed to be hectic and trollish.
    Completely agree with this. I love the temporary alliances that are broken when someone accidentally jumps on anothers head over some lava. I can imagine trying to complete the game with 4 (or I guess 5 now) players would be frustrating but that's what single-player is for.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 19:22:56
    yeah i wish i had a big flat of student mates for NSMBu. We had LBP and it was by far up there as our most game played, 4players
  • roz123 15 Nov 2012 20:06:16 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Tekken trailer, looks bonkers. Apparently it comes with some snoop dogg stuff that was a preorder bonus on the other consoles
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 20:11:48
    Eurogamer review up. 9/10.
  • specialgamer 15 Nov 2012 20:46:17 117 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Woah, wow that Tekken trailer! Tekken was totally off my radar for Wii U (or anything else) but that trailer has got me interested. Looks like a freaky Tekken/Smash Bros/LSD trip mashup. Intrigued!
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 20:53:00
    Yeah, I'm all over Tekken like a crack fox
  • Youthist 15 Nov 2012 20:58:41 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thread needs more nickthegun 'joking' how shit it all looks and how he isn't interested.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• King_Edward 15 Nov 2012 21:01:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Just realised I won't be able to do claw hand in Tekken :D
    :s

That's 15 years of muscle memory down the drain.
  • King_Edward 15 Nov 2012 21:03:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    Baleoce wrote:
    So far every review I've read and watched has completely misinterpreted the 4-player experience for NSMB U. It's supposed to be hectic and trollish.
    Completely agree with this. I love the temporary alliances that are broken when someone accidentally jumps on anothers head over some lava. I can imagine trying to complete the game with 4 (or I guess 5 now) players would be frustrating but that's what single-player is for.
    It is. Extremely. I fucking hated it.
  • ResidentKnievel 15 Nov 2012 21:09:48 6,100 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Completing the game with 3 players was bloody hilarious

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 21:11:01 58,782 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Thread needs more nickthegun 'joking' how shit it all looks and how he isn't interested.
    I have decided you are more like a hemorrhoid than the pedophile I first took you for.

You don't show up very often but when you do you're a pain in the arse

And when I say 'a pain in the arse' , I mean 'wrist slashingly passive aggressive'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Youthist 15 Nov 2012 21:42:49 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There he is! What's your latest "gag" about the Wii U? Come on. I miss them. They are hilarious!

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 21:51:17 58,782 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm pleased that you chose now to reappear and you picked me to lavish your attention on.

I also have a book you may be interested in.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 21:58:42
    fun fun fun
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:04:51
    Just a question here. The mario review as hyped me up again. Amazon are out of 32GB, but still have the basic available for launch day release.

I got a 150gb external hard drive knocking around somwhere (usb cable - might have to get a harddrive with y cables).

Will i abe able to save sytem data to the harddrive? like firmware updates and that?
  • Page

of 1343 First / Last