Wii U Page 1231

• Page

of 1364 First / Last

• TheMayorOfJugs 8 May 2014 21:36:50 3,654 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Raiko101 Just found the leaflet for Premium Club , thanks for the info.

Is the 19.99 for Zombii U on the eshop a good price?
  • prawnking1980 8 May 2014 21:53:07 4,616 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No I paid around 10 for a new physical copy 6 months ago
  • TheMayorOfJugs 8 May 2014 21:58:51 3,654 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ok, thanks, will keep an eye out.
  • evilashchris 8 May 2014 22:40:35 7,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheMayorOfJugs Here you go six quid.

Twitter: @COToole

• Sid-Nice 9 May 2014 01:01:15 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mario Kart 8 is the game of the year for 2014, Watch-Dogs will average 6/10 so it's time to buy a Wii U.

NNID Sid-Nice

• dominalien 9 May 2014 15:52:17 6,957 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I rather like this Wii U thing.

The gamepad is huge. It's also surprisingly light.

I think they want me to buy Zelda 1 and 2 again, despite already owning it on the 3DS (with the same NNID). That's not cool. Not that I'm going to buy it, but I sort of expected them to show up on my download list.

The whole "look at this screen, now look at that screen" thing in the menus is unnecessary and confusing. They should do away with it. It seems great for games, though.

Wind Waker is ugly.

PSN: DonOsito

• Armoured_Bear 9 May 2014 15:55:41 11,295 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Wind Waker is ugly.
    Shut your whore mouth.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 9 May 2014 15:57:09 60,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dear god, dont make him post dozens of screenshots of him floating around aimlessly in a boat!

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Armoured_Bear 9 May 2014 15:59:48 11,295 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Dear god, dont make him post dozens of screenshots of him floating around aimlessly in a boat!
    I'll fucking do it, don't push me!

• TheMayorOfJugs 9 May 2014 16:18:09 3,654 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've never played Windwaker til now. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Prettiest fucking game though. Between this and MGS GZ on ps4 for prettiest thing I've seen on a console.
  • dominalien 9 May 2014 16:21:19 6,957 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Wind Waker is ugly.
    Shut your whore mouth.
    That's not what you were saying last night.

PSN: DonOsito

• Erek 9 May 2014 17:45:52 229 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Actually I somewhat agree. The excellent, vibrant character designs distract from how bland and blurry some of the texturing and environments look. the charm carries it though.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 May 2014 17:58:41 11,295 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Erek wrote:
    Actually I somewhat agree. The excellent, vibrant character designs distract from how bland and blurry some of the texturing and environments look. the charm carries it though.
    You made me do it...

• neilka 9 May 2014 18:02:45 16,100 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's that dripping off that kid's face?

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• SomaticSense 9 May 2014 18:11:58 8,429 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Shit graphics.
  • Bremenacht 9 May 2014 18:15:06 18,447 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    /snigger
  • Deleted user 11 May 2014 09:01:02
    BTW... doubt anyone else will ever be dumb enough to pick this heap of crap up... however...

Funky Barn 1/10

I bought this for my g/f's kids. I thought "sounds good, they can look after a farm and call the animals using the gamepad and it'll keep them happy for a while".

Turns out its a very poor Age of Empires style of game, with walls of text for the "kids" to read and some of the shittest most unintuitive controls I've ever had the misfortune to use. I tried it in the end as they were floundering.

Just a really , badly thought out hunk of crap. There are very childish elements to it, like stroking the animals to make them happy in a mini game, but then there is rushing about trying to pick up eggs and making sure all the chickens have enough troughs and flowers and housing and who the fuck cares... it was just shit... really, really shit and I should have taken a hint by the amount you see of them in the second hand section. No idea who its aimed at, but its too complex for kids and its too utterly shite for anyone else.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2014 09:03:32
    I'm going to try them with Pikmin 3 next... though I'm not keen on the time limit that each day has. Looks lovely and has some really cute moments, but I'd love to feel I could just explore and wander around without feeling I had to panic and find food and rush around and watch the clock. I didn't get the reason for the timer on 3D Mario either... sure, have a time limit for the real keen uber players, but let the rest of us crap idiots bimble around exploring and generally taking our time to enjoy the place... and die horribly in slow motion. :)
  • Psiloc 11 May 2014 09:11:33 1,468 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Joining the party, my Wii U is at the depot waiting to be delivered tomorrow :)

