• Carlo 27 Sep 2012 14:30:41 17,948 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nano Assault Neo looks very nice!

PSN ID: Djini

• RobAnybody 28 Sep 2012 09:05:55 881 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've said it once and I'll say it again - why isn't this thread in the Wii section or, better still, in a new section of its own?
  • PhoenixFlames 28 Sep 2012 14:20:49 8,899 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendo Marketing Director doesn't do a convincing job of explaining how the Wii U is different to Vita + PS3. Mini cringe.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• SirScratchalot 28 Sep 2012 14:26:17 7,872 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No Nintendo executive save reggie should be allowed to actually talk to the public...
  • SirScratchalot 28 Sep 2012 14:28:02 7,872 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Trine 2
    Cloudberry Kingdom
    Little Inferno
    Nano Assault Neo
    Runner2
    Toki Tori 2
    Chasing Aurora

All look good; if the quality of titles from independent studios thrives on the Wii U, then who needs third party blockbusters?
    You know a while back I woul have objected, but this is really the vast majority of what I play now. Indies rule.
  • Gambit1977 28 Sep 2012 14:28:36 9,583 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Nintendo Marketing Director doesn't do a convincing job of explaining how the Wii U is different to Vita + PS3. Mini cringe.
    Why hasn't anyone posted on their impressions of it on here? :(
  • Sid-Nice 28 Sep 2012 15:22:37 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Shelly Pearce should have asked Daniel Emery "How many games do the PS3 and PS Vita have using Cross-Play?" Or she could have said "If you don't already own a PS3 or PS Vita then it would be far more expensive to buy both products rather than buying the Wii U, especially when all Wii U games use the Gamepad and multiplayer games have asymmetric gameplay."

“Sony have only announced 3 games that will be cross-play compatible” “Sony didn’t mention cross-play and Microsoft didn’t mention Smart-Glass until after the Wii U was revealed.”

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 28 Sep 2012 16:16:20 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    There is some feedback in the "Eurogamer Expo 2012 blog" on the front page. I can't see anyone who isn't familiar with the forum entering this thread; as any positive Wii U comments get shot down on a regular basis.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Gambit1977 28 Sep 2012 16:18:57 9,583 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    There is some feedback in the "Eurogamer Expo 2012 blog" on the front page. I can't see anyone who isn't familiar with the forum entering this thread; as any positive Wii U comments get shot down on a regular basis.
    :D fair comment! I was hoping we'd have some regulars who'd given it a whirl. Be good to hear opinions on the controller, weight and comfort especially.
  • andy25801 28 Sep 2012 16:38:00 55 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again - why isn't this thread in the Wii section or, better still, in a new section of its own?
    Yes. Wii add-ons should go in the Wii section.
  • MoGamer2006 28 Sep 2012 16:52:29 975 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well done, Andy25801 - bet you gave yourself a little pat on the back after you posted that, didn't you?
  • neilka 28 Sep 2012 16:55:04 15,641 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just post in the Gamecube section four times
  • JuanKerr 28 Sep 2012 16:56:59 36,192 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Just post in the Gamecube section four times
    :D
  • Carlo 28 Sep 2012 17:39:43 17,948 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/28/game-says-uk-wii-u-pre-orders-are-exceeding-expectations/

• GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 17:51:37 6,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Exceeding expectations" means pretty much fuck all if we don't know what their expectations were in the first place!

Nothing else on ZombiU yet? : (

Get bent.

• Raiko101 28 Sep 2012 19:13:11 6,056 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a shame ZombiU has no online co-op. Would be nice to meet up with a friend or find other survivors.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RunningMan 28 Sep 2012 19:21:28 2,386 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saw ZombieU at Eurogamer, queuing was estimated at two hours. From what I saw, as you could stand next to the booths, it looks like a cross between demon souls and left for dead. It looked brutally hard (which is good), and the pad seemed to control fine.
    It really looks like a lot of fun. I loved the way the game starts and focuses in on an individual.
  • Carlo 30 Sep 2012 22:47:20 17,948 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Metroid Wii U *not* confirmed.

