Wii U Page 183

• Page

of 1362 First / Last

• 1Dgaf 1 Oct 2012 15:45:40 3,827 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I saw footage of BLOPS2 MP - or whatever the number - being played by two people across TV and pad.

It was a stage demo, so real world rules don't apply, but if 30ps thing is true that would be mean the pad player is at a disadvantage, correct, since CoD game run at 60fps?

Is that right? It'd be like he's 30 frames behind everyone else?

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 15:52:34 12,720 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd imagine in that instance, with the game being rendered twice the main screen is running at 30 fps as is the Gamepad.

I may be wrong but I doubt the Wii U is capable of outputting one full 60FPS image as well as a full 30 FPS image on the gamepad.
  • griff_dai 1 Oct 2012 16:15:42 420 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jmog wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

Now I was under the impression all games could be played off TV on the gamepad, is this not the case?
    It's not. There are two issues. Firstly, a game that uses touchscreen and telly to show different things (Zombie U, Wonderful 101) won't support gamepad-only gaming as you would lack vital controls. Secondly, Nintendo have stated that running a game on the touch screen will diminish framerate by half. In other words, it would only be usable for games that run in 60fps to begin with.

Obviously A LOT of games won't be running in 60fps. I would imagine most 2D games (Rayman, Trine 2, Mario) would be fitting candidates but the majority of 3D games will be 30fps and therefore not suitable for gamepad-only gaming as 15fps is unplayable.
    I have seen footage of ME3 and Blops2 on the the Pad, if what you say is true then I may cancel my pre order :(
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 16:15:58
    30hz with 2 pads, not 30fps.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Oct 2012 16:17:11 10,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the framerate hit was for two Gamepads, as opposed to TV and Gamepad.

If a game is 60 FPS on the TV and supports Gamepad only play, I understood that it would 60 FPS on that as well :/
  • mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 16:18:08 12,720 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    30hz with 2 pads, not 30fps.
    That makes a shitload more sense.
  • griff_dai 1 Oct 2012 16:19:24 420 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the Pad could take over the TV screen when that was being used for something else, therefore the Pad would play at whatever framerate the games is running at?????
  • THFourteen 1 Oct 2012 16:24:31 33,381 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i only had a small viewing of this at the expo, but i still failed to see the point of the whole thing.
  • Sid-Nice 1 Oct 2012 17:07:13 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    i only had a small viewing of this at the expo, but i still failed to see the point of the whole thing.
    It's a bit like watching Arsenal then.

NNID Sid-Nice

• MatMan562 1 Oct 2012 17:19:14 2,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm pretty sure if a game runs at 60FPS on the TV it will be the same on the gamepad, just when they are both being used for the same thing it will decrease... or something.

Anyway, more Rayman news! Apparently the sinple-player will mostly consist of platforming as Rayman (or one of the others) but will switch to playing as Murphy temporarily at other times, presumably the parts where it's required. That sounds much better than just playing as Murphy whilst an AI runs through the levels. Now I want it again.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• JuanKerr 1 Oct 2012 17:20:01 36,246 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    It's a games console. You play games and stuff on it.
  • beastmaster 1 Oct 2012 20:33:29 11,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.playexpo.net

They got the Wii U here as well. Another gaming Expo in Manchester.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Armoured_Bear 1 Oct 2012 22:18:49 10,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    To play better, prettier, more interesting games than the cunting Shitbox 360.
    It's quite simple.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Fozzie_bear 1 Oct 2012 22:25:47 15,523 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 23:28:41 12,720 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    It's quite simple.
    Jesus Christ, you've not played the bloody thing yet have you? 360 is hardly shit as consoles go.
  • jonsaan 1 Oct 2012 23:35:21 25,352 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd be a lot more interested in the WiiU if they stopped talking about using wiimotes with it. The actual wiiU controller looks great.

FCUTA!

• mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 23:36:54 12,720 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I'd be a lot more interested in the WiiU if they stopped talking about using wiimotes with it. The actual wiiU controller looks great.
    Yep, I absolutely loathe that fucking contraption. Never ever want to use one again.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Oct 2012 07:16:24 10,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    It's quite simple.
    Jesus Christ, you've not played the bloody thing yet have you? 360 is hardly shit as consoles go.
    It's beyond shit, it's the console equivalent of burning dioarrhea that destroys your anus.

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 07:48:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The 360 is a perfectly comfortable, relieving poo, with cheap toilet paper.
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Oct 2012 08:02:27 24,181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    It's quite simple.
    It's beyond shit, it's the console equivalent of burning dioarrhea that destroys your anus.
    Are you being serious? It's a fantastic console. It's given me about a million more hours of fun than my wii, and I love Nintendo.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 08:09:25 33,381 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    But what i mean is you have to keep looking down at the controller all the time and take your eyes off the screen and then look up again. For one thing that sort of thing would hurt my eyes.

Also it looked huge to me, admittedly i didnt feel the controller, but would i want to hold that thing for more than an hour or so?
  • THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 08:09:51 33,381 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Hey!
  • javvyman 2 Oct 2012 09:59:20 709 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For those that are concerned about lag... Looks good to me
  • Carlo 2 Oct 2012 10:10:54 18,047 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    But what i mean is you have to keep looking down at the controller all the time and take your eyes off the screen and then look up again. For one thing that sort of thing would hurt my eyes.

Also it looked huge to me, admittedly i didnt feel the controller, but would i want to hold that thing for more than an hour or so?
    Stealth "I have sensitive eyes and small hands", bless.

PSN ID: Djini

• Armoured_Bear 2 Oct 2012 10:21:42 10,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    It's quite simple.
    Are you being serious? It's a fantastic console. It's given me about a million more hours of fun than my wii, and I love Nintendo.
    It's as much fun as walking barefoot through a 50m puddle of cold vomit.

• mikew1985 2 Oct 2012 10:24:32 12,720 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a pretty damning indictment that its actually impossible to tell if you're trying to be funny or genuine.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Oct 2012 10:27:54 10,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry, I thought TheFourteen was starting a retarded post competition.
    I tried my best but I'm not up to the job.

• pinebear 2 Oct 2012 10:35:03 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    I saw footage of BLOPS2 MP - or whatever the number - being played by two people across TV and pad.

It was a stage demo, so real world rules don't apply, but if 30ps thing is true that would be mean the pad player is at a disadvantage, correct, since CoD game run at 60fps?

Is that right? It'd be like he's 30 frames behind everyone else?
    30 frames per second mate. So if a match lasts 5 minutes, whoever's on the GamePad will only be at the 2 minute 30 second mark by the time someone playing on a Wii U has won. Not good for the old KD is it?

Take notes, A_B.

• MoGamer2006 2 Oct 2012 10:36:26 975 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Congrats to THFourteen on some classic internet criticism - only looked at it, didn't actually have a go on it, but still feels qualified to go on a forum and criticise it. FFS!
  • Page

of 1362 First / Last