Wii U Page 225

  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 17:22:00 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @ResidentKnievel

    I hope you are aware of the hypocritical argument here:

    Last ten years: "Nintendo are shit because they never have third party games, all you get is Mario 27."

    Now: "Why would you buy third party games on WiiU when you can get them on 360/PS3?"
    I'm aware of that argument and it's an argument I've never made.

    I'm not saying 3rd party ports are somehow bad, I'm saying the ones on offer won't do much to sell the console to people as they don't appear to offer an improved graphical or gameplay experience over the 360/PS3 versions. It's the same problem the Vita has, fantastic games library, but done better elsewhere on a console you already own.

    Take Fifa for example, there's a pretty good argument to get the Wii version of this game due to the unique control scheme which offers a different and fun experience. The Wii U version, however, is just an inferior 360/PS3 port.

    For me, The Wii U just doesn't feel like an improvement, it doesn't feel like an upgrade over the 360/PS3 whereas the Wii most certainly did compared to the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox due to the controller.

    Edited by ResidentKnievel at 17:24:35 14-11-2012

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 17:25:30 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ResidentKnievel Good :) It sounded like that was where you were heading...

    I agree with your point that it is no improvement, but it does one thing which no Nintendo console has ever properly done in a long time. It says "All the big games are on this machine."

    That in the long run might be more important than the actual sales of those games.
  • DFawkes 14 Nov 2012 17:32:26 22,930 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just like the ability to play on the controller screen. Over the last few days, I've only been able to play Halo 4 when people haven't been wanting to watch TV. Sure, I don't think that feature is going to be for everyone, but it'll certainly come in handy for me :)

    Glad there's a Warriors games from Koei on/near release too - I know it's silly, but a Nintendo console without one feels weird to me now. Based on the fact it's only been that way for the Wii and 3DS it's not like it's a long standing tradition, but as a series fan it's one I hope continues. I especially love the sound of Warriors Orochi 3's split screen multiplayer using the controller and the TV.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 17:34:33 9,635 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    after trying the epic mickey 2 demo on ps3 I've ordered it for wiiu. Hoping it can capture some of that magical co-op from world of illusion on the megadrive.
  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 17:34:57 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope so

    I do worry that the Wii U will bomb, I really feel they needed a spectacular launch window with Microsoft and Sony's consoles around the corner. Although they'll probably have crap launch windows, too, what with both of them releasing a few strong first-party titles this winter.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • disusedgenius 14 Nov 2012 17:36:04 5,314 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Take Fifa for example, there's a pretty good argument to get the Wii version of this game due to the unique control scheme which offers a different and fun experience. The Wii U version, however, is just an inferior 360/PS3 port.
    There's a reason for that though, and it doesn't have much to do with the Wii U. Apparently they take about a year to port their engine over into any new system - which means that the first release is heavily built on the previous year's tech. Once they've moved over thy can more easily update the game for each iteration, but that first one's a pain in the arse..
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 17:37:49
    I think Gearbox are doing something interesting with the Pad for Colonial Marines like how it acts as the motion scanner.I don't imagine that Assassins Creed Darksiders and Mass Effect 3 will have the most intuitive use of the controller.


    I'm really looking forward to seeing what survival horror games come out using the pad, like peeping through keyholes or using the screen as night vision googles in a dark room.
  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 17:39:45 9,635 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mass effect 3 appears to use the pad for squad tactics and movement. I always found it a bit clunky on a traditional pad, so it may help folk like me.
  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 17:42:44 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having said all that I really want the Wii U version of Tekken

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 17:44:15 1,185 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Having said all that I really want the Wii U version of Tekken
    It does look tasty.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 17:44:26 9,635 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Having said all that I really want the Wii U version of Tekken
    Me too! But 40+ for a beat-em-up feels wrong!

    /paid 65 for sf2 on snes.
  • Jmog 14 Nov 2012 18:41:12 394 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    I think Gearbox are doing something interesting with the Pad for Colonial Marines like how it acts as the motion scanner.I don't imagine that Assassins Creed Darksiders and Mass Effect 3 will have the most intuitive use of the controller.


    I'm really looking forward to seeing what survival horror games come out using the pad, like peeping through keyholes or using the screen as night vision googles in a dark room.
    It's called ZombiU :-)
  • Syrette 14 Nov 2012 19:05:38 43,432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Gambit1977

    The best Mario Kart was Crash Team Racing

  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 19:15:25 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @Gambit1977

    The best Mario Kart was Crash Team Racing
    \o/

    The only non-mario kart karting game to get it right, the karts are weighty and the boost mechanic is awesome.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 19:16:58 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:Were the PS3 or 360 such an improvement over their previous consoles to anybody except in your eyes?
    Yes.

    You're mental.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 19:26:03 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not getting my hopes up, can't see them having such a strong launch line-up what with most of their development teams tied up in games releasing this winter or next year.

    On the plus side there's a lot of good games releasing this winter and next year.

    Edited by ResidentKnievel at 19:27:01 14-11-2012

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 19:27:20 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fart alert/

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Armoured_Bear 14 Nov 2012 19:45:53 10,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some beautiful action from Higgins here, he really seems quite peerless just now...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 19:57:07 9,635 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Some beautiful action from Higgins here, he really seems quite peerless just now...
    This is what those damn "spec trolls" have reduced me to...making juvenile retorts.
    Who is spec trolling though?
    I noticed you slating ps3 for using move in epic mickey 2.
    Surely it's the devs doing that? For more revenue i'd assume. And I'd not slate Sony for a lack of innovation when they are responsible for the likes of Flower and Journey this generation.

    And I am still looking forward to my wiiU before you get defensive ;)
  • greenthumb 14 Nov 2012 20:01:39 323 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Tekken is 30 at zavvi
  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 20:03:20 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Gambit1977 agree in principle though I'd argue that these were strongly influenced by Electoplankton.

    Just as Higgs started to make sensible comments someone riled him an he went back to angry rants mode!
  • ResidentKnievel 14 Nov 2012 20:08:28 6,195 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:"spec trolls"
    Rose-tinted spec troll

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

Log in or register to reply