Wii U Page 1228

• Page

of 1362 First / Last

• Cappy 7 May 2014 19:12:46 11,927 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I suppose it becomes increasingly likely that the Wii U will hit clearance prices after next Christmas then. Having so much inventory of a console that's not selling, whilst still manufacturing even more of them is a great way to lose huge amounts of money.

Even knocked down at £50 I'd have doubts because of the pad, too big, too much faff, I just want a normal controller that I don't even know is there whilst I'm playing.
  • macmurphy 7 May 2014 19:19:24 999 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Raiko101

I think it would make the WiiU a viable purchase for people worried about a sparse release schedule. There's nothing official though is there, or did I miss a Nintendo Direct. I don't know what games like Mario 3dland would look like on a big screen, but I'm sure they would be aces on the pad.
  • superbob85 7 May 2014 19:25:45 2,019 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I would like DS games to come to the virtual console so many classics on that handheld.
  • sega 7 May 2014 19:28:30 857 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Even knocked down at £50 I'd have doubts because of the pad, too big, too much faff, I just want a normal controller that I don't even know is there whilst I'm playing.
    Same here. I wouldn't take a Wii U to keep even if someone gave me one for free. It would just take up precious living room space with that giant gamepad in addition to all the other controllers and the original Wii.
  • Raiko101 7 May 2014 19:37:42 6,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm doing the opposite. I've invested quite a bit into my Wii U and I'll continue to do so until its officially discontinued. I've already got my moneys worth from it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RyanDS 7 May 2014 19:46:08 9,350 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    macmurphy wrote:
    @Raiko101

I think it would make the WiiU a viable purchase for people worried about a sparse release schedule. There's nothing official though is there, or did I miss a Nintendo Direct. I don't know what games like Mario 3dland would look like on a big screen, but I'm sure they would be aces on the pad.
    3ds games already look low res and blocky on the xl screen.  I really don't think they could do them on tv.
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 May 2014 20:02:52 7,876 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sega wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Same here. I wouldn't take a Wii U to keep even if someone gave me one for free. It would just take up precious living room space with that giant gamepad in addition to all the other controllers and the original Wii.
    You pair out for the day or are you here all week?

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 20:03:19 07-05-2014
  • Great_Googly_Moogly 7 May 2014 20:18:41 770 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    @macmurphy There was talk about developing games that could be released on both 3DS and Wii U. Rumours kicked up a notch when Nintendo merged their hardware divisions and there were even rumours of a HD Luigi's Mansion 2.

To be honest, I could see such a concept working. Fair enough the 3DS is selling rather well, but there are people out there that tend to avoid handheld gaming altogether, so they might consider picking up such games for a home console.
    They announced DS games for the wii u pad, but as far as i know not 3ds games.

I really hope MK8 puts a little bit of momentum in the system. Game looks great.

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• superbob85 7 May 2014 20:21:59 2,019 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I think MK8 will do well as will Smash Bros when it gets released. Interesting to see what announcements Nintendo make at E3.
  • Great_Googly_Moogly 7 May 2014 20:27:52 770 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    i think it will sell pretty well - to wii u owners. It's been sat in the top 3 amazon bestsellers chart since that direct last week. So i think it shift some copies.

You look at the wii u kart bundle though.. yeah. Not very good.

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• Armoured_Bear 7 May 2014 20:30:11 10,985 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    sega wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    It's national moron week.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Lt_Drebin 7 May 2014 20:41:50 153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I'm doing the opposite. I've invested quite a bit into my Wii U and I'll continue to do so until its officially discontinued. I've already got my moneys worth from it.
    Same here. I bought mine for £220 over a year ago and it's rapidly become one of my favourite consoles ever so it absolutely justified the money for me at least. Unfortunately it appears to be the Dreamcast all over again in that I love it, I've bought loads of cheap games for it and have had some brilliant gaming nights gathered around it with my mates. The looming spectres of the (at the time) unreleased consoles and an unusual online component seem to have done for it though. Cult status beckons...
  • superbob85 7 May 2014 20:44:28 2,019 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Lol the mk8 bundle at tesco was a great deal noticed everywhere else charging £250.
  • zoolophage 7 May 2014 20:57:10 1,728 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lt_Drebin wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Same here. I bought mine for £220 over a year ago and it's rapidly become one of my favourite consoles ever so it absolutely justified the money for me at least. Unfortunately it appears to be the Dreamcast all over again in that I love it, I've bought loads of cheap games for it and have had some brilliant gaming nights gathered around it with my mates. The looming spectres of the (at the time) unreleased consoles and an unusual online component seem to have done for it though. Cult status beckons...
    I'll third that. I've really enjoyed the Wii U and have totally gotten my money's worth out of it and will make the most of it, however long it lasts. Almost all of the games Nintendo have released for it have been good or great but it's still a failure at the end of the day.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Raiko101 7 May 2014 22:13:25 6,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We should let Nintendo know about our support so they can adjust their Wii U budget accordingly. It can't cost all that much to support 3 users. Maybe they'll throw in a few cheeky freebies! :D

