Wii U Page 198

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• DaM 3 Nov 2012 16:32:35 12,606 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @GeeMacca - what were the scores? Overall verdict?

I think we'll be holding off till my boys birthday in March.
  • GeeMacca 3 Nov 2012 16:58:46 2,778 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    @GeeMacca - what were the scores? Overall verdict?

I think we'll be holding off till my boys birthday in March.
    New Super Mario Bros U got 82% and Nintendo Land got 86%. Nintendo Land is essential for 'party lovers' and says 'bring friends'. Mario says 'a great excuse for families to gather round the TV and an exciting glimpse into Mario's HD future'. Also says a bit of Mario made them twinkly eyed during the finale? Whatever that means!
  • NOSAVIOUR 3 Nov 2012 17:24:09 2,802 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    82%in GM doesn't bode we'll considering how they generally overate games.
  • GeeMacca 3 Nov 2012 17:46:13 2,778 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It also seems Zombi U looks massively promising, but no review. One worrying issue with it is that they say the touch screen can be unresponsive but they sort of hint they don't know if its the game or hardware...
  • malloc 3 Nov 2012 17:58:09 2,111 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There don't look to be any triple A titles on release. I think this is fair to give people a good taster of what's coming and allow 3rd party games to have a shot and find their niche without major first party competition.

I hope it doesn't bomb and Nintendo panic. That said poor sales of the 3DS at launch was probably the best thing that happened for it, look at it now.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2012 21:51:00
    Getting launch, abiet slightly delayed AC3 and BO2 is a great start for the WII U. Not everyone can afford games day one. I'm yet to play ME3 (although going to pick up the PS3 trilogy), darksiders 2 etc as well as AC3. I think that the same for a lot of people. So people have at least have an another option to buy these games. I know on various forums, some people are holding out to see if the U versions hold up.

Personally, i think NSMBu looks better with each preview, Zombie U could be fantastic, and i really like the look of scribblenauts.

Edited by joelstinton at 21:52:15 03-11-2012
  • malloc 3 Nov 2012 23:41:40 2,111 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    malloc wrote:
    There don't look to be any triple A titles on release. I think this is fair to give people a good taster of what's coming and allow 3rd party games to have a shot and find their niche without major first party competition.

I hope it doesn't bomb and Nintendo panic. That said poor sales of the 3DS at launch was probably the best thing that happened for it, look at it now.
    I wouldn't say that was strictly true, that "their dont look to be any triply A titles on release". Sure, if you have - like me - had the fortune (or greed) of owning either a PS3 or 360 as a companion to the Wii this gen then yes, you may have played Arkham City, Assassins Creed III, Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3 and Black Ops II, but if you haven't as these will be your first play...

We also have Epic Mickey 2, ZombieU, Scribblenauts and New Super Mario U, while probably not AAA material, I would say these coupled with titles previously mentioned make it a fairly meaty choice of titles. Let us not forget how poor PS3 and 360 launch games were in comparison...
    Totally agree, I meant triple A first party titles, hence Nintendo 'allowing' 3rd party games to have a shot.

Edited by malloc at 23:41:59 03-11-2012
  • Sid-Nice 4 Nov 2012 00:24:18 15,810 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I donít think AAA titles are essential at launch; Nintendo need a regular flow of first and third party titles over a 12 month period and then release the big hitters during the consoles second year. My experience of buying all this generation consoles at launch was disappointing; not through mediocre launch titles but the gaming drought that followed.

The problem Nintendo have with third party Wii U support is if early adopters donít buy Black Ops, Fifa, Assassins Creed etc. then securing future releases in the series could be difficult. Obviously Nintendo fans will buy a Wii U for Nintendo exclusives; sadly the next 3D Mario and Zelda are at least 18 months away.

On the positive side; the feedback from independent software studios indicates that Nintendo are moving in the right direction concerning digital media. Nano Assault Neo and Trine 2 will be my first downloadable content after the obvious system update. I just hope Nintendo donít get greedy and charge inflated prices.

NNID Sid-Nice

• MatMan562 4 Nov 2012 12:05:50 1,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Doesn't look as though we'll be getting an F-Zero for a while:

Game Kult: After a quick survey on Twitter, one of the games French gamers miss the most is F Zero. Nobody really understands why Nintendo hasnít made a new one since 2004. Is there a chance we can see it back on Wii U?

Miyamoto:
    [eyes open wide] I am really pleased to hear Twitterís opinion, because since the first episode on SNES many games have been made but the series has evolved very little. I thought people had grown weary of it.

Iíd like to say: Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendo Landís F-Zero mini-game.

I am also very curious and Iíd like to ask those people: Why F-Zero? What do you want that we havenít done before?
    From here.

