Wii U Page 1345

• Page

of 1410 First / Last

• Fake_Blood 23 Jul 2014 13:12:24 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In regards to ss I remember people saying they've finally made a game that proved motion control could work in an AAA game, but to bad it was at the end of the wii's lifespan.
    Me? I gave up after 90 minutes of tutorials.
  • Deleted user 23 July 2014 13:13:30
    I've always thought Twilight was the weakest yet. SS was needlessly stretched, but overall it's pretty good. I like what they did with the story too.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 23 Jul 2014 13:16:08 4,515 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I share Rhaegyrs sentiment there really. I found it much less awkward than twilight princess, and even OOT 3Ds. It's my second favourite after Link Between Worlds.
  • Ror1984 23 Jul 2014 13:36:52 4,244 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really miss flying my Loftwing about in Skyward. I wish they had made a bit more content to take advantage of that - the sky was a bit empty, really.
  • RyanDS 23 Jul 2014 14:05:33 9,841 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think there was a good Zelda on the Wii. Twighlight Princess was just annoying with shoehorned in motion rubbish and I got the impression would have been better on the gamecube with a pad, and Skyward Sword was built around waggle and just annoying.

How they went from the brilliant wind waker to those two terrible games is beyond me.
  • Fake_Blood 23 Jul 2014 14:07:51 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wait, didn't TP launch on GC?
  • Sharzam 23 Jul 2014 14:20:26 3,362 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was on both, was meant as a GC title but as it took so long they decided to also launch on the Wii.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• MatMan562 23 Jul 2014 16:00:46 2,605 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really loved Skyward Sword as I played through it but looking back at it and hearing other people's complaints I can see why some don't like it. I think it's main problem is it's linearity, I don't really remember exploring at all in it, and it's hand holding. It did take way too long to get going as well. I do think the controls were great though I wouldn't care too much if they were never used in a Zelda game again. ALBW is a much better game in the whole and I'm glad that's the direction they are taking the series with the Wii U installment.

Incidentally, Egoraptor put up a sequelitis video on Youtube a couple weeks ago comparing Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past which I found relatively interesting and funny. It is 30 minutes long though.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• CharlieStCloud 23 Jul 2014 17:00:04 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Toaster05

I just used my old work e-mail addresses, which I seemingly forever remember the password(s) for, and entered the codes on Club Nintendo under the 'new account' thingummy and once activated, after doing a mini questionnaire of sorts, you can immediately choose one of the ten games.

... that costed me 9.85 each!

Got myself all of the digital games bar those two Sonic games, Monster Hunter and The Wonderful 101 as I already have it (on disc). I'm chuffed to bits to be honest.

(^_^)
  • CharlieStCloud 23 Jul 2014 17:05:36 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    It can't be worse than the sailing in The Wind Waker. Blugh!
    Oh my actual days.

Never got the hate for the sailing; thought it was the most refreshing way to go about Link's adventure and the music was an absolute joy, especially at sunrise. Did you bid for (and win) the swift sail on Windfall Island? That speeds things up, as well as, in dues time, a song you can play on the Wind Waker that warps you anywhere you like.

There's plenty to criticise about that game, but the sailing?

It's the best thing about it!
  • RedSparrows 23 Jul 2014 17:13:31 24,235 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The comments on that video.

/facedesk

Rebels taking it to the sheeple, go fight the good fight.
  • Fake_Blood 23 Jul 2014 17:16:06 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I liked the sailing too. It's better than running around on a horse that can't jump a simple fence unless you're facing it at an exact 90.
  • Ceelion 23 Jul 2014 17:19:03 238 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Then do you get a code that you can download on any Wii U account? Or does it have to be the club nintendo linked account.

I'm so confused!
  • CharlieStCloud 23 Jul 2014 17:32:17 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ceelion

Nope, you do not have to link up your (barebones) account to a 3DS or Wii U, it is just a case of registering a new Club Nintendo account by entering the PIN code that is on the red Mario Kart 8 sleeve used for this promotion before confirming your new account by e-mail and there you go, pick a game and you'll soon receive a code to enter on the eShop.

... I made it sound long winded, but it's really quite simple!
  • Toaster05 23 Jul 2014 17:44:11 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shame that everyone has cottoned onto the codes now, as the prices are no where near what you paid @CharlieStCloud. Cheapest are around 15-17.

NNID: Toaster05
    3DS: 2595-1403-4953
    SteamID: Toaster05
    Xbox Live: Toaster05

• Fake_Blood 23 Jul 2014 17:45:09 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The pick the game part is actually a banner on the main club nintendo site if you're logged in.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jul 2014 17:55:51 11,892 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    It can't be worse than the sailing in The Wind Waker. Blugh!
    Oh my actual days.

Never got the hate for the sailing; thought it was the most refreshing way to go about Link's adventure and the music was an absolute joy, especially at sunrise. Did you bid for (and win) the swift sail on Windfall Island? That speeds things up, as well as, in dues time, a song you can play on the Wind Waker that warps you anywhere you like.

There's plenty to criticise about that game, but the sailing?