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• McEwan 7 May 2014 22:19:49 471 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    sega wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    It's not the size of the gamepad, it's what you do with it that counts!
  • Armoured_Bear 7 May 2014 23:29:29 10,985 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nintendo have supposedly spent $100M on some unknown acquisition.
    QoL related I presume.

• FatSternKikwi 7 May 2014 23:43:01 559 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This quality of life shit worries me.
  • MatMan562 8 May 2014 00:11:55 2,456 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the QoL stuff meant to be tied somewhat to the gaming side of things or will it be it's own division within Nintendo?

I was thinking about E3 the other day and I realised that, of the main 3, Nintendo have the most potential. Admittedly that's sort of a "the higher you are the further you can fall" kind of deal but when thinking about the Sony and MS conferences I couldn't really think of much that would be surprising in a really good way, only new IPs could really do it I think, whereas it's not hard to when thinking about Nintendo's where something as simple as a new Metroid would be surprising at this stage. Maybe that's just me though.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• MatMan562 8 May 2014 02:55:10 2,456 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So apparently they're doing "NFP" - "NFC Featured Platform", basically a Skylanders/ Disney Infinity thing but for Nintendo. They supposedly showed a Mario figurine used to carry save data between different consoles and games and there will be an IR NFP reader for the 3DS so the figures can be used cross-platform. Sounds pretty interesting, hopefully the games that use them are good enough. Supposedly we'll see the games and figures at E3.

If the figures are half decent all my money will be gone though!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• fletch7100 8 May 2014 04:58:17 7,311 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MatMan562

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/08/nintendo-announces-new-nfc-platform-for-show-at-e3-2014/

Info here about that item.
  • Armoured_Bear 8 May 2014 08:00:42 10,985 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well done Nintendo, several years after turning down exclusivity of Skylanders you copy it using Mario. no stopping the Wii U now.
    Does anyone apart from really young kids and a few über geeks buy these figurines?

• Armoured_Bear 8 May 2014 08:08:29 10,985 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    X is still listed as 2014 at least....

• jimnastics 8 May 2014 08:43:11 274 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Regards value for money, I completely don't feel like I've had it yet. When I buy a Nintendo console, there are are three games I expect at the very least - Zelda, a 3D Mario, and Mario Kart, none of which have appeared in 18 months (yes I know MK is on the way, at last). Three massive IPs, the three biggest you could argue, and they couldn't get anything out in 18 months? Just one of them would have been acceptable! That is a huge fuck up from Nintendo, to not get a genuine system seller out in that time.

Up to this point, I do not think the Wii U was remotely money well spent. Pretty sure MK will change that for me, but it's too late in the grand scheme of things.
  • JiveHound 8 May 2014 08:49:09 2,434 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I take your meaning as 3d World doesn't count?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• midi82 8 May 2014 09:10:30 673 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    interesting to note in that report of the NFC thing that the Wii U is no longer sold at a loss. Surely that gives a bit of scope for some more aggressive pricing and more deals like the MK one with the free game.

Not that I'm bothered, bought on launch day and have definitely got my money's worth.
  • midi82 8 May 2014 09:13:08 673 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the NFC thing would be pretty cool for DLC/eShop stuff, instead of just buying a code you buy a figurine which is used to get the download.

Surely that's better than just getting a card with a number on it.
  • nickthegun 8 May 2014 09:14:50 59,857 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The slightly sad thing about all this talk of NFC is that they are, once again, relying on a gimmick to save the console. I mean, seriously, how many games can NFC utilisation shift?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• CosmicFuzz 8 May 2014 09:20:38 24,203 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Ninty need to stop trying to invent crazy attachments and make some fucking games. And get third-party titles sorted oh what is the point anymore they never listen.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• nickthegun 8 May 2014 09:22:36 59,857 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, given how much they whore out pokemans, its quite astonishing that they didnt do this sooner.

I would have thought a rip off of skylanders where you can collect statues of snorlax would be the worlds biggest tap in.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Page

of 1362 First / Last