Wii U Page 1280

• Page

of 1386 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 7 Jun 2014 16:00:02 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    260 for wii u plus mario kart. Sports game download game and assorted tat. Is this reasonable? Turns out Mario Kart is a system seller as far as the wife is concerned.
    It is the end of days ... RyanDS having a Wii U in his household!

The kindest thing I can say about the sports game is that it is not very good. Could you not cough up an extra 10 and buy the LEGO Movie or LEGO Hobbit pack instead? I'd buy the Mario Kart bundle and be cheerful knowing you can claim a choice of one of ten downloadable games for free.

You honestly do not need the 'assorted tat' as the Premium bundle contains everything you require, and more.

I hope yo ... I mean the wife enjoys her new console!

: )
  • RyanDS 7 Jun 2014 16:05:05 9,712 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't enjoy it last time I had it and genuinely count it the worst console purchase I ever made. But the wife likes mario kart and Mario 3d is supposed to be okay so maybe this time will be better.

Also the wife is paying not me. I am just advising so not having my wallet damaged will generate some good will.
  • quadfather 7 Jun 2014 16:10:40 13,144 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @RyanDS

It's 239 on Amazon for the Mario kart pack + free game download if that's any help
    I have 25 credit in game which makes them the same price. It's the sports game any good?
    Ah right. I'm not sure on the sports game as I haven't got it.

/mine of information, me :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• RyanDS 7 Jun 2014 17:11:41 9,712 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And bought. For the price difference may as well pick one up on way home. Plus a quick trip to cex for a wii mote.

Tempted for Zelda as the free game as I know I will enjoy. But mario is supposed to be good. Is it better than the utter disappointment that was nsmbu?
  • PierrePressure 7 Jun 2014 17:23:29 243 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Jun 2014 17:25:46 8,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    And bought. For the price difference may as well pick one up on way home. Plus a quick trip to cex for a wii mote.

Tempted for Zelda as the free game as I know I will enjoy. But mario is supposed to be good. Is it better than the utter disappointment that was nsmbu?
    If you think NSMBU is an utter disappointment then I wouldn't try to recommend you a game as it seems we're at polar opposites of what we like!
  • RyanDS 7 Jun 2014 17:27:50 9,712 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Duh! I thought 3d land was in the promotion. That is annoying. Nsmbu I just found so lazy. Easy, no innovation and it offered nothing new compared to something like the new raymans.
  • DFawkes 7 Jun 2014 18:04:19 23,722 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought that NSMBU was terrible for the first 10 minutes. There's this horrible lag that happens when I pressed jump. It's not much, but it's enough to completely shatter the expected split second Mario platforming fun.

Then I remembered I run my Wii U through my Xbox One, so played it looking at the Gamepad screen. Yep, totally fine there. What a tube I am :p In my defence, the lag (about 1/10th of a second delay) is almost imperceptible for most games I play, where the more involved animations hide it. You wouldn't even know Mario Kart was being affected in the same way, but for 2D Mario it's enough to throw off the feel of the whole game.

I'm surprised how good NSMBU is so far though. It's a lot more original in places than I'd been lead to believe. Sure, same core gameplay as ever, but the Squirrel Suit and its mid-air boost have clearly been taken into consideration in the level design, meaning there is some nice stuff tantalisingly out of reach and some nice verticality in the levels that I wouldn't usually expect. Also, it's nice to see Yoshi back :) Definitely alright for nowt.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Pinky_Floyd 7 Jun 2014 18:11:41 8,247 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aye, its in the fiendish level design and playtested to oblivion gameplay that NSMBU shines. Its Mario, it doesnt stray from that for obvious reasons but still effortlessly kicks Rayman into touch as a platformer and is easily the best 2D mario since Super Mario World. Crackin' game and if you like the series you would be mad to let it pass you by.
  • Pazie 7 Jun 2014 18:12:51 232 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you install games on the Wii U.
  • zoolophage 7 Jun 2014 18:31:02 2,013 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Pazie

No, you cannot install disc based games on Wii U.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• RyanDS 7 Jun 2014 18:33:24 9,712 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Please enter a user or set one up...
    Sorry. We cannot add a user until you have updated system.
    Please enter a user so you can update...

Fuck I forgot how retarded nintendo are...
  • Pazie 7 Jun 2014 18:42:43 232 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @zoolophage That's a shame. Thanks for the reply.
  • ChiefGB 7 Jun 2014 20:24:10 1,066 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Please enter a user or set one up...
    Sorry. We cannot add a user until you have updated system.
    Please enter a user so you can update...

