Wii U Page 197

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• LazyDan 30 Oct 2012 10:35:27 41 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Went to HMV on Oxford Street last night and they're no longer taking Wii U preorders. Apparently Nintendo haven't upped their allocation and their initial allocation of *40* didn't shift to begin with, then all of a sudden they got a sudden rush and they were gone.

Was suggested that a midnight launch there may not even happen if they don't get more in, because there's no point if only 40 people could possibly walk away with one.

I made the mistake of not pre-ordering the Wii early in 2006 and that was a nightmare to get on day one in the end. I have made the exact same bloody mistake. Today I scour Maidenhead and Reading!

Edited by LazyDan at 10:38:16 30-10-2012
  • andijames 30 Oct 2012 10:53:59 2,618 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I see ShopTo are still taking pre-orders for Wii U bundles. Does anyone know if you're likely to get it on release day if you place a pre-order with them at the moment? Might sound like a daft question but just trying to figure out if they'd actually tell you before the date so you could make alternative plans if they couldn't fulfil it

vivir el momento

• Deleted user 30 October 2012 10:58:15
    LazyDan wrote:
    Went to HMV on Oxford Street last night and they're no longer taking Wii U preorders. Apparently Nintendo haven't upped their allocation and their initial allocation of *40* didn't shift to begin with, then all of a sudden they got a sudden rush and they were gone.
    !
    That seem to have happened on Amazon. Premium had gone for a couple of weeks, but both zombie and basic have now suddenly gone as well. A few other places seem to have done the same as well. I only seen the homeland ad, but i don't watch much tv, wonder if theres been a few press clippings, or a couple of xfactor ads or something.
  • Gambit1977 30 Oct 2012 11:00:10 9,543 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have a premium on order since the announcement, with Amazon.
    And as cover, due to pricing confusion etc, I ordered a basic too. So if anyone wants it, I could cancel it and announce the cancellation on here ;)

Of course, the chances of both even being allocated are next to zero.
  • YenRug 30 Oct 2012 17:51:18 1,752 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just updated the Wii U prices thread, cheapest and still taking pre-orders is now ShopTo.
  • spamdangled 30 Oct 2012 17:53:59 27,197 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With supposedly only 25,000 units being available on day one in the UK, I'm getting a bit worried about whether my preorder will be fulfilled. If they're fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis then I should be fine, but it would be nice to have some sort of confirmation from certain retailers about how much stock they have been allocated and exactly how they will be deciding who gets what first.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• chrisno21 30 Oct 2012 18:04:13 1,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reminds me of the 360 launch in 2005, rumours and uncertainty about pre-orders not being fulfilled - all worked out in the end for most people.

Hope to get mine, or hope to know early enough so I don't waste the annual leave.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• LazyDan 30 Oct 2012 19:47:48 41 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just pre-ordered the Premium pack at HMV Reading with no fuss, after having no luck in Maidenhead. The cashier seemed surprised that HMV Oxford Street had stopped and said he thought the company had an allocation, not individual stores - he wasn't aware of an allocation of that store anyway. He also seemed sure that there'd be a midnight launch, but hey, this is individuals talking and not the party line by any means.
  • YenRug 30 Oct 2012 20:58:08 1,752 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In case anyone's still having trouble debating whether to pre-order, or wait, IGN have done a pro/con article:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/29/good-copbad-cop-buying-a-wii-u-at-launch

Have no idea if it will really help, but hey, can't hurt to get a different perspective.
  • Deleted user 30 October 2012 23:37:10
    Ign have another really positve preview up. New super mario bros. I know its pre launch hype and that, but it does seems nintendo are dishing up some magic still.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-redemption-of-new-super-mario-bros-u
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 07:21:33
    Bit concerned how shopto seem to have a never ending well of wii u units for preorder.....
  • chrisno21 31 Oct 2012 08:22:02 1,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enchanted wrote:
    Bit concerned how shopto seem to have a never ending well of wii u units for preorder.....
    It is, I agree, since I only took the plunge early October I may be a little late - though their site still says guaranteed 30/11 or they'll give you £5.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• YenRug 31 Oct 2012 11:43:13 1,752 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Enchanted wrote:
    It is, I agree, since I only took the plunge early October I may be a little late - though their site still says guaranteed 30/11 or they'll give you £5.
    I seem to recall a similar situation on a previous hardware release; ShopTo were still taking pre-orders when most places were sold out, with people voicing the same sort of concerns, but as far as I am aware they did manage to supply everyone at release.