• Phishfood 1 Oct 2012 10:24:37 51 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It would be nice if you could import your zombified face in to the game using the camera. So your friends can randomly encounter you in their game.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Oct 2012 11:23:55 10,852 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Of the little time I had with Wii U at the Expo, nothing I saw or experienced did anything to make me reconsider my Zavvi preorder.

I didn't have chance to try Nintendo Land but the crowds around it were definitely enjoying themselves with plenty of laughing and gentle swearing (it's Nintendo after all!). ZombiU really looks like my cup of tea. Whilst looking a bit rough around the edges, the continuous feeling of threat and minimal resources created a great atmosphere. At the moment, looking down at the second screen is not at all in the average gamer's psychi so I saw many people waiting for the main screen to point them in its direction. This will no doubt change in time as people learn.

From the games I did play (Trine 2, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101), my highlights were definitely Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101. The similar gameplay between the two titles is apparent but each offer a different take on the side genre and both ooze charm by the bucketload.

Hardware impressions are generally good. The GamePad felt substantial in build quality, was comfortable to hold and surprisingly lightweight although there is definitely enough weight in it to possibly cause some people issues over long play periods. The console itself is a non-event, being very similar to the original Wii both in shape and size. Again, Nintendo has made sure that it doesn't distract from the system's main selling point: the controller.

I wouldn't say Wii U overall was my highlight of the Expo (that was probably the Dishonoured dev session and NFS: Most Wanted/Burnout Paradise 2) but I was very pleased I played it and look forward to getting hold of it on launch.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 11:31:16
    Thanks for the write up Cheese. Been glad to hear some good stuff from you, NoSaviour (who i think was quite skeptical on the console before this week? ) and DM.

I guess its easy to hyped about launch games, and consoles. People tend to overlook the negatives. But i genuinely think its a has a great 6 months ahead of it game wise. NSUMB , Rayman, Pikmin, 101, Zombie U are all games i would want to play. If i moved to london before now and launch i can see many nights being wasted on Nintendoland as well. (have more friends up there, and who are willing to have 'game' nights)

I'm also intrigued by scribblenauts, and if they polish up lego city that could be a dark horse.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 11:31:18
    Thanks for the write up Cheese. Been glad to hear some good stuff from you, NoSaviour (who i think was quite skeptical on the console before this week? ) and DM.

I guess its easy to hyped about launch games, and consoles. People tend to overlook the negatives. But i genuinely think its a has a great 6 months ahead of it game wise. NSUMB , Rayman, Pikmin, 101, Zombie U are all games i would want to play. If i moved to london before now and launch i can see many nights being wasted on Nintendoland as well. (have more friends up there, and who are willing to have 'game' nights)

I'm also intrigued by scribblenauts, and if they polish up lego city that could be a dark horse.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Oct 2012 11:39:59 10,852 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am tempted to drop NSMBU from my launch games though as the feedback I heard from most people was very negative. Supposedly there were some issues with the demo units (unstable frame rate/stuttering) but, after NSMB2, I think I need to give that side of the franchise a wide berth.

Rayman Legends looks to be shitting on NSMBU from a very high height. Not a bad word was said about it. Assuming its got an ample singleplayer mode a la Origins then that will be my retail 2D platformer of choice at launch.
  • Carlo 1 Oct 2012 11:57:00 17,948 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese Thanks for the impressions!

• Carlo 1 Oct 2012 12:00:42 17,948 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also I think the games I'll be getting are:

ZombiU
    Nintendo Land
    Lego City... As I'm likening it to a Kid's GTA...

• MatMan562 1 Oct 2012 12:41:35 2,309 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To anyone who played the Wii U at the expo (I was unable to go), was the face buttons being under the right stick a problem at all? I think that's my main concern of the Wii U at the moment because it just seems weird but i'm hoping it's something that you just pick up without even realising it's any different.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• vyseofhr 1 Oct 2012 13:14:26 818 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Okay, here are my impressions from EG Expo too:

Hardware:
    I found the Gamepad itself to be one of the most ergonomically satisfying controllers I've ever held. The touch screen is amazing; it makes HD TVs look very low-res in comparison and both Nintendo Land and NSMB U looked far better on the gamepad than they did on a TV, which I think is surely where most of the high BOM cost of the Gamepad has gone. The screen is a true thing of beauty.
    Button placement is great too. No stretching and I found the face buttons easy to navigate too, and the triggers felt wonderfully tactile underneath my hands, although it is a pity that AFAIK they're digital and not analogue sensitive. It's light and play is a doddle.
    The Wii U itself is pretty non-descript, although I did like the subtle curve of the front of the console. I experienced negligable input latency and everything felt suitably responsive. Overall, I came away very, very impressed with the machine itself.