Fuck I forgot how retarded nintendo are...
    Yeah drove me mad that, mario 3d world is a fantastic game btw and deffo go for zelda, nsmb didn't impress me in wii or d's but can't comment on the u version. The 2d mario's seem so tired nowadays.
  • Raiko101 7 Jun 2014 20:44:26 6,568 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For what it's worth, NSMBU offers little new over the other entries in the series, but it has considerably stronger level design. I'd rate it more highly than Rayman Legends, which is still a great game in it's own right.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jun 2014 22:17:21 11,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Duh! I thought 3d land was in the promotion. That is annoying. Nsmbu I just found so lazy. Easy, no innovation and it offered nothing new compared to something like the new raymans.
    Get Pikmin 3 or Zelda

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jun 2014 22:24:54 11,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Get Pikmin 3 or Zelda

• RyanDS 7 Jun 2014 22:27:42 9,712 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Went for Zelda as the wife liked the look of it more.

Just installing now...
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jun 2014 22:43:14 11,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Went for Zelda as the wife liked the look of it more.

Just installing now...
    If you never played it first time around you're in for a treat.
    It's gorgeous.

• Decap 7 Jun 2014 22:53:40 59 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As someone with no experience with previous Zeldas, I found the windwaker pretty boring. :/
    Sure it's pretty and fun but really slow paced which makes it feel boring to play imo. :|

As the promotion game I got the Pikmin 3, which seems very fun. :)
  • Toaster05 7 Jun 2014 23:36:03 308 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I managed to pick up a download code for Zelda from the eBay. People are offloading the codes for around 15.

Having not played Wind Waker since I had it for my Japanese GC and having forgotten most of it I can say it's a real breath of fresh air (no pun intended) For some reason I didn't like the art style first time round but now I simply adore it!!!

One of the best features I've encountered so far for the Wii U version is the tingle bottles. It's quite good fun to leave little messages for people and to discover their messages in far flung locations.

I really hope the rumours of Mario Sunshine HD come to fruition as I'm having a GC renaissance!

NNID: Toaster05
    3DS: 2595-1403-4953
    SteamID: Toaster05
    Xbox Live: Toaster05

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2014 00:00:06 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Toaster05

Ha ha!

... only just (luckily, mind) bought a Club Nintendo red leaflet thingummy on eBay - for one of ten games - for 11.99!

The seller had ten of those up for sale and by the time I swiftly ordered the code, they were all gone.

I am chuffed to bits.

: )

This also means I shall be getting my THIRD 5 eShop voucher in a space of a week, once I eventually register whichever game I'll choose to download. I have an awful lot of love for Nintendo at the mo-mo and I am sure there are plenty of other folks who feels the same way too.
  • Toaster05 8 Jun 2014 00:04:02 308 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Good price! I keep meaning to take a look on fleabay for another code. I wouldn't mind Pikmin 3. I'm also wondering if Monster Hunter is for me. Not sure about that one but for a tenner I'd take a punt.

• Toaster05 8 Jun 2014 00:10:37 308 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm, CEX will buy Mario Kart 8 for 29. Assuming you wanted the codes I guess buying a copy for 39 off Amazon and redeeming the code could work out.

I assume that's what people are doing to try and make a buck by selling codes for games and then trying to flog them for 25.

Edited by Toaster05 at 00:11:18 08-06-2014

• ChiefGB 8 Jun 2014 00:21:10 1,066 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I'm on the look out for a decent priced quality cover/sleeve to keep the gamepad dust free when not being used and maybe one that allows charging at the same time. Any recommendations (don't fancy one of those hard plastic shell type things though)
  • erasr 8 Jun 2014 00:59:42 20 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just considering whether to buy one or not. Think my gf would love playing MK with me and I played the Wii version to death. Mario 64 is my fave game of all time, so I'm really missing the Nintendo effect in my serious PS4 driven world.

PSN: Worlds_On_Fire

• McEwan 8 Jun 2014 01:02:36 509 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is anybody on the Tekken Tag network? Downloaded a copy last week in the sale and getting walloped on a regular basis.
  • zoolophage 8 Jun 2014 07:33:49 2,013 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @McEwan

I think quite a few of the regulars in the Wii U forum own the game. I myself have only dipped my toe into single player mode so far. I've too many games on Wii U and not enough time to play them all. That said, I've had a great time this weekend getting back into Zelda WW, Mario 3D World and even spent a litle time with Deus Ex.

I must be the world's worst Deus Ex player. I died about a dozen times on the very first battle in the game. For shame. Had to put the difficulty down to easy. I cannot for the life of me control 2 sticks at the same time.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2014 08:24:59 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @erasr

Buy a Wii U so that your girlfriend can play Mario Kart 8 with you (and feel like you are both spending quality time together, which is always a bonus!) and you can weep with joy when you play Super Mario 3D World. If it wasn't for The Last of Us, that game would have been the runaway winner for the Game of the Year (last year).

... I thought the Wii and Xbox 360 complimented each other quite well last time round however, it looks like the PlayStation 4 and Wii U are the nicest bunch together at the mo-mo with allsorts of variety in genres for both consoles.

Go for it, I say!
  • Page

of 1386 First / Last