Wii U Page 222

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

  • Luckyjim 14 Nov 2012 10:19:36 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Jmog wrote:
    AC3 on the other consoles is really pushing the envelope and has performance slowdowns when there are many characters on screen and during the naval scenes. I'd be VERY interested to see if it runs better on the Wii U. Should be theoretically possible due to more RAM and better GPU if they have optimised it properly for the hardware.
    That's what remains to be seen, Face-offs will be more interesting now.
    At this point, I don't think we'll see anything better on the WiiU. Every game has 'launch title' written all over it (in the pejorative sense). Maybe in 12 months but by then all comparisons will be moot as, hopefully, we will have seen the next Sony/MS consoles.
  • nickthegun 14 Nov 2012 10:19:59 59,937 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its certainly the worst launch lineup I can remember.

    They are funny, though. The games dried up on the wii as they prepared for the launch of the 3ds. The 3DS games dried up because they were preparing for the launch of the wii u.

    The Wii U games will dry up because they are preparing for the launch of the Wii U XL with a tablet controller the size of a Beano Annual.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • kalel 14 Nov 2012 10:21:29 87,689 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are you really getting yourself excited about the likes of Rayman?

    Origins was good game and all, but not in a ZOMG REASON TO BUY A CONSOLE kind of way.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Nov 2012 10:25:34 11,268 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Are you really getting yourself excited about the likes of Rayman?

    Origins was good game and all, but not in a ZOMG REASON TO BUY A CONSOLE kind of way.
    I'm not really that excited by it, I didn't enjoy Origins very much despite the lovely visuals but plenty of people seemed to love it as did plenty of people with the demos of Legends.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 10:26:22 1,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rayman Origins/Legends is a great IP. I tried it out at EG Expo. So yeah, I'll definitely be getting it as soon as it comes out. Lego City Undercover as well.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 10:26:32
    These threads are always so much fun
  • Luckyjim 14 Nov 2012 10:26:38 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All launch line-ups are pretty awful these days. Gone are days of a system seller launching with the console. It's now quantity not quality, under the illusion of 'something for everyone'. A lot of poor to average games, with a smattering of half-baked ports that can be picked up better and cheaper on rival systems.

    In fairness WiiU launch titles seems better than the 3DS, Wii and PS3 launch titles. Damning with faint praise, maybe.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 10:26:59
    For me it is. I loved origins. its kind of why i'm holding out till feb at the least (or because i'm too afraid to spend money :).

    People have different tastes. I can understand that its not a graphical showcase and that, but i always been a sucker for platform games.

    to get the console in feb. will probably be a good time to get one. Pikmin and 101 will be round the corner, and zombie u, mario and scribble nauts would have been released as well.

    Edited by joelstinton at 10:27:44 14-11-2012
  • disusedgenius 14 Nov 2012 10:29:43 5,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its certainly the worst launch lineup I can remember.
    Well, a quick google back and it actually looks marginally better than the 360 or PS3 launch line-ups. Not exactly much in it though, and they were pretty damn bad anyway.
  • Luckyjim 14 Nov 2012 10:36:04 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    For me it is. I loved origins. its kind of why i'm holding out till feb at the least (or because i'm too afraid to spend money :).

    People have different tastes. I can understand that its not a graphical showcase and that, but i always been a sucker for platform games.

    to get the console in feb. will probably be a good time to get one. Pikmin and 101 will be round the corner, and zombie u, mario and scribble nauts would have been released as well.
    March for me, when MH3 launches. Hopefully, for old time's sake, we can pull together the old Eurogamer MH3Wii gang. For me, probably the best multiplayer experience this gen, despite the compromised hardware. Certainly the nicest community.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Nov 2012 10:43:32 11,268 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Jmog wrote:
    AC3 on the other consoles is really pushing the envelope and has performance slowdowns when there are many characters on screen and during the naval scenes. I'd be VERY interested to see if it runs better on the Wii U. Should be theoretically possible due to more RAM and better GPU if they have optimised it properly for the hardware.
    That's what remains to be seen, Face-offs will be more interesting now.
    At this point, I don't think we'll see anything better on the WiiU. Every game has 'launch title' written all over it (in the pejorative sense). Maybe in 12 months but by then all comparisons will be moot as, hopefully, we will have seen the next Sony/MS consoles.
    This is true, I think the Wonderful 101 will be the first "proper" title to use the hardware.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • roz123 14 Nov 2012 10:53:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Generally with console games I look for stuff that I can play with mates or with my girlfriend, Nintendoland and NSMBU being the only 2 games that right now I will certainly buy. Didn't like the original Rayman or Sonic Kart so will probably skip them or pick them up cheap later on, kind of tempted by the dual screen co-op with Blops and Epic Mickey 2, probably wouldn't bother with them otherwise though.
    The benefit of the Wii U over other consoles is that off tv play turns some games into semi-portables that I can play on the sofa when the TV is on or in bed (judging by recent impressions the range should be more then good enough for me). I would probably get a lot out of this with turn based RPGs, puzzle games, point and clicks and thoughtless button bashers like AC3, Darksiders 2, Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Warriors and maybe Tekken but I have no plans to get any of those now. Trine 2 looks decent and I like the setting in ZombiU but going to wait for reviews.
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 10:54:13 1,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pulled from GAF

    Drago:

    So, one of the WiiUs biggest features is the ability to play a given game just on the GamePad, allowing someone else to watch TV, play another video game system, etc. There does seem to be a lot of confusion as to just which games support this feature and since some in the other threads were asking for a comprehensive thread / list of all the games that do support it, I decided to compose a list to use as a reference of all games known to have this.

