Wii U Page 1200

• Page

of 1409 First / Last

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 10:25:52 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Nintendo need to attract the middle aged man market, the one that has ruined games.

The one that loves playing 4 hour games on a Saturday and patting themselves on the back for getting through another 5/10 game designed for the "experience" rather than being any fun for the princely sum of 40.

The one's that would lap up plop like Titanfall pretending it's actually any good in the hope they can replicate that one time they played CS on LAN 12 years ago at a mate's house.

That's their issue.
  • nickthegun 10 Apr 2014 10:33:07 61,305 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The have the middle aged, misty eyed bed wetter market. They are precisesly the ones who continually give nintendo games 10/10 on EG and are the main demographic of this thread.

Then they have the really young market who like DS stuff.

Its the entire market in between that they have lost who couldnt give a shit about nintendos golden era and are happy playing cod and fifa.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 10:39:50 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    They honestly don't though.

They're after middle aged men that drop 400 on an xbox one to watch netflix.

Or are willing to pay for a ps4 to give resogun 10 minutes then have it sit there under their tv as a testament to their life before they met their 4/10 pudding missus.
  • aros 10 Apr 2014 10:39:58 3,423 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @nickthegun I'm not even sure I want it, I have the Wii one and it didn't really grab me. Everyone says it's superb but I didn't see it. Probably just didn't give it enough time.
    I don't like Smash either. It's hardly a system seller to many people who don't already own a Wii U.
  • zoolophage 10 Apr 2014 10:41:52 2,255 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite understandable that people are now bailing out on the Wii U. The situation could hardly be worse and I doubt they will have anything notable for release soon or to announce at E3. If X and Bayonetta 2 come out this year it'll be a bonus. A casual gamer like myself can manage on MK, SB and those 2. Throw in lots of 3ds goodness and I really can't keep up. Not enough hours in the day.

All things considered I'm enjoying the Wii U a lot more than I did than the Wii and almost as much as the GC. It kind of feels wrong to be enjoying such a disaster but the quality of what has been released is very high and is basically meeting my gaming needs. That said, I totally understand that for others it has been a total disappointment and is the end of the line for many people as far as Nintendo are concerned.

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and psn in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501

• Fake_Blood 10 Apr 2014 10:43:12 4,447 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CaptainAlph wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Thats it, im selling mine. Only reason I kept it so long was the hope for a new zelda.
    How much are you looking for it? I have a friend wanting to get one.
    I live in Belgium mate, postage would be expensive I think.
    But thanks for the offer.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2014 10:43:28
    @CaptainAlph

They'll never win over that market. The middle-age idiot (like one of the 50year old barbers at my local barbers) that revels in shouting and exchanging uncouth comments with 12year olds in online gaming isn't on their radar.

He's only ever owned an xbox(360 and X1), and doesn't understand the outrage of the X1 original reveal. To him, gaming is a paid service to get his adrenaline up, from the fight-or-flight verbal exchanges with kids. How would Nintendo ever win over that misguided customer, that has no understanding of the terms 'game' or 'gamer'?

It would be easier for them to start a barber shop chain and install consoles in the shops for people to use while they wait in the chair.
  • nickthegun 10 Apr 2014 10:44:54 61,305 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CaptainAlph wrote:

Or are willing to pay for a ps4 to give resogun 10 minutes then have it sit there under their tv as a testament to their life before they met their 4/10 pudding missus.
    Honestly, I would be willing to bet that the age of the average Wii u owner is far, far higher than those who own an xbox or playstation.

• LeoliansBro 10 Apr 2014 10:47:16 44,956 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't see another home console being released by Nintendo. The management don't know how, the shareholders won't tolerate it, and the market is now 5% bitter spurned WiiU owners and 95% uninterested.

Best we'll see is some hybrid health app thing in the style of WiiFit which might get some minigames and might not.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Great-Googly-Moogly 10 Apr 2014 10:48:41 1,293 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    In the name of balance, I'm still looking for a reason to buy one , weirdly. So E3 is kind of the end of an all of for me. I want Nintendo to sell me the console or at least it's future.

I want to play games like pikmin, mario, DK, kart, 101, WW etc, so just want Nintendo to turn up and show us something. I think the timing of the smash direct is a little weird, they have had two pretty extensive blow outs of there two biggest games this year for the wii u, so it makes me wonder what they do have for E3. Que presentation that focuses on a game that was released the week before the smash release date and zelda.

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    Photography: www.joelstinton.wordpress.com
    Games: www.joelsgamereview.wordpress.com

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 10:52:17 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I honestly look at a console and think if its able to justify the price tag that I pay for it. So, if there are games that justify that price out right now, then the future isn't a concern necessarily.

And, for me, we have a number of games that fully justify the price.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Apr 2014 10:52:26 44,956 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It doesn't have a future. Nintendo have told us as much, anything else is just fingers-in-the-ears denial from people who remember playing SMW on the SNES.

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 10:57:31 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    No-one here is pretending otherwise.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Apr 2014 10:59:02 44,956 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Everyone holding their breath for E3 is.

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 11:00:34 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    At the very least we should get a release date for Bayonetta 2 and X.

Then we should be expecting more Zelda, probably for 2015.

Then we have the culmination of their policy to pursue Indie Games.

We've had hints about Metroid.
  • aros 10 Apr 2014 11:01:28 3,423 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PirateRoberts wrote:
    @nickthegun

I get it. If you've had one and it has disappointed you, then I do understand that. Especially against the backdrop of so little confirmed in the near future, following the mighty mario kart.