NSMB U:
    Not too bothered about this one. I only tried it with the Wiimote but it seemed very much Mario by numbers, although in my 10 minute play session it became more fun as the session wore on and the 5 of us began to co-operate. It's essentially more of the same, the cookie-cutter formula will wear thin over time but as a Mario-cannon launch game it'll sell by the truck-load. It's formulaic as a Nintendo title will ever get, but it's still fun and the level design was as good as ever.

NintendoLand:
    Had a go on three different attractions, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and Zelda. Firstly AC, this was a game of cat n' mouse with the gamepad holder using two guards to stop the four others stealing fruit. It was great fun; I used the gamepad for this game and controlling the two guards independently using each thumbstick and a trigger to attack/capture was challenging enough to give the others a chance, but when you managed to co-ordinate you could be very effective. I watched three games and two were won by the guards, and one by the players, so there is no guarantee of winning either. Simple game well executed.
    Luigi's Mansion was a similar game in truth, but a different enough dynamic to warrant a separate game. This one I played with the remote and we co-ordinated a very effective defence against the Boo, and won it inside about 2 minutes. This was a better game than AC in my personal opinion, and the ghost really adds an element of panic, and it was great to see multiple people screaming when they were caught and the efforts to revive fallen teammates. This really convinced me that asymetrical gaming really will work; it just needs the right combination of people.
    Zelda was my least favourite. There is not enough interaction for me in this one, save for slicing up, down, left or right. The Wiimote I was using was a bit shonky too, the rep asked me what I was doing when I was placing the remote face down on my hand to recalibrate, I don't think he'd realised how off at least my controller was. The gamepad side seemed a lot more fun, using the panorama to shoot arrows at enemies. It was a lot more weighted towards Gamepad enjoyment that Wiimote, this one IMO.

Pikmin:
    Pikmin was great. The controls were nuanced, and boy was it pretty. I played the boss and the trial course, both of which I enjoyed greatly. They've not altered the formula, but really they don't need to. The only struggle I had was with the camera, which I found a bit counter-intuitive, however grouping and dividing your Pikmin was an absolute breeze, this one will be a lot of fun provided the campaign is good.

Rayman:
    Also excellent in co-op, didn't see the SP mode though. Only had a short go, but also the outright most beautiful game on display at Ninty part of the show. Moves along at quite a speed too, which is great and really made you feel like a platforming pro!

Those are all the games I tried, I couldn't get on to ZombiU or Wonderful 101 in the time I had, I'm sure others will post impressions though. I am seriously excited. Seeing a Nintendo console in HD is amazing enough, but just knowing what an innovative games manufacturer they can be when they put their minds to it makes me seriously anticipate the next few years for the console. A bona-fide hit for me.

Edited by vyseofhr at 13:53:15 01-10-2012

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• SirScratchalot 1 Oct 2012 13:20:45 7,872 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    It's a shame ZombiU has no online co-op. Would be nice to meet up with a friend or find other survivors.
    Bit hopeful for a launch title. Unless Nintys online infrastructure is extremly solidified already it'd be a bit of a hassle I imagine.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 1 Oct 2012 13:20:57 10,852 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MatMan562 Not a problem reaching them with your thumb but an initial problem of not knowing exactly where they are, which will no doubt change with time.

As much as I would prefer the right thumbstick below the button array, it worked fine. It really does make the Playstation pad seem archiac and flawed. All above is better than all below IMO.
  • SirScratchalot 1 Oct 2012 13:22:25 7,872 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vyseofhr
    Thank you very much for the writeup. The Wii-u will show up here in sweden for the Gamex con, ut considering the wait for Diablo III last year almost killed me I might give it a pass.
  • Page

of 1345 First / Last