The games I've ordered are Mario 3D, NSMBU + Luigi, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will be ordered once it's out. Also bought a pro controller which to be honest I expect to use whenever I can. Anything I'm missing/any good offers I can't refuse?
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 May 2014 09:14:40 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @LegacySystem Dont worry. There is no time limit as such, you just go back the next day and pick up where you left off. Any feelings of pressure are mostly artificial as you have lots of time to dander through the game at a slow pace and complete it.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2014 09:24:00
    Thanks Pinky, but what about the "Oh nooes! We're running out of food!" part? I assume you end up with so much you can bimble around, but at the moment all I've found is a lemon and a strawberry and I assume I've got to explore more areas to find more food.

I liked the game (unusual for me these days), just didnt like the feeling that I HAD to keep exploring to find more food before I starved to death. I'm only on Day 3. Its a bloody beautiful game I must say and some of the touches are just wonderful.
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 May 2014 09:27:47 7,908 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @LegacySystem I dont think I ever came close to running out of food once the first few days were put of the way. I took my time and finished the game at about 60 days or thereabouts. Had loads of juice in the bank. You will be wanting to collect all the fruit anyway as this game will scratch even the most minor OCD tendency :)

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 09:28:31 11-05-2014
  • Deleted user 11 May 2014 09:39:15
    Thanks mate... and yes... massive OCD on this thing... I've been throwing pikmin at everything and anything... poor little suckers take it all on the... erm... tuber...

I'll reset it to Day zero so they can see the whole intro... even I was smiling when I saw my first (ever) Pikmin :)
  • jimnastics 11 May 2014 09:48:50 283 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LegacySystem wrote:
    I didn't get the reason for the timer on 3D Mario either...
    Whoever decided on a timer for 3D Mario World should be shot... it ruins any ounce of genuine open exploration the game has, which for me is what 3D Mario games have always been about. It put a massive dampener on the game, I packed it in somewhere around world 4. Some people seem to love the game, for me it was one of my biggest gaming disappointments in recent years, and this is coming from a huge Nintendo / Mario fan. Seriously hope they release another Mario that is a genuine continuation of the real 3D Mario adventure game series.
  • Pazie 11 May 2014 10:07:18 228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @LegacySystem I had this game on the 3DS and really enjoyed playing it, only problem for me was it was over too quickly.

Edited by Pazie at 10:07:47 11-05-2014
  • aros 12 May 2014 13:34:47 2,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Erek wrote:
    You made me do it...

*image*
    The characters look out of place, what's wrong with the world? I always thought the entire environment matched the characters in WW?
  • McEwan 12 May 2014 13:49:53 489 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've had my Wii U for about a week now and I have to say...I'm very pleased. The off-tv element in particular is fantastic.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 12 May 2014 13:53:13 3,654 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @evilashchris thanks :)
  • aros 12 May 2014 14:04:28 2,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    LegacySystem wrote:
    I didn't get the reason for the timer on 3D Mario either...
    Whoever decided on a timer for 3D Mario World should be shot... it ruins any ounce of genuine open exploration the game has, which for me is what 3D Mario games have always been about. It put a massive dampener on the game, I packed it in somewhere around world 4. Some people seem to love the game, for me it was one of my biggest gaming disappointments in recent years, and this is coming from a huge Nintendo / Mario fan. Seriously hope they release another Mario that is a genuine continuation of the real 3D Mario adventure game series.
    They obviously think the timer is a fun element of 2D Mario rather than a sign of not bothering to continually assess all aspects of their basic game design.
  • Raiko101 12 May 2014 14:16:06 6,341 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had no issues with the timer, myself. It is quite a different game to the other 3D outings. There's not a lot to explore. Its just a hardcore obstacle course.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 1364 First / Last