It's the best thing about it!
    Indeed, the sailing was awesome and the islands far more interesting than the locations in SS.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Raiko101 23 Jul 2014 19:01:41 6,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just going back to my earlier comments; I did indeed get hold of the swift sail (thanks to some friendly advice on here). It definitely helps, but it's still too much sailing for my liking. It dominates gameplay and I find my attention wavers the longer it goes on.

Perhaps 40-odd hours of Assassin's Creed 4 has killed off my interest in sailing the seas, lol.

I thought they nailed the sailing in Phantom Hourglass. The sea wasn't too big, the islands had greater purpose and you spent more exploring those islands than you did out at sea. I feel it has a better on-foot/sailing balance than The Wind Waker. I'd also say I prefer it to The Wind Waker, though I know i'm in a massive minority there. That and Phantom Hourglass is far from perfect.

I'll leave it there. It's not abandoned forever. I do intend to start over at some point in the future. Perhaps i'll be in a better frame of mind for it. I guess the constant sailing and plentiful sidequests that offered minimal reward just left me feeling the whole thing was a chore.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• malloc 23 Jul 2014 19:54:17 2,389 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I'll leave it there. It's not abandoned forever. I do intend to start over at some point in the future. Perhaps i'll be in a better frame of mind for it. I guess the constant sailing and plentiful sidequests that offered minimal reward just left me feeling the whole thing was a chore.
    Sadly I would have to agree.

I got the point where I had to pay for the maps but hadn't upgraded my wallet earlier in the game which meant I couldn't get any further. So frustrating.
  • Toaster05 24 Jul 2014 20:35:36 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some dude on ebay is selling the promotion codes for 11 each. I'm wondering if I should go for it and get a few.

I'm slightly concerned by the stories of Nintendo getting involved though. What do you reckon? Would you go for it? I would very much like Nintendoland and maybe either Pikmin or Monster Hunter.

• TheRealBadabing 24 Jul 2014 20:46:06 1,365 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, Nintendoland is something that will always be on our Wii U so I'm thinking of grabbing a cheap D/L copy to replace the disc. One of the few occasions a digital code is better than a retail version.
  • CharlieStCloud 24 Jul 2014 21:20:01 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Toaster05

You are concerned about Nintendo getting involved?

... I have purchased three download codes on eBay, one from a lovely gent on here (for a charity donation), one that was my very own and the other as part of a swap elsewhere. I have six of ten digital games and nobody from Japan wearing a black suit has come knocking on my door.

I reckon Nintendo Land is the best choice to download as you'll always play that in some shape or form, but Pikmin 3 and The Wind Waker HD are my personal favourites. Just remember that Monster Hunter and The Wonderful 101 are two of the biggest sized downloads so, tread lightly.

TL;DR - go for it!

: )
  • Toaster05 24 Jul 2014 21:22:15 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck it, YOLO!!!!!

• CharlieStCloud 24 Jul 2014 21:30:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Toaster05

... is there someone at your door?
  • Toaster05 24 Jul 2014 21:33:51 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not worried about those guys. Too many fingers.

My guess is that whoever had software removed from their account was abusing the system a little more than creating a new Club Nintendo account. I've ordered up one code to see how it goes and then I'll make a decision later if I want more.

Nintendoland is my pick as it is held in high regard and it's always silly money on eBay. (well 2nd hand Nintendo silly money)

• the_dudefather 24 Jul 2014 21:36:14 9,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    @Toaster05

You are concerned about Nintendo getting involved?

... I have purchased three download codes on eBay, one from a lovely gent on here (for a charity donation), one that was my very own and the other as part of a swap elsewhere. I have six of ten digital games and nobody from Japan wearing a black suit has come knocking on my door.

I reckon Nintendo Land is the best choice to download as you'll always play that in some shape or form, but Pikmin 3 and The Wind Waker HD are my personal favourites. Just remember that Monster Hunter and The Wonderful 101 are two of the biggest sized downloads so, tread lightly.

TL;DR - go for it!

: )
    so how does it work? can you register more than one mario kart per account or do you need to do some account jiggery pokery?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Toaster05 24 Jul 2014 21:40:14 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You get a code which you need to redeem against a Club Nintendo account. If you have registered a code already then you can't use it on your account.

Here comes the science bit....

If you make a new club Nintendo account and then redeem the code against it you'll get a serial for your game of choice which you can then redeem against your own account.

Bit cheeky but it works. I had previously purchased a code off eBay from someone that had redeemed the code, they just mailed me the actual game serial and job done.

Edited by Toaster05 at 21:41:48 24-07-2014

• the_dudefather 24 Jul 2014 21:49:57 9,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers, might grab nintendoland as I didn't get it with my console

Maybe either W101 (will have to try demo again, found it awkward first time) or one of the other games too

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Toaster05 25 Jul 2014 11:26:46 481 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Karma strikes!!!

I've just fucked up in spectacular fashion. I got a code and registered it but I typed in the email address incorrectly and can't access the club nintendo account.

• the_dudefather 25 Jul 2014 11:58:09 9,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bah, that sucks Toaster

Got two codes and ended up getting nintendoland and wii u party, thought it would be good to have some more multiplayer stuff on the system (grabbed Mario Bros with my actual mario kart code). Haven't redeemed on console yet, cheers for help

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Page

of 1410 First / Last