But I'm hopeful that MK8 will sell by the truckload to the casual Wii audience, the ones that vote for Ant & Dec at the TV awards. This should allow Nintendo to buy up studios to pay for the games only the core audience will buy in the next two years. And I'm also sure that Nintendo have quite a few other surprises in store for this year; learning to use their game announcements in a disruptive way.
    Wishful thinking. MK sold to casuals because of the wheel, not the game itself.
  • CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 11:04:14 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Yeah, they wanted a plastic wheel.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2014 11:05:13
    @LeoliansBro

Are you Michael Pachter? or one of his family members or friend?

As it always seems like you want people to explain something you don't see in a console from an investor angle, rather than for your benefit as a gamer, of wanting to be part of the next great gaming experience.

No problem if you are, just that it would add some useful context for your style of comments.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Apr 2014 11:10:16 44,956 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So glad you're back vizzini.

To humour you for a minute, I'm talking from the investor angle (as you put it) because that is what drives the development cycle and release schedule for the games and consoles.

I said the WiiU was underbaked and overpriced before it was launched, and I was right.
    I said the WiiU had a window to gain support before the PS4 / X1 came out and they weren't doing anything about it, and I was right.
    I said the WiiU would not receive support from 3rd parties once the low sales meant games could not be profitable, and I was right.
    I said Nintendo would not support the WiiU once it became clear it was an also ran, and I was right.

I'm like the Cassandra of this thread.

• Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 11:10:55 19,663 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I don't see another home console being released by Nintendo. The management don't know how, the shareholders won't tolerate it, and the market is now 5% bitter spurned WiiU owners and 95% uninterested.

Best we'll see is some hybrid health app thing in the style of WiiFit which might get some minigames and might not.
    Oh I do. They might not have executed Wii U right in any way, but consoles are their bread and butter and I don't see them giving up because of a big knock-back. At worst, I'd see them partnering with someone to share risk and knowhow for western markets.
  • nickthegun 10 Apr 2014 11:11:00 61,305 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    To humour you for a minute
    Please dont.

• aros 10 Apr 2014 11:13:45 3,423 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    CaptainAlph wrote:

Honestly, I would be willing to bet that the age of the average Wii u owner is far, far higher than those who own an xbox or playstation.
    Aye - it's people in their 20s and 30s that are buying X1 and PS4 early on.
  • CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 11:15:03 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I don't understand the point about Nintendo not supporting the console with software.

Is this some elaborate merk?
  • Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 11:15:16 19,663 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I'm like the Cassandra of this thread.
    Haha! To be quite fair, almost everyone bar ecosse and higgins said the same about the first three points.
  • aros 10 Apr 2014 11:15:25 3,423 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great_Googly_Moogly wrote:
    In the name of balance, I'm still looking for a reason to buy one , weirdly. So E3 is kind of the end of an all of for me. I want Nintendo to sell me the console or at least it's future.

I want to play games like pikmin, mario, DK, kart, 101, WW etc, so just want Nintendo to turn up and show us something. I think the timing of the smash direct is a little weird, they have had two pretty extensive blow outs of there two biggest games this year for the wii u, so it makes me wonder what they do have for E3. Que presentation that focuses on a game that was released the week before the smash release date and zelda.
    They aren't appearing at e3 again this year. They will hold a Direct IIRC, so I'm not sure where you are all getting e3 presentation hope from.
  • Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 11:17:53 19,663 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CaptainAlph wrote:
    I don't understand the point about Nintendo not supporting the console with software.

Is this some elaborate merk?
    I think it's more the case that Nintendo didn't put enough into producing games, leaving most of it to the third parties who'd already packed their bags and were queuing for lifeboats.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Apr 2014 11:18:56 44,956 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

Oh I do. They might not have executed Wii U right in any way, but consoles are their bread and butter and I don't see them giving up because of a big knock-back. At worst, I'd see them partnering with someone to share risk and knowhow for western markets.
    This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, I'm afraid. Nintendo themselves have told you they are moving in a different direction, but ther's a slice of the fanbase who refuse to imagine this 'innovative' business could innovate away from the console model altogether. Doubly confusing given they are not good at making mainstream consoles, and without the Wii, a definite oddity, each console has sold ~15-20% less than the one that came before.

More Cassandra: there will not be a new Zelda on the WiiU. There will not be a Metroid Prime on the WiiU, although they may use the brand in a Hyrule Warriors way. The E3-time announcements will not focus on the WiiU and may even outline Nintendo's new health / lifestyle thinking they were forced into announcing in Jan. The 3DS will continue as the core of their business model at present.

• CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 11:19:09 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    But, that's just not the case whatsoever.

So, are we going to blindly throw out statements whilst we're watching our favourite youtubber play the games we've bought that sit shrink wrapped on our coffee tables or are we going to talk facts?
  • aros 10 Apr 2014 11:19:24 3,423 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They didn't buy up any established Western studios to assist with HD development, not least helping teach Nintendo how to do it. They went in absolutely blind so it's ridiculous to blame the market for not buying the console.
  • CaptainAlph 10 Apr 2014 11:22:24 100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    No-one here is blaming the market for the fact they've not bought the console.

I'm just saying you can't use the market to then discuss quality or whether Nintendo have supported their console.

We've all agreed gaming is geared for middle aged office plebs that want to chat about that sick emotional moment in a game because they're too lazy to read a book.
  • Page

of 1409 First / Last