Wii U Page 224

• Page

of 1365 First / Last

• neilka 14 Nov 2012 13:46:44 16,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

- Wii U keyboard input can save user input habits and predictive input in a specific database that depends on the game and user. Wii U does not save input data that you don't want other users to know into the database.
    Mainly "asl" and "dont tell ur mom" I reckon.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• nickthegun 14 Nov 2012 13:47:51 60,135 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think its one of those games that gets better in retrospect, especially when you compare it to the wii one. The swap mechanic wasnt the best, but the courses were decent.

And, yeah, MK7 was OK, mainly because the tracks were more focused and didnt have to accomodate waggle.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 14 November 2012 13:49:17
    Kay wrote:
    Critically DD was panned a little bit, yet many people seem to prefer it.
    Because it was shit :D
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 13:53:18 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Baleoce wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Ambassador scheme only came about because Nintendo royally misjudged the launch price. I can't see Nintendo ever voluntarily giving anything back to the consumer. In the main, I think they view us with open contempt
    Well it's the highest priced Nintendo console yet, *especially when you factor in all the necessary peripherals/storage to take advantage of every feature the system has. I can see there being some drop in price on the base unit itself for sure.

Meanwhile they will still make a truckload from the repackaged wiimotes/nunchucks/Pro controllers/classic pad/gamepad extentions etc.

No it isn't
    The inflation chart doesn't seem to show the premium Wii U, which in this case is pretty much an absolute must have. The basic one shouldn't even be up there. So that leaves the NES. The NES is pretty much plug and play with the console and controller, yes there are peripherals but you can play 90% of the library without a hitch on just the pad. There's no dicking around with it. The amount of stuff you have to buy from the premium Wii U to get the most out of its functionality (also consider that it's tailored towards multiplayer, and there's an infinite library of NES single player games to wade through) means that it more than adds up. Nintendo know this. Just look how much they made from peripherals on the original Wii.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Kay 14 Nov 2012 13:58:37 17,905 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Basically, handheld MK > console MK (since the original). All the handheld MKs have been spot on, home console MKs seem to pander much more to a casual audience.
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 14:03:49 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The one I put the most time into was MK64. But that was just my "era". I still enjoy all the new ones though.

• Armoured_Bear 14 Nov 2012 14:14:02 11,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Baleoce wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Ambassador scheme only came about because Nintendo royally misjudged the launch price. I can't see Nintendo ever voluntarily giving anything back to the consumer. In the main, I think they view us with open contempt
    Well it's the highest priced Nintendo console yet, *especially when you factor in all the necessary peripherals/storage to take advantage of every feature the system has. I can see there being some drop in price on the base unit itself for sure.

Meanwhile they will still make a truckload from the repackaged wiimotes/nunchucks/Pro controllers/classic pad/gamepad extentions etc.

No it isn't
    The inflation chart doesn't seem to show the premium Wii U, which in this case is pretty much an absolute must have. The basic one shouldn't even be up there. So that leaves the NES. The NES is pretty much plug and play with the console and controller, yes there are peripherals but you can play 90% of the library without a hitch on just the pad. There's no dicking around with it. The amount of stuff you have to buy from the premium Wii U to get the most out of its functionality (also consider that it's tailored towards multiplayer, and there's an infinite library of NES single player games to wade through) means that it more than adds up. Nintendo know this. Just look how much they made from peripherals on the original Wii.
    It' similarly priced to previous consoles but has plenty of control choices unlike other consoles. What's your point, that they should have packed in a wiimote/nunchuck and GamePad Pro as well despite losing money on the machine as it is?

There are more control options and you have to pay if you want to use them all, simple as that. I don't understand why people go on about this, it's not as if Sony and MS have made people expect to have all peripherals to play packed in with every console.

Do you get move, nunchuck, eyetoy thingy and DS3 with every PS3? .

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 14:17:06 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How Wii U changed Tekken

I might get this version, but it really depends on if the Tatsunoko arcade stick can be used (I doubt it).

• Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 14:19:13 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    It' similarly priced to previous consoles but has plenty of control choices unlike other consoles.
    Well it's certainly not similarly priced to the N64/GC or Wii, but I do get your point. The competition is doing the same thing, as it's the current trend.

Edited by Baleoce at 14:51:35 14-11-2012

• Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 14:21:57 9,781 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The best Mario Kart was the GBA version IMO.
  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 14:23:11 9,781 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And I'm pretty sure my launch N64 was about 460
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 14:25:47 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The GBA game was fantastic. DS was ok too.

• andijames 14 Nov 2012 15:07:56 2,735 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    And I'm pretty sure my launch N64 was about 460
    250 for the unit but if you bought turok with it you'd end up spending 765 at launch because the idiots wanted to charge a fortune for the cartridge games at the time (more specificly Turok).

Ok 765 was a little exaggeration.. but 70 for a game!? ONE GAME! But then again it had dinosaurs so you know..

vivir el momento

• RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 15:10:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @andijames If I recall correctly didn't it have half a dinosaur and lots of fog?
  • neilka 14 Nov 2012 15:12:05 16,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should go back to charging 70 for games to keep the plebs out.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• andijames 14 Nov 2012 15:13:04 2,735 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder

Oh yes LOTS of fog. But you did get raptors with it. It wasn't that bad a game really just took AGES to get going if i remember rightly.

vivir el momento

• rock27gr 14 Nov 2012 15:14:16 5,582 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Turok was quite the game for the time, an FPS on a console was unheard of, and it was quite good too.
  • andijames 14 Nov 2012 15:17:13 2,735 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I quite liked the controller for the N64 even if it did resemble Ramon Vega's claw.

vivir el momento

• Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 15:17:42 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FPS's had a great time on the N64.

• RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 15:23:54 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @andijames Ah fog, the constant scourge of PS1/N64 games...
  • nickthegun 14 Nov 2012 15:25:16 60,135 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, a whole two games kicked arse

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• andijames 14 Nov 2012 15:32:24 2,735 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I quite liked my N64. Goldeneye, BlastCorps, Pilotwings, Super Mario 64, Starfox, Zelda. Quite a few gems on it in my book.

vivir el momento

• RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 15:34:53 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I never owned one, though I did play my mates one a lot.
    Beetle Racing was pretty good with the expansion pak too.

Multiplayer Perfect Dark, FZero and Smash Bros were great fun.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 15:38:17
    rock27gr wrote:
    Turok was quite the game for the time, an FPS on a console was unheard of, and it was quite good too.
    Pretty sure I was playing FPS games on my SNES :)
  • disusedgenius 14 Nov 2012 15:38:37 5,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think nick was referring to there only being 2 good FPS games on the N64 - in response to 'FPS's had a great time on the N64'.
  • rock27gr 14 Nov 2012 15:40:22 5,582 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed. Does anyone remember Treasure's Mischief Makers? Still one of my favourite Treasure games, along with Ikaruga.

The N64 might not have had the large library of the PS1, but it had some real hidden gems, and some era defining videogames.
  • rock27gr 14 Nov 2012 15:44:52 5,582 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    rock27gr wrote:
    Pretty sure I was playing FPS games on my SNES :)
    I know doom was ported on the SNES (utilising the FX chip?), but that was quite late, after the next gen had already launched, no?

In any case, the N64 analogue pad and graphical abilities meant Turok was a product of its era, and not a gimped port of an ancient PC game.

But I stand corrected! :)
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 15:45:22 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goldeneye, Perfect Dark. Turok Series, and Quake II (besides the lack of modding) was an excellent version. Forsaken was worth a punt too.

• Deleted user 14 November 2012 15:45:43
    Came out same time as Yoshi's Island
  • rock27gr 14 Nov 2012 15:50:33 5,582 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Came out same time as Yoshi's Island
    :)

Again, as I said, I stand corrected!