The way I see it, place a pre-order with them, to get in the queue, and then contact them to see if they're expecting to be able to get it to you for launch; if they say no, or are a bit vague, then cancel the pre-order.
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2012 12:32:20 3,537 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Ign have another really positve preview up. New super mario bros. I know its pre launch hype and that, but it does seems nintendo are dishing up some magic still.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-redemption-of-new-super-mario-bros-u
    I kinda regret looking at all that as my bank balance just isn't able right now!
  • jimnastics 2 Nov 2012 08:58:12 181 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Any ideas when EG might set-up the dedicated Wii-U forum? Really looking forward to that, feels like everything is stiffled to this thread. I wanna be discussing each game in it's own thread! Guess they'll just do it on launch day or there abouts.
  • Deleted user 2 November 2012 09:33:36
    Yeah it be about a week or so before launch or at launch. That what happened with the vita. We might see in coincide with the US launch though :)
  • Scurrminator Moderator 2 Nov 2012 10:10:32 8,284 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    May have already been posted but I don't care! I worked on one of the games published by Nintendo in the video and it's been amusing reading this thread whilst using a Wii U for a good while.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Gambit1977 2 Nov 2012 10:18:25 9,543 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    May have already been posted but I don't care! I worked on one of the games published by Nintendo in the video and it's been amusing reading this thread whilst using a Wii U for a good while.

So without breaking any non disclosure policies...is it worth it?
  • Scurrminator Moderator 2 Nov 2012 11:01:57 8,284 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'll find out in a few weeks!

• Gambit1977 2 Nov 2012 11:06:09 9,543 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Tease! :D

I did love what I played at Nintendo World. Rayman was superb in MP.
  • YenRug 2 Nov 2012 12:12:37 1,752 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure if this has been posted on here already, though it's over a month old now:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/hands-on-with-zombiu-is-ubisofts-zombie-thriller-a-hardcore-highlight-for-wii-us-launch/

Sounds like they were playing on the previous build, with IGN having previewed the more recent one.

Also, this was posted on ZombiU FB page today:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=224003967730771&set=a.184197601711408.40818.128706677260501&type=1

Appears to be a screengrab from a live-action trailer:

Thereís nothing better than a trusty shotgun during a Zombie invasion. ..Well maybe a cricket bat! Get ready for a surprise announcement soon!
  • Deleted user 2 November 2012 12:27:54
    Sing as linked to a screen grab as well, so i suspect there be seperate trailers for all the games.

Its nice to know we are on the final leg now. Pain in the arse having to wait two weeks after the us, but at least we know what games are good, issues etc. won't be long before the gamespot 6 hour odd hands on marathons :)
  • roz123 2 Nov 2012 16:59:06 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The internet browser got a good score on this site which tests how well they support HTML5
    http://html5test.com/results/gaming.html
  • Sid-Nice 3 Nov 2012 10:23:39 15,810 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator works for 505 Games, obviously he'll think the Wii U is shit and not the shovel-ware he produces. I can't wait for the highly anticipated Funky Barn. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Scurrminator Moderator 3 Nov 2012 12:07:44 8,284 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh. I don't think Nintendo are publishing any 505 games are they :-P

• DaM 3 Nov 2012 12:56:11 12,606 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Just tell us, and put it in spoiler tags - no one else will see iT, and I'm sure Google ignores spoilers :)
  • DaM 3 Nov 2012 12:59:00 12,606 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Heh. I don't think Nintendo are publishing any 505 games are they :-P
    I think it's something more free style...
  • GeeMacca 3 Nov 2012 14:18:11 2,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They only review 2 games - New Super Mario Bros Wii U and Nintendo Land and just give some details on the console and their opinion of the hardware. Then they have a 'final' hands on with the rest of the launch games, Zombi U etc. That's all.
  • Sid-Nice 3 Nov 2012 16:15:52 15,810 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DaM It could be Lego City Undercover or Sing Party; I donít understand why Sing Party is not a UK launch title. Releasing the game in January means it will miss Christmas and New Year which is the perfect time for a karaoke party game. I suppose regionalisation will be the excuse.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Page

of 1212 First / Last