    Unfortunately, all Wii software (disc games, WiiWare, Virtual Console) is incompatible with the feature.
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Dragon Quest X
    Assassins Creed III
    Darksiders II
    Mass Effect 3
    Epic Mickey 2
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
    Rabbids Land
    Skylanders Giants
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Wii Fit U
    Madden 13
    FIFA 13
    Rayman Legends (I assume)
    Toki Tori 2 (downloadable)
    Nano Assault Neo (downloadable)
    Trine 2 Director's Cut (downloadable)
    Puddle (downloadable)
    Several built-in apps (Netflix, Internet, etc.)

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 10:56:28 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is Bayonetta 2 dated yet?
  • Jmog 14 Nov 2012 11:00:25 394 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Baleoce

    Mass Effect 3 while lying in bed? Hell, yes!
  • Jmog 14 Nov 2012 11:01:29 394 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Is Bayonetta 2 dated yet?
    No chance. They've barely started development yet. It will be sometime late 2013 at the earliest. Impossible to say this early when it will be.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 11:03:30
    Luckyjim wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    For me it is. I loved origins. its kind of why i'm holding out till feb at the least (or because i'm too afraid to spend money :).

    People have different tastes. I can understand that its not a graphical showcase and that, but i always been a sucker for platform games.

    to get the console in feb. will probably be a good time to get one. Pikmin and 101 will be round the corner, and zombie u, mario and scribble nauts would have been released as well.
    March for me, when MH3 launches. Hopefully, for old time's sake, we can pull together the old Eurogamer MH3Wii gang. For me, probably the best multiplayer experience this gen, despite the compromised hardware. Certainly the nicest community.
    I'm keen for that. The dark souls community was great, so having a chance to go slaying with a few of you guys be pretty good.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 11:12:21
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendodirectch
  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 11:17:12 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Jmog Ah, shame. Cheers!
  • DaM 14 Nov 2012 11:22:16 13,225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Launch lineups are generally woeful, I don't think this one is too bad (if you don't have a PS3 or 360 ;) ).

    The PS2's was particularly bad IIRC.
  • speedofthepuma 14 Nov 2012 11:24:48 13,299 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Are you really getting yourself excited about the likes of Rayman?

    Origins was good game and all, but not in a ZOMG REASON TO BUY A CONSOLE kind of way.
    I bought a PS3 for Ratchet and Clank. I think Origins was very exciting, first came I've completed fully in a long time.

    Having said that, my life doesn't seem to have time for anything but app-gaming, so any new console right now would be a complete waste of pennies.

    I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

  • redcrayon 14 Nov 2012 11:26:32 4,558 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    March for me, when MH3 launches. Hopefully, for old time's sake, we can pull together the old Eurogamer MH3Wii gang. For me, probably the best multiplayer experience this gen, despite the compromised hardware. Certainly the nicest community.
    /sharpens lance.
    /gets knocked off cliff by Cid.
  • Gambit1977 14 Nov 2012 11:33:34 9,697 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Here he is! :lol:
  • Luckyjim 14 Nov 2012 11:36:54 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :rolleyes:
  • RobTheBuilder 14 Nov 2012 11:37:51 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    (To the tune of Zelda theme)

    Higgs, he comes to town, to save Satoru Iwata, he has all good news, and some quite challenging views, but he's your friend, if you buy a WiU in the end...
  • Deleted user 14 November 2012 11:44:48
    Its a bit unfair to totally disregard the third party titles at launch. I think it must be the first console to have that many good third party titles at launch. Ass creed 3 is only a couple weeks old, blops will be a week old. A lot of people won;t have played them ( i havn't played ass creed 3 or mass effect 3 yet). Having that range of titles alongside the others is good for a lot of people. Theres a lot of variety in there alongside the ninty and ubisoft efforts. You can argue that meh, a old mario and a zombie game that can go either way, but purchase on of them alongside say Ass creed 3 and Blops you got a very good line up of games day one.
  • Luckyjim 14 Nov 2012 11:46:49 2,873 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Higgins

    I wouldn't give any credence to an IGN metric. It's pretty much a joke of a site; a refuge for shoddy game journalism, backhanders and lunatic neck-beards. It's only saving grace is the Eurogamer alumni Keza MacDonald.

    With that in mind, what are you trying to prove with your NG3 point? That a port of a poor late-in-the-cycle PS3/360 game is slightly less poor on the WiiU? True, if this is your point, but nothing further can be read from this in terms of the WiiU's current/future potential.

    I fully anticipate the WiiU versions of ME3, AC3 and Arkham City being worse that the PS3/360 versions. Not because the WiiU's incapable of handling such games, but because of the specific conditions in which they were developed i.e. brand new hardware with seemingly short dev time.
  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

Log in or register to reply