It's good to see that he wont make a game if he doesn't think there's anything to add but an HD F-Zero with online multiplayer would be enough for most people.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• beastmaster 5 Nov 2012 09:08:00 10,176 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've ended up cancelling my pre-order.

Just looking at my current games list (and what's to come) I'm just not going to have the time to play it. Halo 4, Forza Horizon and Hitman: Absolution are going to keep me busy for a very long time.

Will probably wait till Bayonetta 2 come out and get a bundle pack.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• El_MUERkO 5 Nov 2012 09:15:55 16,833 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Full unity engine support is a big deal. Porting will cost next to nothing and allow for lots of popular mobile games to get quick releases. Good for retaining the Wii's casual crowd.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 09:52:10
    beastmaster wrote:

Just looking at my current games list (and what's to come) I'm just not going to have the time to play it. Halo 4, Forza Horizon and Hitman: Absolution are going to keep me busy for a very long time.

:(

I been toying with the idea ( i do this with every pre-order item i have :) ). Keeping it for the mo, as i know i will never be able to get one for ages. So it be last minute if i do decided to. But new console hype! love the first days of a console life.

But yeah i was thinking of binning it for a couple of ps3 games or a vita, or putting it towards a road bike. I also could be moving to london at the end of the month(thats a small chance though it seems )
  • chrisno21 5 Nov 2012 13:12:17 1,352 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shopto don't know who will get one on 30/11 ...

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Fake_Blood 5 Nov 2012 14:02:24 3,830 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My advice would be to pick up the WiiU after the 'launch window' if there are any games out there that you fancy.
    I got burned with the 3DS, the first 6 months there was fuck all out to play on it.
  • Raiko101 6 Nov 2012 04:22:48 5,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Depends on your tastes really. I bought a 3DS, had very little to play the for the first 3 months, but have been playing catch up ever since. I'm still playing catch up with DS games. There's a goal i'll never reach.

Edited by Raiko101 at 04:23:37 06-11-2012

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Armoured_Bear 6 Nov 2012 23:01:31 8,748 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From GAF unboxing link:

"The package does include a 4-page, black and white manual with a note that you can access the in-game manual by pressing the HOME button and touching the eManual button on the Wii U Gamepad."

No biggie but that's very welcome IMO..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 6 Nov 2012 23:08:39 55,849 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same as the vita then

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Syrette 6 Nov 2012 23:14:01 41,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

I'm sorry, but actually canceling your pre-order simply because the usual glut of games will soon be upon us just in time for Christmas - in my opinion - is no reason to cancel my pre-order. I would lie if I said I wasn't looking forward to sampling the latest Hitman game, but as for Halo 4 (samey) and Forza Horizon (DLC surely), I think I can wait a good while until prices have dropped dramatically. Between playing Nintendo's latest next/this gen's console and Halo 4/Forza Horizon the decision should be easy, and is.
    Urgh.

• chrisno21 6 Nov 2012 23:31:45 1,352 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its the lack of titles that interest me that's pointed me to the Wii u. Bored of shooters and not a racer fan so that leaves Hitman, which I do want but can wait til the squareenix price drop after two weeks.

I'm not saying the Wii U offers something we haven't seem before but at least it should me more fun than shooting/driving.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 6 November 2012 23:36:32
    similar reasons. Also fed up with day one patches, dlc etc. Again this will exist on the system, but not from nintendo themselves. I think they only had to patch MK 07. Read somewhere that they have sent QA testers to ubisoft to work with zombie u as well.

But yeah i just want a bit of new freshness. saying that the ps3 for me is going to killer as well.
  • King_Edward 6 Nov 2012 23:39:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Two Platinum exclusives. That's just raping my fucking mind!
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 00:16:49
    Nintendo direct tommorrow - miiverse centric apparently (11 am- not sure what region)
  • Raiko101 7 Nov 2012 03:31:45 5,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally. Looking forward to seeing what they're offering. Hopefully we'll see party chat added at a later date. It's not impossible!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• roz123 7 Nov 2012 09:06:27 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think there is 90% chance that the stuff they announce later will mostly be good things but will have a couple of small caveats which will cause internet OUTRAGE!! Should be fun.

In the meantime here is a new japanese video for Tekken TT2 showing the exclusive features for the Wii U edition with things like Tekken Ball, painting and Mario costumes

Edited by roz123 at 09:06:44 07-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 7 Nov 2012 09:09:37 9,546 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As embarrassing as it may be, I am finding myself more and more tempted by Black Ops 2...question is, Ps3, or is this a launch day title for Wii U?
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 09:20:43
    It is yes, I'm strangely tempted too but I've already bought 4 games so it'll have to wait.
  • roz123 7 Nov 2012 09:24:40 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Would Black Ops 2 have a split screen co-op campaign? That might tempt me to consider it.
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last